Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 11:17 AM

347 posts, read 491,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
I have to say the OP is really needy and needs to actually do some research not just throw every absurd question out there. You seem so fixated on race and as other have said the west isn't so hungup on race as the so called diverse east is. Look at google maps and you will see how far apart the cities are and they are also just one continuous city.
Read a post about ANTHEM,AZ...and it having a "special life-style"...this made me think...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 11:18 AM

I get what you are all trying to say.

I might even look at Surprise, AZ.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:21 AM

For me a $200k home is less representative of my financial situation and just planning ahead...I hear alot on the forums that class/economic class issues are the most prevalent, can't say that I care anymore people judging me on my look or how people perceive my economic class or judge me on the car I drive.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:22 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,161,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
Read a post about ANTHEM,AZ...and it having a "special life-style"...this made me think...
Think about what? This is just an old urban legend that pops up periodically and appeals to salacious morons. And what does it have to do with your current questions, anyway?

Old 10-27-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
For me a $200k home is less representative of my financial situation and just planning ahead...I hear alot on the forums that class/economic class issues are the most prevalent, can't say that I care anymore people judging me on my look or how people perceive my economic class or judge me on the car I drive.
People are the same all over the country. Many people judge others by appearance, perceived class, income, etc. Ignore it. Obsessing about it gives others control. Live your life, spend your money as you see fit, and relax.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:25 AM

1,023 posts, read 1,451,525 times
Have you ever been in the PHX Metro before?

Old 10-27-2013, 11:37 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
You're straying from the reality of it all. You should stop trying to read between the lines and infer more than is being presented. A 200K neighborhood here would be a safe, clean place that most people would find a nice place to live.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You're straying from the reality of it all. You should stop trying to read between the lines and infer more than is being presented. A 200K neighborhood here would be a safe, clean place that most people would find a nice place to live.
Excellent advice. Don't overthink this.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
Have you ever been in the PHX Metro before?
No I hear many many stories about how friends of friends or friends of relatives move down there and love it. Except for how everything is far apart, they love it. Made me think about moving there. I know of some people that moved there in their mid 20's and now they are in their mid 30's and they don't even want to go back here.

but thanks for steering me in the right frame of mind.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:59 PM

Is it close to Scottsdale? No. Getting to Scottsdale will take you an hour. Why would that matter? I have been to Scottsdale but one or two times in the last ten years.[/quote]

I hear that Scottsdale has a lot of high end stores and businesses and even some really good doctors, is it true???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area