Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 05:17 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
Thank you so much for your help. Money is tight but driving around in an unfamiliar place scares me. I will look into what my options are when I arrive. I understand the location of my job will determine where I ultimately live. My lease is going to end in February and I really do not want to stay here. It can't hurt to start the job search now.
It is very easy to drive around here because everything is on a nice square grid. There aren't any neighborhoods where you will be murdered or mugged if you take the wrong turn either. You might look into zipcar if you are staying in Tempe. They have a couple locations there. That way you can just rent it when you want it. Unfortunately, you are not going to see much of what you need to to get a good idea without a car. That is life in Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 06:02 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,478,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is very easy to drive around here because everything is on a nice square grid. There aren't any neighborhoods where you will be murdered or mugged if you take the wrong turn either. You might look into zipcar if you are staying in Tempe. They have a couple locations there. That way you can just rent it when you want it. Unfortunately, you are not going to see much of what you need to to get a good idea without a car. That is life in Phoenix.
Lol! Zipcar sounds like a good idea. I will look into it. Thanks.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:45 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,006,559 times
I don't know your food tastes, but whenever I'm even near Tempe, I have to go here: Cornish Pasty Co.
Check out downtown Scottsdale while you're there too.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:21 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I don't know your food tastes, but whenever I'm even near Tempe, I have to go here: Cornish Pasty Co.
Check out downtown Scottsdale while you're there too.
Me too! An ex-yooper needs yooper food and this is close to the real thing! There should be a choice for rutabagas in the pasty but otherwise pretty good. I used to have the relatives back in the tundra send a Care package, but now we make a pilgrimage every couple months to stock the freezer.

And definitely check out Scottsdale. You should be able to catch a bus up Rural/Scottsdale Road to Camelback where Scottsdale Fashion Square is. From there you can ride the free trolley around old town area.

Downtown Trolley

Old 12-04-2013, 07:37 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,006,559 times
The owner is the real deal: a Brit made good in AZ.
I was there a few days ago and they do include rutabagas in at least some of the pasties. I just checked the menu online and they list them in the "lamb and mint" one.
Pasty and a pint of thick ale (cider, whatever...) is hard to beat!

Old 12-05-2013, 11:06 AM

I certainly have a lot of ground to cover. I cannot wait!

I've already started my job search. Are there any Phoenix web sites that I should post my resume on? I put it on Linkedin, Indeed and Career Builders so far. I will post it on Monster and Simplyhired tomorrow.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:26 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,213,292 times
I'd try jobing.com as well

What is your background? What are you looking to do?

Old 12-05-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I'd try jobing.com as well

What is your background? What are you looking to do?
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area