Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 11:10 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,161,020 times

Advertisements

My pool was 71 on Saturday. Thought about getting in then came to my senses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 07:27 PM

163 posts, read 205,768 times
So jealous! I'll be relocating out there in 2 mos. Can not wait! It was 29 in NY today (and they say it's Spring?)

Old 03-25-2014, 07:38 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,119,575 times
Today you cannot see very far because the wind is blowing dust in the air that you cannot see through!

just another joy of the weather here in Az.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:45 PM

9,189 posts, read 16,544,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
Today you cannot see very far because the wind is blowing dust in the air that you cannot see through!

I'll still take it over snow in late March!

Old 03-26-2014, 12:36 AM

44,546 posts, read 61,236,501 times
Quote:

A rare occurrence that lasts for 2-3 hours. These normally happen Jul-Aug time frame.
Except for that rare afternoon Haboob it was clear sunny 87F, Yesterday was clear sunny 89F. Weather here has been nearly ideal since last November.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:24 AM

9,478 posts, read 12,219,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
A rare occurrence that lasts for 2-3 hours. These normally happen Jul-Aug time frame.
Except for that rare afternoon Haboob it was clear sunny 87F, Yesterday was clear sunny 89F. Weather here has been nearly ideal since last November.
The dust didn't effect the entire valley, either. I didn't see any of it.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:42 AM

487 posts, read 743,540 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Yes, we had enough snow to whiten my world again yesterday morning, and 12° this morning. I'm sitting here with my space heater going as I type this.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:14 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,626,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slan490 View Post
I'm in Seattle and can definitely commiserate. The 5 day weather forecast for Phoenix is my ideal temps...80's to low 90's.

I'm at the point here where spring has sprung but I'm so damn cold and nothing under 70 will make me warm. Gotta stay focused on my goal to get there, somehow someway.

Glad you're enjoying it!
If you're coming from the PNW, it's really as nice as you imagine it. I can't imagine EVER going back to live in the PNW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
Hi Maverick, Please write back in late July or August. ;-)
I've been here for three summers now. I moved here in June of 2011 and I like it here more and more every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Somebody is going to say it so I might as well be the first...

It's a little bit too warm for this early in the year and we need some rain.
Yes, we do need some rain and I'd happily take it but I'll take whatever nature is going to throw my way. If it's warm sunshine and clear blue skies, then who am I to deny mother nature???? HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italy04 View Post
Yay! Enjoy! And rub it in as much as you like I'm in Montana where it snowed over the wknd but I'll be a Phoenician next winter! I've been miserable for many years here. Can't wait to change it up!
I was the same way when I live in Oregon. I didn't know how unhappy I was until I moved here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredofraininwa View Post
We move there permanently next week. We're originally from the Seattle area and I hated it. We tried Reno and the winters are still too cold... we're heading down!
Just be prepared for the summer heat. If you understand the benefits of summer and how to take advantage of the heat rather than let the heat ruin the day, then you are going to love it here. Even if the summer heat is a bit too much for you, just remember how great the weather is the rest of the year here.
One other thing. You're going to need at least one extra bedroom for all your friends that will come to "visit" in the winter. Always in the winter. Rarely in the summer. Your friends want to get out of the rain and your place is a free hotel. Trust me on this. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezert Mtnz View Post
I'll be living vicariously through you Maverick, until I'm able to relocate. It all sounds so amazing! We are expecting some snow here tonight.
It is amazing. It's been almost three years now and it still kind of feels like I'm on vacation except I don't get that feeling that it's going to end because I have to go back home. It's a great feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkbiz View Post
So jealous! I'll be relocating out there in 2 mos. Can not wait! It was 29 in NY today (and they say it's Spring?)
80's again today and it never gets old like the weather in other places. I'm 54 and you wont find me ever moving to a colder region again. I'm one of the exceptions. I actually like the summers here better than the winters. The summers are wonderful if you understand what you can do with high temps.

Quote:

Wow! We had a dust storm and it lasted, what? An hour or so? I was in Florence when it hit and drove home in it. The media makes a HUGE deal out of these dust storms and most of them are nothing to worry about and only last an hour or so. The worst thing is it makes you car dusty and a bit of dust in the pool. No big deal to most people in the valley.
Of course, once in a great while we might get a big one that deserves our attention but mostly they are a non-event to the majority of people that live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Me too. See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat1105 View Post
Yes, we had enough snow to whiten my world again yesterday morning, and 12° this morning. I'm sitting here with my space heater going as I type this.
My heart goes out to you.
As I'm sitting here, it's still morning and it's in the 70's.
As they say, you don't have to shovel sunshine.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:56 PM

47 posts, read 125,963 times
I don't want to wish my life away, but I can't help hope that the next few years fly by so I can join all of you in telling others how great it is to live in the Phoenix area and experience all the great outdoor activities in the warm sunshine - all year long. And yes, I'll take the heat of summer over WI winters any day. It is supposed to reach 60 degrees here on Sunday, finally! The last time it was that warm was Halloween!

Old 03-26-2014, 09:08 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,865,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick974 View Post
There is no point to this thread other than to say "I LOVE LIVING HERE".

The weather where I'm from...
Intellicast - Florence Weather Report in Oregon (97439)

The weather where I now live.

Intellicast - Mesa Weather Report in Arizona (85206)

The morning sun is wonderful to wake up to.
It's going to be in the 80's for the foreseeable future.
My pool is heating up FOR FREE with my home made solar heaters. (currently 80 degrees). I'll take my first swim of the season later this week while my daughter is visiting from California.
The evenings are wonderful. Cool but not cold.
So much going on around here that I can't get to it all. I took in a spring training game last Thursday. Angels and Royals. My first spring training game and it was awesome. Even better than regular season games. I sat in the 3rd row just off third base. I could literally here what the guys in the dugout were talking about. BTW, Angels won handily.
My boat is ready to go and I think I'll be on Canyon Lake by the end of the week.
Been riding my motorcycle in perfect weather for weeks now. TAKE THAT, Pacific Northwest. HA!

To those of you suffering from the continuing lousy weather in so many areas of the country, all I can say is I feel your pain. I'm from the Oregon coast were the sunshine rarely shows itself except a few weeks in summer. I was absolutely miserable there for many years.
The forecast for the area I used to live is dismal as usual which makes my current life here in Arizona even more enjoyable.

I'm just sayin' that I'm so thankful to be here.

Have a wonderful day. I know I will.
I've lived in the Valley all my life and visited Florence during the summer a few years ago and couldn't believe how chilly it was on a sunny day in late summer. Then we went to the dunes at the beach and there was this fast moving cold fog that sat right over the water and I realized that this was about as different than the Sonoran as it gets. Really liked Oregon overall, one of the best states, but I'm not a cloudy day person so I'll visit again but couldn't hack living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area