Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 06:08 PM

9,189 posts, read 16,558,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Haven't been here yet myself, but I saw that McFate just won the designation of Best New Brewery.

Best New Brewery in Phoenix: Fate Brewing Company
It's good. Pretty solid beer, especially for this area, and good pizza. My only complaint is that it's very small in there so waits can be long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 06:44 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,612,066 times
I'll echo the hotel lounges, or maybe just the whole of fennec2009's post. I used to go the W pretty often and the Valley Ho occasionally. My ex I used to stay at the W every few months to offload some SPG points. The rooms aren't that expensive either (my opinion). Nice to stay and enjoy the pool with a cocktail and a reserved chair.

AZ88 makes massive drinks. I don't drink liquor, but when I did, I couldn't drink one martini from AZ88 and drive back to North Scottsdale to my house--that's how strong they are. I like the restaurant because it has big drinks, a nice location, and most of all because the owner also owns Hanny's in Phoenix, lives in my neighborhood in the Midwest, and owns a very similar restaurant to AZ88 in the Midwest also. He owns a chain of frozen custard restaurants too... I'm (too) well acquainted with them.

Olive & Ivy is another decent suggestion. I've taken a number of out of town guests there over the last few years. Good vibe.

Never been a fan of dance clubs but the ones I have been to all seem to cater to younger (mostly 20s, IMO) people.

Also when I lived at Kierland, most of the bars in that area were 30+. Mostly tourists and regulars; I'd run into the same people all over the area in North Scottsdale, mostly 30-40 singles. And there were a lot of them. That was a few years ago though; I'm not sure if it's still the same.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:45 PM

10 posts, read 46,678 times
I've come to discover that Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill at Mesa Riverview attracts quite a diverse age group. Not a bad spot if you like country music.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:12 PM

428 posts, read 5,880,536 times
Did a lot of the bars in old town close? I heard of a few bar closures but not sure which ones are still around... pussycat lounge, cream stereo lounge, dirty pretty, suede, myst, crown room, jackrabbit, the mondrian, and axis radius? I'm sure there are more, those are just the names I can recall. Which ones are still around?

Old 11-25-2013, 01:12 AM

890 posts, read 2,269,553 times
Suede and Myst were knocked down. They've built an entertainment complex there housing Maya Day/Nightclub, HiFi, Derby Public House, and Whiskey Row.

Pussycat Lounge is now EPIQ. The entire place is plastered in mirrors and gives me a headache. High cover on the weekends.

Axis has closed and should be replaced by two new venues next year I believe.

Cream Stereo Lounge closed but I don't know what happened there.

Don't know about the rest of them. Some of the new/er ones around there: Firehouse, Barney's, El Hefe, The Mint, Shotgun Betty's, The Lodge, Rockbar, Social Tap, American Junkie, Smashboxx, Dollhouse. Those last two are good for dancing, I like the rest but Barney's is usually pretty dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area