Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2007, 11:26 AM

2 posts, read 5,096 times

Advertisements

I Would Like To Know Wich One Is The Most Diverse Neigborhood To Live .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 02:49 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,777,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by argie View Post
I Would Like To Know Wich One Is The Most Diverse Neigborhood To Live .
Argie, let me be the first to welcome your returning to Phoenix.

Now, please tell us where you plan to work because that will help to determine what areas will fit your needs. The valley is a very large area and the commute to work can be very long if you locate far from your job(s).

Next it's good to know if you will be renting or buying, and the price range you have in mind.

Also, please explain what you mean by diverse. Is it diverse culture, music, or racial mixes of people?

Bill

Old 12-19-2007, 08:07 PM

2 posts, read 5,096 times
I gonna be ranting, probably a will prefer to rent a 2 bedroom condo(from $700 to $950) not in the city but close maybe like a 20 to 30 minute drive .Im professional painter and a have lot of experience as a sales person and costumer sevice , im multilingual aswell (spanish-english-portuguese).Im planing to try to get a job at the airport.
Diverse in the sense of racial and cultural make up of the area.
I never been in phoenix before ,but me in my family are moving there on march.
We leaved in NYC before we move to the virgin Islands ,I cant go back there it gets too cold and its very expensive to leave there.I got use to the warm weather of the caribean and i want my daugther to grow up in a city with spanish flavor .( I cant stand MIami)
My friend told me the north side of phoenix is very nice ,my friend lives in Scottdale az.
Tempe seems more for young single people ,Scottdale seems not very diverse.....(I need more Info)
thanks Bill

Last edited by argie; 12-19-2007 at 08:18 PM..

Old 12-20-2007, 06:24 AM

Argie, the north part of Phoenix is nice and so is Scottsdale. They are also expensive, and while I'm not familiar with the rental market, it may be difficult to get a 2 bedroom condo for 950 in those areas.

As a realtor it is against the law for me to steer anyone to an area based on the ethnic make up of the area. That is because of anti-discrimination laws.

I can tell you that there is a very large Hispanic population in Phoenix and some of the surrounding cities.

Below is your criteria and there will be people on the forum that are non-realtors who can direct you to areas that should fit your criteria.
  • Rent 2br condo max $950
  • 20-30 min from airport (job) but not in city
  • Diverse racial/cultural mix
I've placed your criteria in that list type manner so it will be easier for people to see what you need and guide you to areas that may work for you.

There are real estate offices here that have Spanish speaking realtors that specialize in the Hispanic markets and they can help you locate rentals. It is no charge to you. You can find one, or several, and email them.

All you have to do is search the web for real estate companies in Phoenix and they will state if the speak Spanish.

There is no advertising allowed on the forum so we're not allowed to point you directly to a company, but they're easy to locate.

Good luck and welcome to Phoenix,

Bill

Old 12-20-2007, 01:37 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post

As a realtor it is against the law for me to steer anyone to an area based on the ethnic make up of the area. That is because of anti-discrimination laws.

Bill
I know realtors can't do this (I used to be one), but is it possible to take the realtor "hat" off to answer a post, or are you working as a realtor when you are posting? You are not anyone's realtor on this board (that I know of), so I would think you could answer this type of question.

First and foremost you are a person, then a realtor. As a person you can tell people whatever you want, but as a realtor you can't. Do you get what I'm saying?

Old 12-20-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
I know realtors can't do this (I used to be one), but is it possible to take the realtor "hat" off to answer a post, or are you working as a realtor when you are posting? You are not anyone's realtor on this board (that I know of), so I would think you could answer this type of question.

First and foremost you are a person, then a realtor. As a person you can tell people whatever you want, but as a realtor you can't. Do you get what I'm saying?
I understand what you're saying and I thought of that. However, the fact that I hold an active license could be construed as acting as a licensee when offering information, no matter where that information is offered.

So it's really best if some of the local non-licensees respond to the questions.

Bill

Old 12-20-2007, 02:36 PM

849 posts, read 3,527,704 times
Default google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
Argie, the north part of Phoenix is nice and so is Scottsdale. They are also expensive, and while I'm not familiar with the rental market, it may be difficult to get a 2 bedroom condo for 950 in those areas.

I can tell you that there is a very large Hispanic population in Phoenix and some of the surrounding cities.

Below is your criteria and there will be people on the forum that are non-realtors who can direct you to areas that should fit your criteria.
  • Rent 2br condo max $950
  • 20-30 min from airport (job) but not in city
  • Diverse racial/cultural mix
I've placed your criteria in that list type manner so it will be easier for people to see what you need and guide you to areas that may work for you.

There are real estate offices here that have Spanish speaking realtors that specialize in the Hispanic markets and they can help you locate rentals. It is no charge to you. You can find one, or several, and email them.

All you have to do is search the web for real estate companies in Phoenix and they will state if the speak Spanish.

There is no advertising allowed on the forum so we're not allowed to point you directly to a company, but they're easy to locate.

Good luck and welcome to Phoenix,

Bill

He can Google "apartments in Phoenix" and it should link to some of the magazine type apartment guides. Unless he needs 3+ bedrooms, he should find something in his price even if it's an older building. Once you figure out what the amenities sections are saying about theaters, fitness center etc. you can get an idea of the target market. The complexes aren't allowed to give demographic info either. We've landed in a couple of basically nice places (not PHX) but that had become popular with students and sometimes the thumping bass coming thru thin walls kinda got to us ya know? That sounds worse than being right in front of the amps. The kiddies took umbrage that we actually needed to sleep and get up for work. Management tells you to call the "courtesy officer" aka: off duty cop, but who want to do that to a kid who's just being what he is - 19?
So my advice is if you are going to rent and can't make an exploratory trip, rent something for 6 mos., grit your teeth if it's not up to expectations and spend weekends looking at areas and talking to people. Teh time will pass quickly.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:29 PM

20 posts, read 112,135 times
hello argie, my fiancee is from st. croix and there is a small community of people from the virgin islands in the Phoenix area.

if you're looking for diversity and convenience, south phoenix and tempe are your best bets. tempe has better shopping malls, schools and apartments, but south phoenix has a lot of potential (retail, homes) and you'll see more african americans there.

You should visit caaam.org for all things Carribean in the Phoenix area! The Website needs to be updated but I'm sure you'll be able to make some contacts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area