Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 02:10 PM

2 posts, read 12,494 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are relocating back to Arizona here in a couple of months and we have decided on the Litchfield Park area. I recently saw that the water rates have skyrocketed. We have found a 4,000 square foot house with a front and back yard, pool and jacuzzi that we love. Any comments as to what we would be looking at for water bill, AC, gas, ect. I lived in North Phoenix for most of my youth but I love the bigger lot sizes in Litchfield Park. However, if the water bill is going to break us I feel we should just stick with the North Phoenix/Scottsdale area. Any comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 07:45 PM

2,617 posts, read 2,299,062 times
I can't comment on the house as that is bigger than ours and all houses are made very differently. A two story house will obviously sky rocket the electric cost for the AC to cool in the heat. I have a drip system for 16 bushes in the front yard and a 10 k pool. No grass to water. Our pool is not heated. If yours is, that will use a lot of electricity or gas depending on heat source. Your jacuzzi will definitely be heated and some people say that can be an energy hog but I have no experience with that. My water bill runs between $55-75 here. My gas bill this summer has been running $25 which heats our hot water.

Hope someone else can chime in with more help. I think water is very cheap here. The cost of the water to drain and refill my pool in February was $35. We have Liberty Utilities in my community here.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:02 PM

200 posts, read 409,130 times
Obviously your rate will differ on how much water you use....call the water provider and see what the charges are per 1000 gallons. I believe that is what most providers base it on. There is also a standard or initial rate that some do also.
I live in the east valley on an acre with pool, grass, and kids that take lots of showers and my summer monthly water bill is around 100 to 125

Old 07-24-2014, 08:32 PM

2 posts, read 12,494 times
Awesome. Thank you so much for the respone. Does anyone have any input on the increase in water rates for that area?

Old 07-24-2014, 09:19 PM

550 posts, read 1,116,409 times
It depends how much you use. And the rates have skyrocketed this year. Almost double than what they were last year. My water bill this month was 300$ but we have a huge yard with lots of plants. I don't think that the size of the house makes a difference. You are not going to take more showers because your house is bigger or wash more dishes or laundry. We don't have grass, pool or spa. But a HUGE yard and LOTS of plants.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:36 AM

38,945 posts, read 50,850,868 times
There are hundreds of water companies in AZ and in LP area you could have one of several that operate there. So, find out your provider and check their rates. Be advised though, that it's not just the water. Sewer fees are usually the same or slightly more than the water cost and have a higher base fee. So if you use 10,000 gallons of water, it will cost you 40 bucks and the sewer might run another 50. On top of that, the "water bill" often includes trash and garbage service for another 30 or so a month.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:39 AM

38,945 posts, read 50,850,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
It depends how much you use. And the rates have skyrocketed this year. Almost double than what they were last year. My water bill this month was 300$ but we have a huge yard with lots of plants. I don't think that the size of the house makes a difference. You are not going to take more showers because your house is bigger or wash more dishes or laundry. We don't have grass, pool or spa. But a HUGE yard and LOTS of plants.
The rate increases depend on where you live. I don't think ours went up much. Also, many of the areas where they have gone up have been getting water a lot cheaper than is the norm, so in some cases they are just getting the same treatment that the rest of us get. Water rates in almost every case, too, are graduated so that low uses pay less per unit. The rate increases per thousand gallons if you use more - a lot.

My main beef is the sewer charges. They are often based on what one uses in winter. If you have a large lot or have a leak or something, your sewer charge will go off the chart. You can appeal and they will lower it, but it's a stealth charge and many people are unaware of how they come up with it or what to do if it is out of line.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:34 PM

942 posts, read 2,505,470 times
We live in Goodyear, north of I-10, so it's possible the water company is the same as ours. We have grass, I fill a roman tub nightly, and water many plants and our bill for water/sewer ranges from $85-95. Our electric for an almost 3,000 sq ft house ranges from well below $100 to $450 (August only). I would say most of summer is in the $300s. Gas is minimal--always below $50.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:28 PM

6 posts, read 12,012 times
I currently live in Litchfield Park, Dreaming Summit to be frank. I have a 2200 sq foot home that is two stories. My water bills is usually around 60 to 80 dollars (Liberty water co.). I have a drip system in my front and back yard.I run it twice daily for about 15 minutes. Long showers as well. My sister and her Boyfriend live with me as well and they take like 30 minute showers. Its awful! My electricity bill during the summer is around 300 to 400, drops to 40 to 60 during the cool months. Southwest Gas goes up in winter, gas heated and gas water heater. Highest its been is about 140 for gas in winter. Summers like 35. Hope that helps.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,552 times
consumption charges
5000 gal 7.5 cents a gallon
14000 gal 19.5 a gallon
10000 gal 29.5 cents a gal....
who knows how much when you use more....
I just had a leak in sprinkler system, and said I used 59000 gal...looks like I will have to loan the national debt.
This is a Canadian company with no control on their prices...
I am not happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area