Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 12:50 PM

8 posts, read 10,358 times

Advertisements

I have been going to Phoenix area for the past 3 years because this is where I wanted to retire and own a home. This last trip has left me confused. The homes prices have gone up and up and now I am limited of where to buy. I never own a home. I live in California.

I have only a few places to buy - and I found some houses in Buckeye but reading about the water and sewer company has made me kind of scare. I will be in a fix income so I want to be able to live with my retirement.

I am not planning to get a pool but I was planning to get a spa. If I stay here, I will be paying for an apt that is dump because the rent in Southern California is outrages.

I have look in Goodyear but this last trip the builders were few, if any. I know next time they start building it will be higher and probably impossible to buy.

I am just not sure what to do about Buckeye and the water/sewer prices.

Bertha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 12:59 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,479,027 times
I understand what you mean. Prices are going up because Phoenix is desirable to many people. You may want to post your price range and what you are looking for to get better advice.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:00 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Since you are talking about builders, I assume you are looking for new or nearly new construction, buying rather than renting. What is your budget? Is there a particular reason why you are limiting yourself to new construction and, for that matter, to the southwest side of the Valley? I ask because you may have other options in Sun City, Mesa, and other areas.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:34 PM

Default confused and planning to move to Phoenix

When I was there a few days ago, I was in Mesa area, Peoria(didn't get to check too many there) and got lost in Surprise and ending in a very undesirable area. I even went as far as Casa Grande and didn't not like that area at all. I want a safe place because I will be living alone.

Well, I was looking at new houses because I am still 6 months away and if I found one I couldn't buy it and I was worry that by June the prices are like here.

I wanted to keep it in 245,000 amount but that is what I was qualify about 4 months ago on a home in Goodyear that I was planning to buy. At the time the Lender wouldn't give me anything but Commercial and it would be my second home. They stress me out - the realtor and the lender that I just backed out of it. I felt they were playing games with me and I am too old to play games. I really love the house and it was in the community I wanted to live. The community was Estrella in Goodyear. It took me 4 months to get over their experience. I still love the house but I don't like the employer they have doing their sales and lending.

Bertha

Old 01-02-2014, 01:48 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Consider Province in Maricopa. I have several friends who live there and love it. Gated community with lovely amenities. They all feel safe there.

http://www.meritagehomes.com/search/...FWFS4godm2kAyw

Old 01-02-2014, 01:59 PM

Thanks I will check it out.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:28 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,680,547 times
Or, just wait until the home prices crash again. That'll be coming soon.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:30 PM

You are funny but you might be right but with all these Canadian buying in Arizona and Florida is making our dream go down the drain.

I just wonder how this is making the people that already live there and would like to buy something and can't. I know the salary isn't as high than some other places.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:58 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,479,027 times
I am suprised that you are having so much trouble. Your budget seems healthy. How much are the homes that you like going for?

The price of homes floored me too. I think people who made a lot of money from selling their homes may be paying cash. Be careful of communities filled with renters.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:45 PM

When I started looking 3 years go, it was 170,000 to 200,000. This time all I found were in the 300,000. I get really lost when I am there because I don't know the area. I got a couple of mail from builder today and they told me they had some and directed me in the area. Unfortunately, I have to go back to work Monday so it will have to wait.

I don't think I have high taste. At least I am very creative so I can do a lot of upgrades myself. Don't get me wrong some of the houses in 300000 are to die for but the upgrades they put in these homes I am sure it adds another 50,000 into it. You get more for your money for sure than here where I live.

I didn't realize people were buying and renting. That's not good. It isn't this what happen in the past? Everyone were buying and then they had to walk away.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area