U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 04:08 AM

376 posts, read 55,499 times

Advertisements

Was wondering about those who post online here. Can you answer the following:
1. Political leanings:
A. Republican (right winger/libertarian/etc.) or

B. Democrat (left winger/liberal/etc.) or

C. Other

2. Yes/No--The term "Illegal" is a derogatory term and "Undocumented Immigrant" is more proper to use.

3. Yes/No--There is a lot of hatred towards Mexicans in the Valley.

4. Who would you vote for if the 2008 Presidential Election were here today?

I am really just looking for black and white answers and not discussions here. (We have plenty of threads for those!) So, if you could list 1 through 4 and the answers only, I would appreciate it so much.
Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 05:38 AM

788 posts, read 1,343,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlinAZ View Post
1. Political leanings:

C. Other

2. Yes/No--The term "Illegal" is a derogatory term and "Undocumented Immigrant" is more proper to use.

I am really just looking for black and white answers and not discussions here. (We have plenty of threads for those!) So, if you could list 1 through 4 and the answers only, I would appreciate it so much.
Thanks for your time.
1. C Other (independent because I don't like to be tied down and don't like mass thought)

2. I would personally opt for "illegal" because even illegal immigrants have some kind of documents, and not all of them work. In reality, they are here illegally, so I think that term is fine. Derogatory terms are only that way because of perception.

3. Define "a lot". Yes, many people do hate and many make incorrect assumptions about Mexicans in general because of the illegal immigration issue.

4. If elections were today, I could only tell you who I would not vote for: Hillary, Huckabee, Giuliani

Old 12-01-2007, 05:47 AM

376 posts, read 55,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artliquide View Post
3. Define "a lot". Yes, many people do hate and many make incorrect assumptions about Mexicans in general because of the illegal immigration issue.
This answer reminds me of "it depends on what your definition of "is" is" LOL.
I think you got what I meant by your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artliquide View Post
4. If elections were today, I could only tell you who I would not vote for: Hillary, Huckabee, Giuliani
By your response here, sounds like you wouldn't be voting at all then? Take a look at someone I like: Dennis Kucinich. He really has a lot of the same feelings you seem to have discussed on this forum. If you go to his site you can see where he stands on the issues and go from there
dennis4president.com - Issues (http://www.dennis4president.com/go/issues/ - broken link)
(just trying to give you some ideas you may not have considered previously)
Thanks for answering the poll.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:57 AM

788 posts, read 1,343,542 times
Quote:
This answer reminds me of "it depends on what your definition of "is" is" LOL.
I think you got what I meant by your response.

By your response here, sounds like you wouldn't be voting at all then? Take a look at someone I like: Dennis Kucinich. He really has a lot of the same feelings you seem to have discussed on this forum. If you go to his site you can see where he stands on the issues and go from there
dennis4president.com - Issues (http://www.dennis4president.com/go/issues/ - broken link)
(just trying to give you some ideas you may not have considered previously)
Thanks for answering the poll.

That's why I'm glad we still have a little under a year. I like to research my candidates and avoid the media as much as possible (if that's possible). I wish elections were more open because with major party nominations, people like Kucinich have little chance of making it on the final ballot just because elections are like beauty pageants these days. The one who can scream the loudest usually wins even if they're not the smartest candidate, unfortunately (I voted for Nader back in 2000)

Old 12-01-2007, 08:32 AM

66 posts, read 27,774 times
Just yes/no answers are difficult for me, so I'll make my post real short.

2. Call a spade a spade. If you are here illegally you are an 'illegal'. But 'undocument immigrant' is fine too.

3. No. There is not a lot of hatred towards Mexicans but some resentment amongst those who can't find work while "Undocumenteds" are working (especially amongst those who immigrated to Arizona with "documents").

Old 12-01-2007, 08:57 AM

8,694 posts, read 10,950,354 times
Somewhere between Gore Vidal and Joseph McCarthey.
I don't think it is hatred towards the illegals.
I really do not like any of the candidates.
I can't remember the other questions....have not had my coffee yet.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:43 PM

3,558 posts, read 4,688,709 times
Quote:
1. Political leanings:

C. Other
None of the above. I used to be a staunch Republican until a few years ago ... but I really became digusted at the abandonment of the TRUE Republican principles which Barry Goldwater believed in (fiscally conservative, less government intervention). These days, the GOP has pretty much been hijacked by the prudes on the far right who want MORE government legislation on social issues which shouldn't even be political matters! I'm now a Libertarian ... which seems to be the only party that holds the Bill of Rights sacred.

Quote:
If a non U.S. citizen sneaked over the border and is living in this country, then that person is ILLEGAL. "Undocumented immigrant" is a sugar coated, politically correct phrase ... and I don't give a rat's rump about being politically correct!

Quote:
Not really. I think it's more the other way around. It seems if you even mention the FACT that Hispanics tend to be breeders when they don't have the financial means, you're labeled "racist", "child hater", "intolerant", etc. I personally don't have anything against Mexicans/Hispanics so long as they're legal citizens and law abiding. Sadly though, many of them seem to turn to a life of crime.

Quote:
Probably Giuliani. He seems to be the strongest candidate, and the one who I agree with the most. Still not crazy about everything he stands for. Matter of fact, I think this whole race so far has been a three ring circus, and all of the candidates are a clan of clowns.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:56 PM

4,299 posts, read 10,309,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
None of the above. I used to be a staunch Republican until a few years ago ... but I really became digusted at the abandonment of the TRUE Republican principles which Barry Goldwater believed in (fiscally conservative, less government intervention). These days, the GOP has pretty much been hijacked by the prudes on the far right who want MORE government legislation on social issues which shouldn't even be political matters! I'm now a Libertarian ... which seems to be the only party that holds the Bill of Rights sacred.

If a non U.S. citizen sneaked over the border and is living in this country, then that person is ILLEGAL. "Undocumented immigrant" is a sugar coated, politically correct phrase ... and I don't give a rat's rump about being politically correct!

Not really. I think it's more the other way around. It seems if you even mention the FACT that Hispanics tend to be breeders when they don't have the financial means, you're labeled "racist", "child hater", "intolerant", etc. I personally don't have anything against Mexicans/Hispanics so long as they're legal citizens and law abiding. Sadly though, many of them seem to turn to a life of crime.

Probably Giuliani. He seems to be the strongest candidate, and the one who I agree with the most. Still not crazy about everything he stands for. Matter of fact, I think this whole race so far has been a three ring circus, and all of the candidates are a clan of clowns.

Put me down for all he or she just said

Old 12-01-2007, 11:02 PM

43,176 posts, read 20,156,241 times
My answers are in bold navy color.

1. Political leanings:

C. Other

I'm a Barry Goldwater Conservative Republican. I hope the GOP goes back to its traditional conservative principles.

The term "Illegal" is not derogatory, if they entered this country illegaly, then they are illegal immigrants, and I don't care what you want to call them.

I don't hate Mexicans, and I agree with Valley Native's comments about crime rate and how Hispanics tend to bring more children into less than ideal environment.

I like Fred Thompson and Ron Paul.

Thanks for your time.[/quote]

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 12-01-2007 at 11:11 PM..

Old 12-02-2007, 02:37 AM

10,567 posts, read 14,071,950 times
Quote:
1. Political leanings:

C. Other

4. Who would you vote for if the 2008 Presidential Election were here today
Thanks for your time.
1 A Republican, Conservative

2 Illegal is just fine. Should we start calling bank robbers "wealth reaportionment technitians?" How about car thieves, should we call them, "transportation impaired." Murderers maybe should be called "overpopulation engineers." Why can't people call it what it is. You are either here legally or you are not.

3 I am not a full time resident as of yet, but my wife and I didn't have any hatred toward us. Everyone was very nice to us and our kids.

4 Mit Rommney would have my vote.

GirlinAz

I have read a lot of your post's so I can guess what you would put here. Why don't you answer the question as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: