Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2015, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,559 times

Advertisements

Our family is looking to build a new home in ironwood crossing. We love the community, the homes, everything we know so far. We are relatively new to PHX, and rent on the other side of the valley. Are there any owners in Ironwood or surrounding communities that would be willing to share what they love or what they dislike about the area, or Fulton as a builder? We are nearly 100% sure this is where we want to be, but we'd like to go into with open eyes. Thank you in advance for any advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 07:05 AM

2 posts, read 4,742 times
I was having a home built there a couple of years ago. But unfortunately had to move out of state due to family. I really liked the community myself, but thought the HOA fee ($116 at the time) was kind of high in comparison to the other communities in San Tan. I think that fee may have gone up a little, since the subdivision has expanded to the corn field that used to be right next store. I also think they really charge too much for things like extra lights, electrical outlets, crown molding nice SS appliance. Its on these items + that you'll notice that the price will increase big time. They build nice homes but I really cant speak on any later on issues. As we moved away before the house was completed. There is a fee for the fire dept to go, over and put a fire should your house ever burn down. If you are really set on living in San Tan, I would just buy an already built home that is not too old. This would come out cheaper and you will most likely not have to add as many things to the house like crown molding. Good luck on your house hunting journey.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:07 PM

153 posts, read 156,364 times
I live here and love it. It's nice a quiet despite the occasional allegiant airlines flight landing at Gateway Mesa. My wife will be happy as soon as they open the new theater in Queen Creek. If and when they extend SR24 further out this way I can see the area sprouting with a lot of amenities that aren't close by at the moment.

What other specifics are you looking to find out?

Old 03-12-2015, 08:37 PM

487 posts, read 748,094 times
We also built a home in Ironwood Crossing. It's a very nice community, and Fulton seems to have built a good, solid home. We are a bit far out, but it's a pretty easy drive to Gilbert, etc. where you can find everything. Even out here, there are all the regular amenities like Target, Fry's, Kohl's all within about 4 miles from here.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:51 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,273,155 times
One thing Fulton Homes does really well is the site development. They are usually one of the best landscaped and designed communities in whichever city they are. Fulton Ranch is incredible and on a grander scale, but all of the other communities share many of the details such as the entrance waterfall, meandering sidewalks, similar landscaping and wall details, etc. Does a lot for curb appeal and maintaining value IMO.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:23 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
One thing Fulton Homes does really well is the site development. They are usually one of the best landscaped and designed communities in whichever city they are. Fulton Ranch is incredible and on a grander scale, but all of the other communities share many of the details such as the entrance waterfall, meandering sidewalks, similar landscaping and wall details, etc. Does a lot for curb appeal and maintaining value IMO.
I can understand since Fulton typically prefers to develop their own communities rather than participating in multi-builder communities. However, there are some exceptions; for example Cooper Corners in south Chandler has homes built by both Fulton and Shea. Also, Fulton is currently building in Cooley Station in Gilbert, and has purchased two additional parcels for additional subdivisions.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:22 PM

39 posts, read 104,697 times
We bought & built in another Fulton community, Freeman Farms, coming up on three years since we moved in and we have been very happy with Fulton. Two other family members have built in the Gilbert area with other well known builders and they both got far less included as standard, plus Fulton's customer service system in responding to complaints is excellent. I believe the houses at Ironwood are the same as we built here. Anyway, we're very pleased with our choice.

Old 03-23-2015, 05:43 PM

29 posts, read 220,036 times
I don't live in Ironwood Crossing, but once considered moving there from my own community which is further out in San Tan Valley. Ironwood Crossing is a very attractive community and I think the homes include a good selection of standard features. However, the upgrades can get pricey. And you WILL want some of them.
The nice thing about the location of IC is that you are technically in San Tan Valley, and therefore have lower property taxes, but are close enough to Queen Creek proper to have easy access for medical, shopping, restaurants and freeway connections.
That being said, you will not be a resident of Queen Creek, so QC town amenities- like the library, for example, require a fee.
Ironwood does have a swimming pool, but there are lots of homes sharing that one facility.
Have you reviewed their CC&Rs and HOA rules? Would check them carefully. The monthly fee is quite a bit more than we pay in my community (Johnson Ranch), but then location, location as they say. Looking at a resale home might save you lots of $$ as suggested by a previous poster.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:45 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymom66 View Post
I don't live in Ironwood Crossing, but once considered moving there from my own community which is further out in San Tan Valley. Ironwood Crossing is a very attractive community and I think the homes include a good selection of standard features. However, the upgrades can get pricey. And you WILL want some of them.
The nice thing about the location of IC is that you are technically in San Tan Valley, and therefore have lower property taxes, but are close enough to Queen Creek proper to have easy access for medical, shopping, restaurants and freeway connections.
That being said, you will not be a resident of Queen Creek, so QC town amenities- like the library, for example, require a fee.
Ironwood does have a swimming pool, but there are lots of homes sharing that one facility.
Have you reviewed their CC&Rs and HOA rules? Would check them carefully. The monthly fee is quite a bit more than we pay in my community (Johnson Ranch), but then location, location as they say. Looking at a resale home might save you lots of $$ as suggested by a previous poster.
Note that Ironwood Crossing is within the Town of Queen Creek planning area for future annexation. In fact, Queen Creek was going to annex the area, but plans were put on hold indefinitely when Fulton went into bankruptcy in 2009. Now that Fulton is profitable once again, the town may reconsider annexing the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area