Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2013, 08:24 PM

5 posts, read 10,489 times

Advertisements

My fiancé and I are looking to relocate in the next 6-9 months to the greater Phoenix area. I would like to know recommendations on Apartment communities as searching online has left me confused with many beautiful properties having very bad reviews. We are in our early 30's and do not or plan to have children and would prefer places that maybe are not as kid friendly..

I am transferring with work and will most likely be working in the North Scottsdale /North Phoenix/ North Mountain area. He is an accountant and will be looking for a new position, so his work location is unknown. Places in these areas would be preferable but am willing to look in other areas with the right property. We would like a 2 bedroom/ 2 bath and would not like to pay more the $1,250 a month. We prefer newer or updated properties with amenities.

Thank you for any help/suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 08:52 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,056,700 times
welcome to the board....

many, many dozens of choices in that area of Phx....you'll definitely find something with that budget...(sounds like you're coming from a much more expensive city??!!)

as you might know, the apartment review sites are notorious for being skewed by grumps/deadbeats who had disagreements with management....don't rely on those at all....

if you can manage, try to stay at an extended-stay-style hotel/motel for a week or three when you come out here and spend time in person scouting the choices and locations near work....visit places at night and on the weekends to check for noise, weird neighbors, parking hassles, etc...

Old 10-06-2013, 09:10 PM

Thank you for the advise. We are going to be staying for 7 days in November and have scheduled appointments with 7 different properties that seem great on paper. Most have been very pleasant when I have called, I am just nervous about finding a great place as we don't want to have to move again for at least 2 years or when we buy if we decide to stay long term. I have not made such a large relocation in many years which is probably cause for my nervousness but thank you again so much for your help .

Old 10-06-2013, 09:46 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
It's hard to go wrong with any of the Mark Taylor Rentals. No, I don't work for them, never did, and now that I've retired and left the Phoenix are, never will. But from REAL life people who live there (vs. online anonymous reviewers), they are a very good apartment rental company.

Enjoy your new home. Phoenix and Scottsdale are wonderful places to live.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:25 PM

Thank you so much! That is two of the properties I have appointments to see. One is a brand new Mark Taylor which I LOVE the look of, so hearing they are a good company makes me very happy.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:53 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,771,178 times
Equity residential can be pretty nice too. I think there is one off perimeter dr in north Scottsdale. The north Scottsdale area is more adults and very nice!

Old 10-07-2013, 07:04 AM

Thank you I will look into that. Our budget seems a little low for what we are looking for in the North Scottsdale/ Scottsdale area but that would be our overall preference for location.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:56 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,158,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoree78 View Post
Thank you so much! That is two of the properties I have appointments to see. One is a brand new Mark Taylor which I LOVE the look of, so hearing they are a good company makes me very happy.
Jk is spot on - Mark Taylor properties are always very nice. Another excellent company is Camden.

There's also a very nice brand new luxury property (called Domus) on the edge of the Arcadia neighborhood that seems geared towards adults - no playground! But it may be above your budget. The location is very nice and convenient to the 51 as well as Scottsdale. Good luck!

Old 10-07-2013, 02:49 PM

Thank you the property is exactly what we want however its double out budget $2,400 for a two bedroom. I am going to check into some camden properties.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area