Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 09:44 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Inside 3 of Arizona's priciest Super Bowl rentals

https://www.eventhomes.com/browse?event=2015+Super+Bowl

I wonder how many of those west side home like in Tollison are going to get 1500 a night? Most of the high rollers will want to go to Scottsdale just like last time. Reality is people willing to travel to another city to see the super bowl have enough dough to rent in high end of town.
You don't understand many a good portion of people with $$'s. There is subset of people that are wealthy and are frugal. Go on travelocity.com and see what a commodity hotel rents for in Surprise. Answer: $390 a might for a crackerjack room. That's IF they are not sold out.

I'm not saying that a lot of these people are going to rent their home. I may not rent mine either. What I am saying is I sell to extremely wealthy people day in and day out. Most care what they spend and are searching for a deal. My multimillionaire customers are watching their $$'s. Yes, other's spend like mad too. And yes, they want nice accommodations and that 3 BR tan stucco house probably won't rent at all and it's wishful thinking.

Now there is yet another group that are loyal fans that make a couple hundred grand a year and are NOT going to spend 2X the money or $3K a night in Scottsdale. Sold out hotel rooms charging $400 a night in Surprise is my proof and they are all here to go to the Superbowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 10:25 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Hope it works out I just wouldn't want people in my home guess be different if I had a rental home that was vacant.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Hope it works out I just wouldn't want people in my home guess be different if I had a rental home that was vacant.
In our situation, our home was already "rental friendly". I already have contracts, narrated youtube videos of how to work things work in the house. I don't have to re-key as I have automated keypads to upload codes, thermostats that tell me if someone has a heat setpoint too high or too low, several locked off closets for personal items, 2nd set of master bedding for guests, etc. This is our 2nd home so we don't have any clutter, no other rooms of items in the closets, etc. As importantly, We have 6 bedrooms and one one them will be locked off with items (as was done when we rented by the week before). That 6th locked off bedroom is for items I don't care to share including my $5500 massage chair, overpriced speakers, etc.

But certainly part of the trick is to educate people that this is already "rental friendly". Meaning no personal items will be seen. I certainly would never spend big $$'s on a rental house with someones underwear in a drawer, personal pictures on the wall, etc nor would I rent out my place if they were there for people to rummage though.

If predict I would have started a year ago, I would have rented it. But now, I'm tossed a Hail Mary three weeks ago. The jury is out and I have my doubts. If it rents, I still have a solid day or organizing. Someone who has kids and their only house would have a massive amount of items to stash. Impossible.

Old 01-05-2015, 02:10 AM

267 posts, read 692,877 times
Interesting FAQ on NFL.com makes it sound like a lot of tickets won't be allocated until the conference championships are played:

"The demand for tickets to the Super Bowl greatly exceeds the supply. The majority of tickets are allotted to the two participating teams, and to a lesser extent through each of the other NFL teams. Remaining tickets for the general public are made available through a random drawing. There is no other means for the general public to purchase tickets. The NFL does not sell tickets to travel or ticket agents."

Old 01-06-2015, 11:28 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgscpat View Post
Interesting FAQ on NFL.com makes it sound like a lot of tickets won't be allocated until the conference championships are played:

"The demand for tickets to the Super Bowl greatly exceeds the supply. The majority of tickets are allotted to the two participating teams, and to a lesser extent through each of the other NFL teams. Remaining tickets for the general public are made available through a random drawing. There is no other means for the general public to purchase tickets. The NFL does not sell tickets to travel or ticket agents."
The teams that are left are pretty popular. A Dallas/Greenbay vs Denver/New England game will set records. I should have rented my house out but it is way too late.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:34 AM

267 posts, read 692,877 times
So, now that it's New England-Seattle, I wonder if some last-minute rental deals are happening?

Old 01-19-2015, 10:02 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
The teams that are left are pretty popular. A Dallas/Greenbay vs Denver/New England game will set records. I should have rented my house out but it is way too late.
The game would be a sellout no matter who played. It's not a fan event; it's a rich person's event and normal incomes can't afford the hotels or the tickets. Everyone who is anyone is going to be at the parties. Not only is there a SB, the pro bowl is here too and so is the golf tourney with Tiger Woods. Madness will reign. It may not be too late.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:21 AM

I've been getting inquiries now. But they want to cherry pick 2 days total. It's not worth $2K and all of the hassle. For ME, it's going to take $4K. Have it for a week @$4K. But not even a day for $2K. I have a good days worth of stashing and locking off personal stuff. My AZ place is a 2nd home. God forbid if it is my 1st home.

I'm not so sure this is a rich man only event. Lot's of passionate fans with a buck in their pocket that just want to fly in for the experience / parties etc. So if it doesn't rent (that's my current guess) I will stay in town and party with everyone else.

I suspect your best money was starting to rent a year ago. That's just a hunch.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:27 AM

3,819 posts, read 11,941,658 times
MN where did you list? We decided to give it a try too and listed on VRBO and EventHomes.com but even though it say it's live, it doesn't come up in the searches. Kind of frustrating because it wasn't cheap to list this.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:30 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times
I am jealous you live in Arizona, GO PATS... enjoy your Super Bowl weekend. I was at the Super Bowl in Indy a few years back, one of the best experiences of my life it was awesome. GO PATS.. THE DRIVE FOR 4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area