Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 07:10 PM

2,618 posts, read 2,312,089 times

Advertisements

Talked to my neighbor. He said he'd look at it and the wet spot on his side is much smaller than the one on mine. His spots is baked in sun all day, and mine isn't. I hope he wasn't insinuating that the leak is on my side.

My Med Fan Palm just produced this this week. Never had this last year that I noticed. Seed pods? Can I prune them off before they fall and go all over?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 07:39 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,433,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
Talked to my neighbor. He said he'd look at it and the wet spot on his side is much smaller than the one on mine. His spots is baked in sun all day, and mine isn't. I hope he wasn't insinuating that the leak is on my side.

My Med Fan Palm just produced this this week. Never had this last year that I noticed. Seed pods? Can I prune them off before they fall and go all over?
yep, they are the start of seeds/dates. I always left them on the one's I grew as they weren't near any patio/places I was concerned about when they dropped. Birds might get them first anyways. Whatever works for you.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:12 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,456,959 times
If you want to see some drop dead amazing gardens/flowers I would highly suggest going to the Camelback inn for a drink or for lunch. Their flowerbeds are stunning.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:38 PM

Well I think my neighbor fixed his sprinkler. Stain is still on the wall but no longer wet. How do I go about removing the stain and salt deposit?

Old 04-03-2016, 08:54 PM

44,566 posts, read 61,338,989 times
This web site should help.
How to Get Rid of White Alkaline on Cinder Block Walls | Home Guides | SF Gate

Old 04-05-2016, 12:36 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,022,260 times
I'd cut the flower/seed heads off. I had a tall Mex fan palm that left seeds all over the place. Now they're sprouting around my yard like weeds. I'll never plant one of those palms again.

Old 04-06-2016, 11:34 PM

19 posts, read 15,229 times
Since it's Spring already, I think this would be a great way to start gardening again!

Old 04-07-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryOwen View Post
Since it's Spring already, I think this would be a great way to start gardening again!
Many veggies should have been planted already. If not, the May heat will kill many of them. I should have some cherry tomatoes and early girl tomatoes ready in the next few weeks.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:04 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,022,260 times
lewdog, I agree. BTW (you probably know this), cherry tomatoes are easier to grow here than the big ones because they can take a wider range of temperatures than the big tomatoes can. And personally, they're easier to eat.

Try that yellow cherry tomato; I think it's called Sun Sugar. Very tasty.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
lewdog, I agree. BTW (you probably know this), cherry tomatoes are easier to grow here than the big ones because they can take a wider range of temperatures than the big tomatoes can. And personally, they're easier to eat.

Try that yellow cherry tomato; I think it's called Sun Sugar. Very tasty.
I planted another cherry tomato plant this year (had one last year) in late January and the thing is huge again! Already over 5ft tall and tons of cherry tomatoes coming in. I think it was the super sweet 100 cherry tomato plant. That plant produced so much last year and you're right, it can be planted earlier and produces later than most other varieties. Problem is, it grows so fast and always take up way more space in the garden than I plan for! I have never tried the yellow cherry tomato but that sounds awesome. I'll look for it next year. I have a Phoenix Tomato plant that lagged a bit but that has about 8 good sized tomatoes that should be ready in the next few weeks. I planted an early girl a bit later and it's got a handful of small tomatoes finally taking shape. It's planted in a simple 5 gallon shop bucket with a dripper placed to it. Cheap and easy!

I rigged a tripod support for some green beans that are taking shape now too. All of this is new for me but it's looking like most things are taking shape. But if not, it's cheap entertainment at least and I can always adjust how I do things next year. I think I put too much in my small garden this year. Might have to narrow down my choices next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area