Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 11:15 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,892,783 times

Advertisements

I've heard people use the "Save a couple trees" thing but let's be serious, even if you do get removed from the list, it's not like X company is going to print 999,000 instead of 1,000,000 of these or whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 11:42 PM

681 posts, read 1,554,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
I've heard people use the "Save a couple trees" thing but let's be serious, even if you do get removed from the list, it's not like X company is going to print 999,000 instead of 1,000,000 of these or whatever.
Yea - I don't really mean it....it's more about keeping my mailbox from overflowing in my absence and having my "real" mail returned to sender. Although...I'm the OCD person who recycles the roll from inside the toilet paper. Now if everyone did this....that might add up to a small grove of trees.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:03 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,163,131 times
While I don't mind getting the buyers edge, I enjoy the supermarket fliers, I can't stand driving down my street and seeing all the houses that don't pick up the West Valley View that is delivered every tuesday and friday. They build up and end up getting blown all over the neighborhood.

I've made it a hobby to pick up my lazy neighbors (the one with the 165lb Great Dane that barks non stop) and place it under his windshield wiper of his work truck which he parks in front of my house. I think he's to the point of thinking that is how they deliver the paper as he doesn't miss a beat twice a week when he finds it there.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:37 AM

397 posts, read 656,172 times
From USA.gov: USA.gov: The U.S. Government's Official Web Portal

Please note: Opting out will not end solicitations from all local merchants, religious and charitable associations, professional and alumni associations, politicians, and companies with which you conduct business.

You're stuck getting local merchant junk mail whether you like it or not.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:02 AM

2,769 posts, read 5,685,963 times
Buyer's edge:
Contact Us -*Republic Media

RedPlum:
https://www.redplum.com/tools/redplu...addremove.html

I've done them both and been successful ........ until I wasn't and they started again

Old 08-08-2014, 02:45 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,245,577 times
Personally, I'm part of the 3% that actually leafs through it and clips coupons I can use. I'm on a strict budget, so I'm happy to have discounts. I wish I were rich enough that I saving a couple of bucks didn't mean anything to me ... but it does.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:11 AM

8,222 posts, read 8,545,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Personally, I'm part of the 3% that actually leafs through it and clips coupons I can use. I'm on a strict budget, so I'm happy to have discounts. I wish I were rich enough that I saving a couple of bucks didn't mean anything to me ... but it does.
I'm with you. I cut an occasional coupon, see what is on sale, and the rest goes to recycling. The grocery ads help when I am making my list (especially on first Wednesday).

Old 08-08-2014, 08:25 AM

3,816 posts, read 9,405,615 times
The company that collates and prepares the Buyer's Edge for the post office is a client of mine. I like it when they send out a lot of ads, wish they could figure out how to send more. Make a few bucks off of each pallet that heads to the post office, so I have a small personal stake in this.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:06 AM

6,401 posts, read 8,922,993 times
I used to deliver mail, on a part-time basis, at a Post Office out here. Delivering Buyer's Edge and RedPlum is what carriers dreaded most. They add so much time to the route each day and so many people leave them on top of the CBU or just throw them on the ground. I know people hate them but why litter? When I had recycling, I would toss it in the recycling. Now I just throw them away. An irony, though, is that Buyer's Edge and other junk mailings actually help keep the Post Office afloat. So much so, that failure to deliver junk mail is one of the few things that can actually get a carrier fired. Heard a funny story about a carrier in Tempe that was caught dumping his Buyer's Edge and RedPlum in a restaurant dumpster. Canned. I understand the frustration but at the end of the day, someone has paid for them to be delivered.

The RedPlum you can get yourself removed from by contacting them. There are many homes that do not get RedPlum. Buyers Edge goes to everyone. Someone provided a link in an earlier post to get removed from Buyers Edge. I followed the link last night and will see if it works.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:31 PM

268 posts, read 428,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfyycCold View Post
Yea - I don't really mean it....it's more about keeping my mailbox from overflowing in my absence and having my "real" mail returned to sender. Although...I'm the OCD person who recycles the roll from inside the toilet paper. Now if everyone did this....that might add up to a small grove of trees.
I recycle everything as well. Maybe we're up to half a tree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area