Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2014, 09:17 AM

148 posts, read 265,373 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good Dentist in the West valley, can be close to Surprise, does not have to be right in Surprise ?

I know that every dentist charges different fees, but on average can anyone tell me what a typical cleaning should cost, or if their is a website that may list charges for dental services ?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 10:09 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,163,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj-rk1 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good Dentist in the West valley, can be close to Surprise, does not have to be right in Surprise ?

I know that every dentist charges different fees, but on average can anyone tell me what a typical cleaning should cost, or if their is a website that may list charges for dental services ?

Thanks
The problem with switching dentists is that they want you to get new xrays. So the cleaning isn't the only portion of the bill.

Now. If you know how to say "no", then use Dental Coupons | Dentist Specials in Colorado, NM, AZ | Perfect Teeth . It's $34 for the cleaning and X-ray, it's a lost leader. Normally it's over $250 for both. BUT, their business model is selling insurance. I somewhat felt I was at a time-share presentation (an extremely mild version). They were good (quality hygienist and dentist), but I don't want to buy insurance (and said no) so I won't go back.

Also checkout Midwestern University . They are in the Arrowhead area.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:18 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,224,111 times
Something to be aware of that seems to be common in the area is that there are a lot of dentists that have practices elsewhere in the valley and are only in their 'west valley location' certain days of the week or month. We were unaware of this when we were looking for a dentist and it caused problems with scheduling as we only had two days a week they were in the office out here and it took 3 to 4 weeks to get appointments. We're searching for a new dentist for this very reason and we now ask this question and have discovered this is more common than we knew.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:06 AM

247 posts, read 844,116 times
My husband is very happy with Suncoast Dental in Surprise, he goes during his lunch hour at work. I use the one in Goodyear and love them.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:53 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
LBTRS - if you're serious about finding a new dentist, shoot me a PM and I'll give info on the one I use in the Goodyear area

To the OP, I'll be more than happy to send the information to you as well - they are on unincorporated county land (LP address), so with 20 minutes of most of Surprise

I switched over about 6 years ago and have been very happy - my family uses them now and we've had friends make the switch as well .... good hours, good staff and the dentists are really good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area