Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 05:47 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,935,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterDude View Post
I saw an Audi R8 in traffic yesterday. I'm mad that I don't have one. Is this where I post about that?
It's the right place to post about how you flipped them off, or started tailgating them aggressively to get back at them for having a nicer car than you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 06:45 PM

480 posts, read 845,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
It's the right place to post about how you flipped them off, or started tailgating them aggressively to get back at them for having a nicer car than you do.
Darnit, okay..

Old 01-15-2015, 07:20 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,743,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Why? If the nervous slowpokes are gone, who will they tailgate? If people respect the purpose of each lane, traffic will flow and there will be no cause for aggression at all.

I would far rather be in the car with a confident driver that drives with purpose rather than a nervous, apprehensive driver.
I get it. Eliminate the people who are not comfortable driving 15-30 miles over the speed limit to accommodate the jerks who think it is their birthright to do so.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:39 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,842 times
Yeah Phoenix has bad road rage. There's a reason car insurance soars upon moving there. I became an aggressive driver after living there. My theory is there is no weather so people driving excessively fast as it poses no threat to themselves and that's the norm. Also you have a melting pot of people from all over bringing their own driving style. Plus half the year you have the out of staters who either clog up the roadways or make fools of themselves.

I wasn't too sad to be done with Phoenix driving as I had to use my defensive driving skills far more than I ever have anywhere else. I know of at least three times I spared my life by preventing catastrophic accidents. Still don't know how after 6.5 years of living there how I never got into an accident.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:47 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
I get it. Eliminate the people who are not comfortable driving 15-30 miles over the speed limit to accommodate the jerks who think it is their birthright to do so.
Nope. You can go as slow as your driving ability limits you to go. Just stay out of the left side of the highway, actually go when you have the right of way, and merge onto the highway at a speed that safely matches the flow of traffic. I have no problem with slow drivers; as long as they don't cause congestion by impeding the more confident drivers.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:08 PM

518 posts, read 872,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
Yeah Phoenix has bad road rage. There's a reason car insurance soars upon moving there. I became an aggressive driver after living there. My theory is there is no weather so people driving excessively fast as it poses no threat to themselves and that's the norm. Also you have a melting pot of people from all over bringing their own driving style. Plus half the year you have the out of staters who either clog up the roadways or make fools of themselves.

I wasn't too sad to be done with Phoenix driving as I had to use my defensive driving skills far more than I ever have anywhere else. I know of at least three times I spared my life by preventing catastrophic accidents. Still don't know how after 6.5 years of living there how I never got into an accident.
I found car insurance to be very reasonable here.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:20 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,743,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Nope. You can go as slow as your driving ability limits you to go. Just stay out of the left side of the highway, actually go when you have the right of way, and merge onto the highway at a speed that safely matches the flow of traffic. I have no problem with slow drivers; as long as they don't cause congestion by impeding the more confident drivers.
My driving ability is just fine, thank you very much. I choose not to drive at ridiculous speeds because it's dangerous, selfish and pointless. You seem to confuse confident with stupid.

Last edited by pbenjamin; 01-15-2015 at 10:29 PM..

Old 01-15-2015, 11:41 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
There's a reason car insurance soars upon moving there.
As compared to....????

I agree with another comment made in this thread....I've found our car insurance rates to be very reasonable here in the Phoenix metro using a major insurer and certainly didn't "soar" upon moving here. Not sure what your loss/claim history is, what you drive, what your deductibles are, how much you shopped around for rates with decent insurers, if you have multiple insurance lines with 1 insurer, etc. which of course all impact what we pay and can vary widely.

Last edited by stevek64; 01-16-2015 at 12:49 AM..

Old 01-16-2015, 07:36 AM

19 posts, read 49,497 times
Look at Germany? Don't they have disastrous fatality rates on the autobahns?
I don't appreciate tailgaters. I don't like driving over the speed limit. If it's 35, why should I feel forced to drive 50? Merging onto the freeway at over 50 mph? You've got to be kidding.
I don't drive slow in left lane but I obey traffic safety laws as much as possible and respect drivers around me. If someone is going slow, I'll pass him or her on the left without flipping the bird, honking, or tailgating. My insurance rate is low for being a good driver and I'd like to keep it that way.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:40 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PallasAthena_79 View Post
Look at Germany? Don't they have disastrous fatality rates on the autobahns?
I don't appreciate tailgaters. I don't like driving over the speed limit. If it's 35, why should I feel forced to drive 50? Merging onto the freeway at over 50 mph? You've got to be kidding.
I don't drive slow in left lane but I obey traffic safety laws as much as possible and respect drivers around me. If someone is going slow, I'll pass him or her on the left without flipping the bird, honking, or tailgating. My insurance rate is low for being a good driver and I'd like to keep it that way.
Did you just try to make a case for merging into 65+ mph traffic going less than 50 mph??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area