Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 08:05 AM

487 posts, read 748,564 times

Advertisements

I didn't have to do either - didn't have to threaten to cancel, and didn't have to say specifically to "take it off" - all I did was to call and tell them what happened and they offered, very nicely, to take it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 08:25 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,643,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat1105 View Post
I didn't have to do either - didn't have to threaten to cancel, and didn't have to say specifically to "take it off" - all I did was to call and tell them what happened and they offered, very nicely, to take it off.
You didn't even have to make a post about it on CD and get livid? Weird.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:35 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,683,166 times
Call them up and cancel your service--or at least try to do it. It's the only way to come out ahead with any provider anymore.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:21 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
Due to the Target hacker fiasco, Bank of America replaced my debit card.

Right at the same time my Cox bill was rejected due to the change in card #s.
I missed the change by less than a week.
Cox sent me a notice that I'm being charged a late fee of $25.00.

Really? I've been a Cox customer for over 15 years. I'm livid about this!

So instead of calling them and simply asking them to remove the billing charge, explaining the situation if necessary, you chose to go on the internet and rant about it? How is this even remotely productive?

How are they supposed to know what your situation is? All they are doing is following the company policy and the terms which you agreed to when you originally signed up with them.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:47 PM

563 posts, read 1,787,456 times
why are you blaming COX for this "fiasco" anyways? Its Target/BofA that screwed up here, causing big inconveniences because of something that is their responsibility. Did you ask for a new card? Of course not, but they issued you a new card - not for your protection, but for their protection.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:54 AM

487 posts, read 748,564 times
Some people have such hatred for their cable/satellite providers that they're just champing at the bit to find something so they can mis-direct their anger at them. I had a great deal of trouble with Comcast out here in Illinois when they were my TV provider (still use them for internet), but they were just lovely when the Target fiasco caused credit card trouble. They sent an email saying that the autopay rejected due to the old CC number and to please pay the balance. No late fee, and I didn't even have to contact them. They contacte me.

Last edited by BlueCat1105; 03-18-2014 at 07:42 AM..

Old 03-21-2014, 01:50 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,144 times
I had to pay the fee and they say they will remove off of my next bill. They made me pay for April's billing in advance as well. I've never ever been late for a bill.

I'm dealing with the recent passing of my father and my mother is also sick. Just the fact that I had to deal with something else set me off. Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:54 PM

2,379 posts, read 2,710,734 times
That's nothing compared to the level of incompetence I've experience with Cox. I agree that you can probably just have them remove the fee. But in general, I hope you're all aware that if you run into major problems, you can complain to the city department that has oversight. But excuse my skepticism if I doubt that Cox has better customer service than others, unless you're going to compare it to a penal colony somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area