Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2014, 08:20 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,791,006 times

Advertisements

Okay been doing homework regarding which gym I want to join. There is a plethora of workout places to choose from. Basically, what Im looking for is a place that offers a variety of group exercise classes such as spinning, total strength, kickboxing, etc with flexible times. Not really big on the machines. Is there a gym that would fit my needs. Was thinking of LA Fitness, but they got horrible reviews. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 10:10 PM

1,292 posts, read 3,464,154 times
You checked out Central Park Square Gym? Lots of group classes, may fit your needs: Athletic Club Phoenix, fitness club, aerobics classes, exercise classes, phoenix health club, phoenix fitness club, corporate health club, professional fitness club, cardio classes, aqua aerobics, step aerobics, abs, sculpt, yoga, bikes, pool, sauna,

The Gold's Gym downtown may be convenient if you work in the area, but not sure on the class structure.

You could also check out Sports Club at City Square: Sports Club at City Square

Old 01-21-2014, 10:24 PM

216 posts, read 730,853 times
Def try 24 Hour Fitness, if I remember correctly it's at Camelback & 32nd St.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:10 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,294,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Mike View Post
You checked out Central Park Square Gym? Lots of group classes, may fit your needs: Athletic Club Phoenix, fitness club, aerobics classes, exercise classes, phoenix health club, phoenix fitness club, corporate health club, professional fitness club, cardio classes, aqua aerobics, step aerobics, abs, sculpt, yoga, bikes, pool, sauna,

The Gold's Gym downtown may be convenient if you work in the area, but not sure on the class structure.

You could also check out Sports Club at City Square: Sports Club at City Square

I was a member at Central Park Square for years. LOVED that place. May join again. I can't give you current info on their classes, but I loved the atmosphere. Small place, mostly people just trying to get and stay fit, not bodybuilders and preeners. Older people there to do water aerobics (indoor pool, jacuzzi and cold plunge). Go check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area