Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 02:58 AM

35 posts, read 110,453 times

Advertisements

I didn't know the utility companies would give out a history of utilities paid for an address ... for some reason I thought that private information.

When I knew I was going to move to AZ, I started keeping a record of my utilities so buyers would have an idea of how much to budget

Thanks for your input
=====================

I know we're doing the apples to oranges ... but does a 1,200 brick and block single family home really cost $350 a month to cool? That really seems steep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 07:25 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junes_reston View Post
=====================

I know we're doing the apples to oranges ... but does a 1,200 brick and block single family home really cost $350 a month to cool? That really seems steep
I only ever had stucco when we lived in phx. One and rwo story homes ranging from 1500 to 3100 square feet. Highest electric bill EVER was $267.

The age of the equipment will affect the costs, too.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:51 PM

604 posts, read 934,567 times
Given the latest action by the EPA which will result in much higher electric bills I'd say "standby" for increases in your monthly costs!

Old 05-13-2016, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 496 times
Thumbs up Dreamland Villa

Looks like I'm a little late seeing your post and question about Dreamland Villa but I thought I'd reply anyhow. You state that the courts have declared that we have an HOA. That is not true, unfortunately, we lost the lawsuit and the court has declared that we are not an HOA. (There were apparently errors in how the Board of Directors went about getting signatures to establish the HOA.) As far as being a community divided, I would say that we are not. There were only a small number of people who filed the suit against the HOA and some no longer even live here.

The people who live in DV are wonderful and the homes, as you said, are very well built and they have larger lots than any of the other developments we've seen in this area. And, it is a 55+ community. We have all sorts of activities, indoor and outdoor, classes like fused glass and art classes, a woodshop, Pickleball courts, etc. We love the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junes_reston View Post
As I get closer to my retirement relocation to Mesa, AZ, my realtor suggested I check out these older single family homes in Dreamland Villa in Mesa.

After reading the website, newsletters, media stories and crime stats ... despite the HOA legal disputes, it has a lot going for it it .. things that are of interest to me. 55+ community, older, solidly built home; more home for the buck; low crime stats; readily accessible shopping, health care; reasonable distance from the airport ... to mention a few.

One thing of concern however is the past legal battles about HOA status ... and fees ... that pitted neighbor against neighbor. It is my understanding that the courts have ruled that Dreamland Villa is an HOA, and the legal battle appears to be over ... but older news reports said Dreamland Villa is still a community divided. Is there still a division or have the rifts been resolved?

A Northern VA semi-native, HOAs are the norm and all I've known. A 55+ community is very important to me, so I really have no problem joining an HOA to ensure that restriction is in place..

If anyone is familiar with Dreamland Villa - the pros and cons of the HOA, would you please share? Are there areas of the HOA that are less desirable than others? Thanks

Old 05-14-2016, 02:40 AM

1,220 posts, read 1,595,482 times
I 2nd Seizure world in almost AJ. OMG get out of here :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area