Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 09:02 PM

4 posts, read 7,030 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am a NYC transplant moving to Scottsdale for work. My office is in Central Scottsdale on East Shea Blvd. I want to find a nice new luxury apartment, preferably one that opened in the past 3 years or so. I found Broadstone Lincoln (out of small one-bedrooms) and Jefferson at One Scottsdale (a tad far). I was wondering if anyone knows any other new luxury apartments in the Paradise Valley, Central Scottsdale or anywhere within a 5 mile radius? It's kinda hard searching online I figured i'd ask locals since you guys may drive by and see something I can't see browsing the internet.

FYI I'm in my twenties however I am not a party person, I'm more of a go to a nice dinner and exercise type. So condos in a quiet area that are still relatively close to restaurants and night life would be preferable.

Thanks all!
-Sue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 09:53 PM

768 posts, read 1,759,652 times
Currently, there are over 1500+ new apartment and condos being built in central/south Scottsdale...its an occupant's market SkySong adding restaurant, retail to Scottsdale campus

It blows my mind how many people are in the "process" of moving to the PHX Valley and haven't got a friggin' clue about the metro area - even after they read this forum (which by the way barely scratches the surface of what life is really life here!).

What are you people thinking?

Old 05-06-2014, 10:02 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,806,558 times
Moved here from Charlotte in Dec. of last year. Wasn't expecting a bed of roses, as no place is perfect...but have to admit it beats Charlotte, hands down.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:08 PM

I do know that there are a ton of apartments being built. however searching on the internet is really difficult to find apartments in Paradise Valley/Central Scottsdale area. It seems most of the new apartments are near the waterfront such as sky song apartments, optima, ten wine lofts. I have done my homework, this is not out of lazyness.

The only new apartments I have been able to find near paradise valley and central scottsdale are broadstone lincoln and jefferson at one scottsdale. Does anyone know of any others?? if so please list, it would be very helpful to me.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:44 PM

768 posts, read 1,759,652 times
Have you checked Padmapper.com? Useful meta-site for rentals. Also Phoenix Homes for Rent - Arizona Property Management & Investments

Old 05-08-2014, 04:21 PM

890 posts, read 2,279,763 times
Here is a list I grabbed from work of the newer properties in that area:

Camden Foothills (I think they start move-ins this fall)
Cactus 42 (almost done with construction, renting)
Aderra (2008)
Desert Parks Vista (2005)
Liv North Scottsdale (under construction, I think they are about to start pre-leasing)
Crescent Scottsdale Quarter (preleasing to begin this fall)

Old 05-10-2014, 04:07 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,265,438 times
I've posted this in another thread, but there are new condos under construction in downtown Scottsdale that should be finished next year, and are expected to bring hundreds of new residents. Otherwise, there are existing condos in downtown/Old Town Scottsdale near the Waterfront area which are upscale. You'd be within the hub of good shopping, restaurants, and nightlife ... although this is not really close to Shea Boulevard. Kierland might be another area to check out. It's further north (Phoenix/Scottsdale border), not too far from Shea, and tends to lure in a slightly older demographic ... but it would be in close proximity to good shopping & dining.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:38 PM

Thanks so much that was really helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fennec2009 View Post
Here is a list I grabbed from work of the newer properties in that area:

Camden Foothills (I think they start move-ins this fall)
Cactus 42 (almost done with construction, renting)
Aderra (2008)
Desert Parks Vista (2005)
Liv North Scottsdale (under construction, I think they are about to start pre-leasing)
Crescent Scottsdale Quarter (preleasing to begin this fall)

Old 05-15-2014, 10:50 PM

890 posts, read 2,279,763 times
No problem. Unfortunately there are not too many newer properties in that area. Lots of activity with new properties going in in the Tempe/South Scottsdale/Phoenix areas but the majority of options in N Scottsdale are older complexes. Mark Taylor is kind of the go-to company for luxury apartments in the area but they don't have many properties in the Scottsdale area. You could look at Dakota or The Regents which are the two closest Mark Taylor properties to your desired area, they have a resort feel but aren't super new builds.

I can tell you that I am really impressed with the Liv properties and their amenities/quality (they have several in the Phoenix area) so if you don't need something right away that is a great one to check out. They open this Fall according to their website.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:57 PM

I've added Cactus 42 to my list. Anyone know of any others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area