Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 01:11 PM

8,028 posts, read 12,200,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
On Thursday, the rain KILLED the crowds. Those poor people spending HUNDREDS to watch the outdoor concert. On Thursday, there was only a 2 minute wait at Yard House. All of the other spots were at about 5% capacity. I felt sorry for those businesses. BUt downtown was pretty busy. Other than the private parties, the bars were DEAD.

I wish the weather was better for the fans flying in.
Good grief! Why are so many people complaining about the weather? The weather we're having now is GREAT: a little cloudy with showers, and not too cold or too warm. So what if it's not sunny all the time? The sunshine day after day after day here can be about as monotonous as the daily cloudy/drizzly weather in Seattle. Besides, rain this time of year is perfectly normal. My only complaint is that we didn't get the big soaking rain the NWS was originally forecasting ... but then again, they hardly ever get anything right when it comes to precipitation outlooks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 01:16 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,907,359 times
Because people come here to get away from overcast and rainy days. Luckily tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful sunny day with 70 degrees.

Old 01-31-2015, 01:32 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,435,326 times
For us personally? We stay away from it all because we don't like dealing with the large crowds/parking/traffic. Been there/done that enough. We have an off-season mentality and visit places like Las Vegas, national parks, Disneyland, etc when the crowds are low. Plus we aren't sports people.

With that said, I hope the event is a great success for local businesses. Spend freely people....and have fun!

Old 01-31-2015, 01:34 PM

8,028 posts, read 12,200,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Because people come here to get away from overcast and rainy days. Luckily tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful sunny day with 70 degrees.
I know what you mean, but we can't always be sunny & warm ... it's so monotonous, and besides, we have to have SOME rain. All I know is I like it when it rains here: washes out all the pollution, dust, and crap in the air, and I don't have to water as much, which saves on my bills. It is kind of amusing (yet annoying) to hear all these sun freaks bellyache about a few cloudy/rainy days here. I figure that they're the pathetic whiners, and our weather right now is a lot better than what they're getting back east. At least we don't have to shovel rain!

Old 01-31-2015, 02:22 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,180,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Yep, I love the atmosphere of it all. I love the national attention Phoenix is getting, seeing it as backdrops to pretty much any live sport taping and that the area is being advertised to the rest of the country. We went to the Verizon Super Bowl Central and it was great, loved all the people walking around...sat on the patio of one of the restaurants (Fuego Cityscape) and people watched while eating, again great atmosphere. And of course we rented out our house which was a nice cash bonus.
"Of course" you rent out your house? That makes it sound like everyone does it, do a lot of people rent out their primary home to strangers to party in? I could see if we had a vacation home or second home but would never consider renting out my primary home to a bunch of idiots.

Have you done this in the past, every any problems doing this? Where do you stay while they are puking in your master bedroom?

Old 01-31-2015, 02:37 PM

9,682 posts, read 11,073,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Good grief! Why are so many people complaining about the weather? The weather we're having now is GREAT: a little cloudy with showers, and not too cold or too warm.
Your kidding right. Survey the million people that are coming to town and see what they think about the rain and clouds. If you honestly think the weather is "GREAT " for their vacation, then I am speechless.

Yes we need rain. And I don't mind the rain at all. That doesn't change the fact that it would have been nice to have some sunshine for the visitors and the retailers that took it in the chin because of the rain.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:41 PM

Yeah, the weather is a black eye on an otherwise great week for Arizona. I'll bet there are a ton of people who didn't pack for this weather and I'll bet there are very few who traveled here that are happy with the weather we're having.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:45 PM

9,189 posts, read 16,577,748 times
Tiger didn't seem to enjoy the weather!

Old 01-31-2015, 02:46 PM

9,682 posts, read 11,073,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
"Of course" you rent out your house? That makes it sound like everyone does it, do a lot of people rent out their primary home to strangers to party in? I could see if we had a vacation home or second home but would never consider renting out my primary home to a bunch of idiots.

Have you done this in the past, every any problems doing this? Where do you stay while they are puking in your master bedroom?
He meant "of course" as in he appreciated the $4500 windfall (he has said it in another thread and he was just was acknowledging that he was repeating himself). To assume someone is going to be "puking" in his master is kind of a stretch. Their group simply wanted to stay in a nice spot and had the funds to pay for it. There is no reason to assume the worst.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
He meant "of course" as in he appreciated the $4500 windfall (he has said it in another thread and he was just was acknowledging that he was repeating himself). To assume someone is going to be "puking" in his master is kind of a stretch. Their group simply wanted to stay in a nice spot and had the funds to pay for it. There is no reason to assume the worst.
Lol, if it is my house I'll be assuming the worst every time and is the reason I'd never do it.

I hope it works out and he doesn't find any used condoms under the covers when he gets home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area