Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 09:13 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,773,568 times

Advertisements

Anybody know anything about what to expect here? It'll be the 14 floors above Hotel Palomar downtown. I emailed to ask and was told that the first 2 floors will be done "early February", the next 2 floor at the end of February and the rest of the building done in April.

I have a tour this weekend to check it out, as I've been looking to move downtown for a while now and I've been touring various buildings. The location is awesome, obviously, but I don't know anything else about the building, really. The website is mostly "we expect it to look like this"-style renderings and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 09:31 AM

6,401 posts, read 8,918,516 times
Expect it to be expensive.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Expect it to be expensive.
I got the quotes; it's generally on par with 44 Monroe, which is fine by me.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:37 AM

9,189 posts, read 16,540,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I got the quotes; it's generally on par with 44 Monroe, which is fine by me.
Are they selling 44 Monroe units now? I thought they were all rentals.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:45 AM

3,819 posts, read 11,888,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Are they selling 44 Monroe units now? I thought they were all rentals.
Cityscape Residences are all rentals, it's an apartment building.

As OP said, I think the location is awesome...if you're going to live downtown, that's the place to live. I have a feeling it's going to "sell out" (rent out? ) very quickly...same as 44 Monroe which is pretty much at full occupancy all the time.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:51 AM

9,189 posts, read 16,540,810 times
If I were younger and less tied down, I'd be down there in a heartbeat. I was wondering how much a condo like that would go for but apparently they're not for sale.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Cityscape Residences are all rentals, it's an apartment building.

As OP said, I think the location is awesome...if you're going to live downtown, that's the place to live. I have a feeling it's going to "sell out" (rent out? ) very quickly...same as 44 Monroe which is pretty much at full occupancy all the time.
Yep, they're both all rentals (should have clarified, sorry). I toured 44 Monroe and it definitely fills up...they only have three units open, only one of which is a 1-bedroom. I liked it and it's still an option, but I wanted to check out Cityscape as well.

Looked at Summit, which are condos (many of which are being leased out), but many of the owners are trying to rent them furnished.

I have until April, but the sooner I can move, the better. If Cityscape is worth it, I'll apply there...otherwise it'll likely be 44 Monroe.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:13 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,432,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Anybody know anything about what to expect here? It'll be the 14 floors above Hotel Palomar downtown. I emailed to ask and was told that the first 2 floors will be done "early February", the next 2 floor at the end of February and the rest of the building done in April.

I have a tour this weekend to check it out, as I've been looking to move downtown for a while now and I've been touring various buildings. The location is awesome, obviously, but I don't know anything else about the building, really. The website is mostly "we expect it to look like this"-style renderings and such.
Unfortunately I don't have any further information for you, only a request: If you would be kind enough to come back and post your thoughts of the Cityscape after your tour it would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 01-03-2014, 10:01 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,612,144 times
Where do the one bedrooms start? $1500/month?

Old 01-04-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
Where do the one bedrooms start? $1500/month?
It starts at $1,285/month for a 1 bedroom, but that particular unit is SMALL (653 sqft). The more "normal" sized 1 bedrooms clock in at around $1,600-$1,800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
Unfortunately I don't have any further information for you, only a request: If you would be kind enough to come back and post your thoughts of the Cityscape after your tour it would be greatly appreciated!!
So I got a "construction" tour, since the building isn't finished yet. As in, "put on your hard hat to walk through here" kind of tour.

The pros
New construction
No security deposit (??? I didn't get it either, but that's what they told me OAC)
Short leasing available
Hotel amenities (including housekeeping for a charge!!!) in addition to the regular apartment amenities.

The cons
Worst bang for your buck in the square footage department
Most 1 bedrooms are 1 bath, not 1.5 bath
No balconies on most units
Unimpressive bathroom

In my head, I find myself comparing it to 44 Monroe, which was my 2nd most recent tour. For the same price, you'll get a unit that's minus a half bath, 100-200 sqft smaller, and no balcony. But you'll have hardwood flooring in the living room, hotel amenities, and for the nitpickers, a SLIGHTLY better location.

The unit that most interested me was $1,787 for a 967 sqft 1bdr/1bath. For comparison, I was quoted $1,862 for a 1310 sqft 1bdr/1.5 bath at 44 Monroe including balcony, so it's more like 1210 sqft.

Personal preference. In a vacuum, 44 Monroe would be a better choice in that price range, but they were kind of rude to me and the people at Cityscape were awesome. YMMV. I've had a HORRIBLE experience with people in my search so far, so for me, that's actually a really big deal. Still trying to decide for myself which place I want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area