Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 07:51 AM

31 posts, read 63,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmTreesOnMyMind View Post
I'm new to the phoenix area, been out here about 2 months now. This is my first dust/rain storm I've experienced out here... And wow what a sight to see! The wind, rain, lightning was pretty awesome where I live in South Phx and it def reminded me of the Midwest where I came from.

Now let's see how the humidity will be tomorrow... Haha.
Thank goodness I'll be lounging by the pool with a cold beer in hand! ����

Be sure to tell me how the humidity is today. I'm in Michigan, about to move there this month. Did everything shut down during the storm? What is the area like the day after the storm? Does the dust affect vehicles?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 09:32 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Boy we had a micro burst right over our house which took down my palo brea tree in front. I hated that tree but it gave us some great shade. Landed right on top of the car lol. Not much damage, but what a freaking mess.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:57 AM

4 posts, read 5,954 times
here in downtown Glendale we had the dust then the rain, now a great summer morning.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:57 AM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times
Seemed to stay over Sun City for quite awhile. Very heavy rain. No damage in my area.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:04 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,224,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What a night! Out in the far west valley we got hammered by it all. Wind,dust,rain,wind,dust... Did I mention wind and dust? Lightening and thunder galore as well as a pretty decent rainfall.
Loved finally hearing heavy raindrops smacking the house, probably not going to like the mess the flying mud has left as evidence that MONSOON TIME IS HERE!
Now if we can just drop the high humidity that is thickly covering our area like a wet blanket right now all would be great.
Enjoyed your animated and descriptive post ...

Old 07-04-2014, 10:35 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
We were on the patio at Caramba when the wind kicked in. Before that I was enjoying watching the clouds roll in. We got inside just before the patio furniture got kicked all around. It rained, and now it stinks like wet dust outside

51% humidity and 66 dew point. Is this the humidity everyone keeps talking about? (it's not humid to me at all)

Old 07-04-2014, 10:52 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Congrats Surprise....looks like somewhere in your city you received 1.5 inches of rain.

RAINFALL TOTALS: How much rain did the Valley get July 3, 2014 - ABC15 Arizona

Old 07-04-2014, 11:00 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,224,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
We were on the patio at Caramba when the wind kicked in. Before that I was enjoying watching the clouds roll in. We got inside just before the patio furniture got kicked all around. It rained, and now it stinks like wet dust outside

51% humidity and 66 dew point. Is this the humidity everyone keeps talking about? (it's not humid to me at all)
Wait until it reaches 106 this afternoon with the humidity, then get back to us. This is normal from now until September so get used to that dust smell.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:08 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Wait until it reaches 106 this afternoon with the humidity, then get back to us. This is normal from now until September so get used to that dust smell.
What humidity?

100+ degree days with dew points and humidity much higher than currently here were the days I lived for back where I used to live. Love that feeling of walking into a saunam(while everyone else complained)! I will give my assessment when the season is over but I highly doubt it will be an issue for me. I know, I am weird.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:22 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
What humidity?

100+ degree days with dew points and humidity much higher than currently here were the days I lived for back where I used to live. Love that feeling of walking into a saunam(while everyone else complained)! I will give my assessment when the season is over but I highly doubt it will be an issue for me. I know, I am weird.
I have to say I've always felt the same about high humidity/dew point in that it never bothered me and I actually like it....as long as I'm not out working in it.

With that said, I much prefer the usually very dry desert air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area