Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 04:20 PM

2,340 posts, read 2,663,943 times

Advertisements

I just mixed one with some coconut, but now I'm starting to not feel so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 06:55 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,084,528 times
The little key limes are always cheap at Food City. I find them juicier than the big limes anyhow. Avocados at my Walmart in Cottonwood were .58 a few days ago. Small but not too small. Fry's was getting a buck 29 for the larger ones. I eat one a day. That's too high.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:37 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
It's been harder than usual to get lemons, too. I usually get mine from a relative who has trees on his property in Tucson. His peak harvest is usually between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day. This season he had none. Zero. I tried to get them at the farmer's market and while they had oranges and grapefruit, the growers selling there also had no lemons. The grower I talked to said the winter of 2012/13 messed up his lemon trees. Winter this year (2013/14) was especially mild, so I hope that at least bodes well for local lemons this year. Personally I can live without limes (especially at what they cost now!) but lemons I NEED.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:38 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newporttom View Post
I just mixed one with some coconut, but now I'm starting to not feel so good.
Call us in the morning.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:46 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,221,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
It's been harder than usual to get lemons, too. I usually get mine from a relative who has trees on his property in Tucson. His peak harvest is usually between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day. This season he had none. Zero. I tried to get them at the farmer's market and while they had oranges and grapefruit, the growers selling there also had no lemons. The grower I talked to said the winter of 2012/13 messed up his lemon trees. Winter this year (2013/14) was especially mild, so I hope that at least bodes well for local lemons this year. Personally I can live without limes (especially at what they cost now!) but lemons I NEED.
My lemon tree has more baby lemons this year then I've ever seen in previous years. Hopefully it is the same all over and you can find your lemons next year.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:24 AM

271 posts, read 839,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
My lemon tree has more baby lemons this year then I've ever seen in previous years. Hopefully it is the same all over and you can find your lemons next year.
Same here with my Lisbon lemon. Zero last year, but my tree is covered this year.

With the lime shortage, now I wish I had planted a lime tree this spring. I've been wanting to buy a Bearss (I have Lisbon lemon, Ponderosa lemon, Meyer lemon, Valencia orange, blood orange, and grapefruit, but no lime tree). I wonder if it's too late to plant, or do I still have time before the summer heat?

Old 04-28-2014, 12:27 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Anyone else noticed the prices of limes lately? Holy cow, used to get them at Fry's 5 for a dollar and yesterday they were $.89 each and more expensive than lemons. Seems there is a shortage of them all of a sudden.

ElleTea, is it because of you and your "margs"?

I do love the availability of blackberries in Phoenix, I guess it is because of the proximity to Mexico? Blackberries are my favorite and were not widely available living in other parts of the country but they are all over the place here and relatively cheap.

One of the best things about the valley is the availability of produce.

I am holding all the limes for ransom and I'm not even in the Phoenix area.....hahahaha

Old 04-28-2014, 11:09 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,904,696 times
Quote:
I went in Walmart with my wife a couple days ago and seen avocados for $.25 each. I got eight of them and they were good avocados.
It's really rare to see them that cheap at my store. Usually .58 each. But we do a LOT of ad matching when the other stores have them cheap. My store has an excellent produce dept. and we ad match a lot of it.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:12 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,904,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
The price of lemons has taken a jump here. They were .25 each and now they are about .48 each. They ARE bigger but not enough to charge that much more, IMO.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:50 PM

2,340 posts, read 2,663,943 times
So I called the doctor (woke him up), and he tells me more lime in the coconut will make me feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area