Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 678 times

Advertisements

Mr. P
we are a previous 25 year customers of cox and had their complete bundle service. We experianced nothing but problems with their old and new contor recorder boxes. Their service was slow and we had to sometimes wait days for a service rep.during the last 2 years we had our cox recorder boxes changed over 6 times and after threating to leave they installed their new contour tv recorder which was no better and failed twice in the first month after they promoted it as the latest and greatest. They had to continue changig the box remember every time the change is made you lose all your recordings. We were totally disatisfied with cox,s new contour tv and the last straw in january was another $20.00 increase to $208 for our bundle package. When they refused to make an adjustment we called visited centurylink in arrowhead mall and transferred to them with the same bundle package as cox saving $40 per month. We have a recorder on 4 tv,s with cox only on 2, more high definationchannels, clearer reception excellent service with the problems requiring service during normal start up they were the same day if they could notcorrect them on the phone.technitions were knowledgable and prompt. The user friendly remotes are fabulous with instant responce. Plus prismtv has many more features than cox including one more premium channel. We are also totally satisfied with a quicker responce on the internet and we also save $5.oo a month on our verizon cell bill and century link bills us. One bill for everything home, mobile phone, internet, and excellent tv at a big savings. Unless ce nturylink makes some major negative changes we will never leave them. Their product and service is excellent! We advise everyone to check them out and take advantage of their trial period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 12:07 PM

975 posts, read 1,397,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I've used Cox for internet only for many years now and I've had nothing but a very reliable connection from them. They also deliver above and beyond the advertised speed I pay for. The few times I've needed customer service, they were great to deal with. They didn't rush me off the phone and did whatever it took to address the problem at hand.
That's my feeling about Cox. Their customer service has always been good and they truly seemed to care about addressing any issues. Everyone always complains about their cable company but I'm glad that the Valley is served Cox as opposed to Comcast or Time Warner (from what I've heard about them).

However, Century Link isn't a bad option either. I've had some wonderful (and helpful) reps at Century Link as well. Century Link's technical reps are (or were when I had them) in India versus Cox's stateside technical reps.

Cox will give you higher speeds (not that you necessarily need them) but Century Link will give you better deals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 09:46 AM

9,479 posts, read 12,240,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztonyg View Post
That's my feeling about Cox. Their customer service has always been good and they truly seemed to care about addressing any issues. Everyone always complains about their cable company but I'm glad that the Valley is served Cox as opposed to Comcast or Time Warner (from what I've heard about them).

However, Century Link isn't a bad option either. I've had some wonderful (and helpful) reps at Century Link as well. Century Link's technical reps are (or were when I had them) in India versus Cox's stateside technical reps.

Cox will give you higher speeds (not that you necessarily need them) but Century Link will give you better deals.
Cox reps might be nice and friendly and "seem to care" but they have NO idea what they are doing. NONE. I am done with them after a mere 1 year and 4 months. It is all I can take!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: