Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 10:07 PM

172 posts, read 391,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmomom View Post
It's great to read all the information from those living in QC. My husband and I are also considering moving into the area sometime in December. I am excited, and have loved my visit to the town. It seems like a very nice area. I have been reading a few things regarding the Mormon population, and became just a little worried. I have a friend who is Mormon and she is great. I never feel judged with her. I don't have a problem with anyone and their religious preference. Too me, it's not my business. Although I don't enjoy others judging me for my preferences. I don't worry about myself and my husband so much, but definitely don't want my kiddos to feel as though they don't fit in or are "unwanted". We are considering moving into the Fulton home area, which seems filled with lovely families. Anyone living there themselves? Any advice on where I should enroll my kiddos (2nd and 7th grade) would be greatly appreciated also!

Hi @jmomom! Which Fulton Homes development are you looking at? Ashcreek or Victoria Estates? We are in the QCUSD system, and have really enjoyed our time with them, so I heartily recommend giving your neighborhood's school a chance. Are coming from another state?

I know the concerns you voiced are common (and I shared them at one time), so allow me to make a blanket statement to all reading this thread in the future: Please don't let concerns about religious exclusion keep you from coming to, and enjoying, the greater East Valley area. You may not ever experience a "judgy" religious person here (Mormon or otherwise). But, if you do, you can copy what I have done: just mark them off your potential-friends-list and move on. Their loss. And then be intentional about seeking out friends with common interests. There are plenty of people here; you needn't worry about you or your children being lonely outsiders for long. I am super happy with our decision to move here and I have no doubt you will be, too! (And I even count some LDS ladies as my friends, now.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 11:23 PM

1 posts, read 952 times
There are people of ALL religions that judge others just like some of you are judging "Mormons" under one big blanket. I read some pretty offensive remarks that the writer clearly doesn't know what they are talking about. One reason they may stick together is because THEY don't feel accepted outside their church. Nobody is perfect and you will find that in all faiths. You would be lucky to live next door to a mormon family that is living their religon. They are taught to be good neighbors and to serve others. Just something to think about.....

Old 01-05-2016, 05:22 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
We have Mormon families on either side of us and they have been great neighbors. However, keep in mind Mormons are to date and marry within their faith so that can be a problem for your kids when they start dating in an area that is overwhelmingly Mormon such as Utah and maybe some neighborhoods in Gilbert. I personally don't think I would want my kids as teenagers in an area that was heavily Mormon only for that reason.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:07 AM

483 posts, read 665,562 times
We attend Mountain View, which is a large non-denominational church in Queen Creek. As far as I can tell, it's not a Mormon temple, but I'll have to pay closer attention next Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area