Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 02:43 PM

44,547 posts, read 61,242,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Any ideas?

I am missing my fave place in Iowa, believe it or not!

This is the old place: http://elrodeo123.com/ (the food is great, the margs...even better!)

Does anyone know of a place comparable?
Valle Luna is comparable to the Des Moines Iowa place. Margs are good. Also Manuels at 58th Ave & Peoria is comparable to the Iowa restaurants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 07:11 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,891,685 times
Best margaritas are at The Mission in Scottsdale in my opinion...it's more of a trendy going-out Saturday night type of place though. The house margarita is awesome though.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:15 PM

9,479 posts, read 12,221,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Valle Luna is comparable to the Des Moines Iowa place. Margs are good. Also Manuels at 58th Ave & Peoria is comparable to the Iowa restaurants.
I look forward to trying all kinds of Mexican places I am sure that there are places better than the one in my old hometown ( though they are authentic) but for now I'm looking for something similar

Old 12-07-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Best margaritas are at The Mission in Scottsdale in my opinion...it's more of a trendy going-out Saturday night type of place though. The house margarita is awesome though.
I'll keep that in mind for the future. Thanks!

Old 12-07-2013, 08:08 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,001,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Good lord. Do you really call them margs where you live or is that a typing thing?

funny, pb....never heard that nomenclature before.....maybe if we order a margarita in Des Moines, they'll look at us funny for calling it that??

one marker for me of a good Mexican place is if it serves Tecate in a can, it's probably pretty authentic

Old 12-09-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
funny, pb....never heard that nomenclature before.....maybe if we order a margarita in Des Moines, they'll look at us funny for calling it that??

one marker for me of a good Mexican place is if it serves Tecate in a can, it's probably pretty authentic
No lol. Marg is my nickname for them. Often I would text my friends "margs? Friday?" And that was all it took

I tried Valle Luna and thought it was very good! I had the spinach enchilada and cleaned my plate My "marg" was good but not great.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:07 PM

3,165 posts, read 1,149,734 times
if you want a margarita that will knock your socks off in the DV area, try Caramba's on Bell, just east of I-17. The place isn't anything to brag about but the margaritas are STRONG! Try them with the Mex. pizza

Old 12-09-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowesthand View Post
if you want a margarita that will knock your socks off in the DV area, try Caramba's on Bell, just east of I-17. The place isn't anything to brag about but the margaritas are STRONG! Try them with the Mex. pizza
Ah! Good to know, and also in the neighborhood. Thanks!

I'm not above "hole in the wall" places.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:46 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,001,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
No lol. Marg is my nickname for them. Often I would text my friends "margs? Friday?" And that was all it took

I tried Valle Luna and thought it was very good! I had the spinach enchilada and cleaned my plate My "marg" was good but not great.

sorry to be funnin' with you about margs....

some friends took me to Valle Luna (Moon Valley!) a while ago and I think the spinach enchiladas are what I had, also.....nice local joint.....I had a Tecate, tho....

Old 12-09-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
sorry to be funnin' with you about margs....

some friends took me to Valle Luna (Moon Valley!) a while ago and I think the spinach enchiladas are what I had, also.....nice local joint.....I had a Tecate, tho....
It's cool. Maybe I'll start a new trend? Soon you will all be calling them margs!

I wished their green chili was veggie, but it had carne. Bummer. The enchiladas did have green sauce though, so that was something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area