Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 10:16 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,902,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Cibo has great food but the owner is an arrogant POS that has no business being in the customer service industry.
Really? my friend plays cello there on Mondays and I haven't heard anything negative. Did the owner treat you poorly or is this a reputation he/she has garnered with the public. I would be interested to know as I eat there a lot and don't like giving my cash to someone who is an "arrogant POS"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 10:36 AM

9,189 posts, read 16,591,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
Really? my friend plays cello there on Mondays and I haven't heard anything negative. Did the owner treat you poorly or is this a reputation he/she has garnered with the public. I would be interested to know as I eat there a lot and don't like giving my cash to someone who is an "arrogant POS"
I should probably clarify. He was waiting on us. I'm fairly sure he was the owner based on pics from their site. We waited about an hour for our food (truthfully) and he was a complete jerk like he was doing us a favor by letting us eat there at all. When I asked about 40 mins in how much longer we could expect, he responded telling us he'd be happy to cancel our order if we were getting impatient and that people gladly wait two hours for the food because it's that good.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:40 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,175,492 times
heh .... sounds similar to our experience with Bianco's ex-wife/gf that would work the door for him

i've never had such an issue at Cibo and have always been treated really well

although, of the "name" places we've been treated the best at La Piazza al Forno - they even squeezed us in as a party of 8 on short notice and held a table for us for the first seating on opening night of Glendale Glitters - even though they don't take reservations and would have no issues filling the place that night ........ they've always been awesome to us

Old 11-15-2013, 01:05 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,725,380 times
I am a big Pizzeria Bianco fan and I wasn't impressed with Cibo, although I should probably give it a second chance. I did, however, really like Pomo Pizzeria which is at 1st Street and McKinley. It is VPN (Associazione Vera Pizza Napoletana) certified, and opened at that location a few months ago. La Piazza Locale opened a few weeks ago and is also VPN certified. Bianco is getting a run for his money in the realm of downtown gourmet pizza.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:17 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,175,492 times
Good info - will have to check out Pomo ....... also really great that La Piazza has a downtown location now

Old 11-15-2013, 01:53 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,902,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I should probably clarify. He was waiting on us. I'm fairly sure he was the owner based on pics from their site. We waited about an hour for our food (truthfully) and he was a complete jerk like he was doing us a favor by letting us eat there at all. When I asked about 40 mins in how much longer we could expect, he responded telling us he'd be happy to cancel our order if we were getting impatient and that people gladly wait two hours for the food because it's that good.
Thanks for the info. that would definitely ensure me never spending another buck there had it been me. I do love their pizza and it is half a block from my place, so I will probably go back (until I receive the same treatment, lol).

Old 11-15-2013, 06:43 PM

278 posts, read 545,053 times
The Pizza at Bianco is pretty good actually. Grimaldis ehhh i dont know lol I've eaten the one here in BK since i was born and it is amazing. Actually i had it 3 days ago. A couple months ago i had the one in Phoenix and it was not the same.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:14 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,276,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Good info - will have to check out Pomo ....... also really great that La Piazza has a downtown location now
Phoenix magazine also has had good things to say about Pomo, which was New Time's Best Downtown. In their Best of the Valley ratings in the current issue's cover story, Phoenix awarded "Best Slice" to Isa's Pizza at Aiello's Salumeria (777 E. Thunderbird Road). Chow Bella in New Times also gave it top marks.

In their section called "Reader's Picks," the Best Pizzeria went to Barro's. But if it's anything like the pedestrian choices the readers made in other categories, I assume it's a chain.

New Times has lots to say about pizza. Their top ratings went to:

Best Gourmet Pizza: Trattoria Bianco, Chris Bianco's newest joint, 4743 N. 20th Street
Best in Central Phoenix: Federal Pizza, 5210 N. Central Avenue
Best Downtown: Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana, 705 N. 1st Street
Best in the North: Spinato's Pizzeria, 1614 E. Bell Road
Best in the South: Amano Bistro and Wine Bar, 1541 E. Baseline Road
Best in the West: La Piazza al Forno, 8900 E. Pinnacle Peak Road
Best in the Southeast: Big Boy's, 1731 W. Baseline in Mesa
Best in Scottsdale: Lamp Wood Oven Pizzeria, 8900 E. Pinnacle Peak Road, Scottsdale
Best in Tempe: Venezia's New York Style Pizzeria, 33 E. Southern Avenue, Tempe

Apparently, we're never far from edible pizza anywhere in the Metro.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:41 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,588,728 times
Try La Piazza Al Forno in downtown Glendale, AZ

This address posted in the post above is wrong

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...d=0CI4BEPwSMAs

Old 11-21-2013, 02:50 PM

450 posts, read 1,550,719 times
All,

My family and I went to Bianco's on Saturday morning. We got there around 11am and there was no wait, but the tables were full by the time we left (11:40ish). If you want lunch on Saturday, get there early.

As for the pizza, it was good, but not great (and I'm a huge Neapolitan Pizza fan). The one with pistachios wasn't to my liking, but the Margherita was really good, though it needed an extra 20-30 seconds in the oven. I did find them a bit expensive, though, but maybe I've been spoiled by 2Amy's in DC (I tend to compare all other Neapolitan pizza's to 2Amy's). 2Amy's is truly the best pizza I've found anywhere, including when I was in Naples (and the pies are about $5 cheaper than at Bianco's, on average). Rustico in Alexandria, VA, is also very good, and a step above Bianco's, IMHO.

All in all, a good experience, some good pizza, and a nice, quaint location. I would definitely go again the next time I'm out in the Phoenix area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area