Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 07:26 AM

755 posts, read 675,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
You know nothing about South Phoenix you are another one of these transplants who think some gated community at the base of South Mountain is the same as 16th St/Broadway, 20th St/Southern, 7th St/Roeser. It's not being a hater it's reality and you are too naive to realize it.
You are too naive to realize that neighborhoods don't have to extent TEN miles to "feel safe." You are too naive to realize that the best cities in the U.S. and the world are built like South Phoenix, with diverse communities and people in very close proximity. That is what happens as you move closer to the city.

Stay in your boring vanilla suburbs and feel "safe." That is one reason why Phoenix will never be considered a true cosmopolitan city like the NYC, Dallas, Denver, Seattle, LA, Chicago, ATL, DC, Minneapolis, Houston, Philadelphia, and the likes, because a lot of people like you believe that people who do not look like you are all criminals, or if they don't have the same amount of money or education, you can't live within two miles of them.

Phoenix downtown stinks because people like you are afraid to visit and rub elbows with people other than you. The city proper life is dead because xenophobic people like yourself do not frequent it.

Phoenix has very little culture because of people like you will attack it and label it with a stigma and associate it with crime and "gangs."

Pathetic and it is costing the city of Phoenix big time. Phoenix is a wonderful place to live and Arizona state has sooo much to offer, but most people have no idea because they think the state is filled with racists and insane political leaders who will disrespect the office of the Presidency just because he is a Democrat or black.

You are so ignorant to the social make-up of a highly functioning highly populated society it is ridiculous. You cost this state millions of dollars in revenue and you have no idea why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 07:56 AM

770 posts, read 837,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
You are too naive to realize that neighborhoods don't have to extent TEN miles to "feel safe." You are too naive to realize that the best cities in the U.S. and the world are built like South Phoenix, with diverse communities and people in very close proximity. That is what happens as you move closer to the city.

Stay in your boring vanilla suburbs and feel "safe." That is one reason why Phoenix will never be considered a true cosmopolitan city like the NYC, Dallas, Denver, Seattle, LA, Chicago, ATL, DC, Minneapolis, Houston, Philadelphia, and the likes, because a lot of people like you believe that people who do not look like you are all criminals, or if they don't have the same amount of money or education, you can't live within two miles of them.

Phoenix downtown stinks because people like you are afraid to visit and rub elbows with people other than you. The city proper life is dead because xenophobic people like yourself do not frequent it.

Phoenix has very little culture because of people like you will attack it and label it with a stigma and associate it with crime and "gangs."

Pathetic and it is costing the city of Phoenix big time. Phoenix is a wonderful place to live and Arizona state has sooo much to offer, but most people have no idea because they think the state is filled with racists and insane political leaders who will disrespect the office of the Presidency just because he is a Democrat or black.

You are so ignorant to the social make-up of a highly functioning highly populated society it is ridiculous. You cost this state millions of dollars in revenue and you have no idea why.
Lol you know nothing about me and your rant has nothing to do with South Phoenix. All this started because I stated the truth that South Phoenix extends from 48th St to 19th Ave/from Baseline the the River Bottoms and that it's the hub of gang activity with is all true. I have family in the core of South Phoenix as stated previously in my posts. You got but hurt because you live in some gated community at the base of south mountain and are afraid that posts like mine will scare people away. The thing is I post reality about the area sure the area you live in is fine. It a new gated community at the base of South mountain to keep the "diverse" people out.

Your downtown rant has nothing to do with this post and FYI I work downtown and contribute more economically downtown then you do. Also, I could care less about the other cities you posted about because they were so great you would live in one of them. Who cares about the president I not a fan of either party because they both have the same agenda I'm Independent but again has nothing to do with South Phoenix.

Bottom line if you think there isn't roots of gang activity in South Phoenix now and going back to the 70's you are ****.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:56 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,140,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
You haven't proved anything I say wrong The Projects at 16th St/Roeser are a far cry from you little gated community that a couple of you champion as the whole area of South Phoenix.
You said us gated community dwellers in South Phoenix are unaware of what goes on outside the walls. I proved you very wrong on that...I know there's good and bad in South Phoenix but once again the bad element has had ZERO effect on me, my family, or friends in the decade I've lived there. I proved that I do go running through the Vistas at night...I know where these low income run down areas are and again, have had zero issue with them or the people that live there. Yeah there are gangs in South Phoenix but, once again, they've had ZERO effect on my life.

Why are you so obsessed with trying to discredit how we are living our lives and enjoying them in our part of the city? It's unhealthy and rather creepy how much you stalk this thread and repeat the same thing over and over again. Do you think you're doing a public service by all of this? If so, you're failing miserably because with the way our area is growing and developing more and more every day.

I know you probably won't read all of that and will only respond with something unintelligent along the lines of 'lol you don't get out of your precious gated fortress ever and the bloods/crips/ live down the street and theres gang wars all around you lol...naive people!' so save your breath you're not changing anyone's minds or actually contributing anything thoughtful to this conversation. I can speak for a lot of people on here that you're pretty much just viewed as a troll.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:06 AM

755 posts, read 675,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
You said us gated community dwellers in South Phoenix are unaware of what goes on outside the walls. I proved you very wrong on that...I know there's good and bad in South Phoenix but once again the bad element has had ZERO effect on me, my family, or friends in the decade I've lived there. I proved that I do go running through the Vistas at night...I know where these low income run down areas are and again, have had zero issue with them or the people that live there. Yeah there are gangs in South Phoenix but, once again, they've had ZERO effect on my life.

Why are you so obsessed with trying to discredit how we are living our lives and enjoying them in our part of the city? It's unhealthy and rather creepy how much you stalk this thread and repeat the same thing over and over again. Do you think you're doing a public service by all of this? If so, you're failing miserably because with the way our area is growing and developing more and more every day.

I know you probably won't read all of that and will only respond with something unintelligent along the lines of 'lol you don't get out of your precious gated fortress ever and the bloods/crips/ live down the street and theres gang wars all around you lol...naive people!' so save your breath you're not changing anyone's minds or actually contributing anything thoughtful to this conversation. I can speak for a lot of people on here that you're pretty much just viewed as a troll.
Exactly. You spoke well for me. I am done with that troll. The poster does not want to have meaningful dialogue and or educate him/herself on factual information, waste of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area