Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2013, 08:04 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,391,153 times

Advertisements

Found this listing that seems like a great deal. Here's the link:

Phoenix AZ Apartment For Rent - 5312 East Taylor Street Phoenix, AZ 85008

Looks like its in a safe ish area. Can't figure out why its so cheap. I've driven by near this area and I don't remember it seeming skeezy. What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 08:21 PM

1,112 posts, read 3,982,969 times
That area is alright. Not the best, not the worst. Close to the more undesirable areas around the airport, but equally close to Tempe and South Scottsdale. Pretty convenient location. My only problem with the area is the distance to day-to-day shopping. Not that the stores are far, they're just not as close as they would be in other parts of town.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyW View Post
That area is alright. Not the best, not the worst. Close to the more undesirable areas around the airport, but equally close to Tempe and South Scottsdale. Pretty convenient location. My only problem with the area is the distance to day-to-day shopping. Not that the stores are far, they're just not as close as they would be in other parts of town.
ya, on the map it does seem really close to scottsdale/tempe which I like. I don't need to be too close to shopping. i already spend too much . Would it be safe for a young, single woman? I'm just blown away at the prices and with utilities included, too. Seems too good to be true.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:31 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,709,295 times
It's ok. It's right next to the Phoenix Zoo. If you go west it gets kinda sketchy and once you get to 32nd street and Van Buren you start to see hookers and crack heads walking around. There's a neat little green belt that runs parallel to 48 street between McDowell and Camelback. Its one of the few areas of the valley that has lots of green trees and grass.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
It's ok. It's right next to the Phoenix Zoo. If you go west it gets kinda sketchy and once you get to 32nd street and Van Buren you start to see hookers and crack heads walking around. There's a neat little green belt that runs parallel to 48 street between McDowell and Camelback. Its one of the few areas of the valley that has lots of green trees and grass.
haha..so I might smell elephants?

What about these:

Phoenix Apartments | Arcadia on 49th Apartments | Apartments Phoenix, AZ

and

Phoenix AZ Apartment For Rent - 3601 E. McDowell Road Phoenix, AZ 85008

I work on Camelback and 44th and feel really safe there and these aren't too far from there but I haven't actually taken a drive right in this area so I'm not sure.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:42 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,709,295 times
The farther north you go the nicer it gets. Once you get north of Thomas you see homes that are in the $400k range and the homes on Camelback Mountain are in the $1mil to $2mil range. In general, the Arcadia area is really nice. You just want to avoid Van Buren and McDowell Roads west of 40th street. Take a drive around the area or check hotpads.com for home values for an indication of how nice the area is.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
The farther north you go the nicer it gets. Once you get north of Thomas you see homes that are in the $400k range and the homes on Camelback Mountain are in the $1mil to $2mil range. In general, the Arcadia area is really nice. You just want to avoid Van Buren and McDowell Roads west of 40th street. Take a drive around the area or check hotpads.com for home values for an indication of how nice the area is.
oh ya, I picked up on that one! haha, drove through McDowell road near the 44th to 64th area and wow!! Ya Van Buren and McDowell west of 40th do seem sketchy from the little of seen. I had a friend look at that link who has lived here the last 10 or so years and he seems to approve of the arcadia one. It doesn't seem to have curb appeal but from the pictures, looks like the inside is liveable enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area