Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 08:56 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,965,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
The topic isn't about streetgangs, it's about a maniac who happened to be a neo-nazi.

My point was this is another blemish on the state because it's another case of a deranged skinhead who went on a shooting rage in Arizona.

There was Jared Loughner, now this lunatic, and then Ponderosa wrote about another shinhead shooting people in Gilbert that I forgot about.

It makes Arizona look like a hotbed for gun-crazed lunatics and neo-nazis.

You seem to dismiss neo-nazi types as nothing to worry about, but they're just as plentiful and dangerous as the gang members.

The difference seems to be gang members usually target their rival gang members, but skinheads usually target anyone in sight and don't care who they injure or kill.
Skinheads are nowhere near the numbers of gang members. What makes you think that? Just curious, not trying to be rude or anything.

As far as AZ's image as a "hotbed for gun-crazed lunatics and neo-nazis", I might agree to some extent about the gun thing, but not the neo-Nazi comment. The skinheads are far more notorious in places like Oregon, Montana, etc, where they actually have a decent presence, and compounds they hang out at.

Gangbangers might try to target other gang bangers, but many of them have gotten downright racial. Mexican gangs fighting black gangs on a mass scale in LA. In some areas its not about drugs or neighborhood control, but strictly race. Gangbangers shoot and kill innocents on a daily basis, its a big problem. Skinheads? They maybe kill a few people a year at best. Gangbangers in Chicago kill more than that in a single day. Therefore I would classify gangbangers are far more dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 09:04 AM

14 posts, read 3,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Skinheads are nowhere near the numbers of gang members. What makes you think that? Just curious, not trying to be rude or anything.

As far as AZ's image as a "hotbed for gun-crazed lunatics and neo-nazis", I might agree to some extent about the gun thing, but not the neo-Nazi comment. The skinheads are far more notorious in places like Oregon, Montana, etc, where they actually have a decent presence, and compounds they hang out at.

Gangbangers might try to target other gang bangers, but many of them have gotten downright racial. Mexican gangs fighting black gangs on a mass scale in LA. In some areas its not about drugs or neighborhood control, but strictly race. Gangbangers shoot and kill innocents on a daily basis, its a big problem. Skinheads? They maybe kill a few people a year at best. Gangbangers in Chicago kill more than that in a single day. Therefore I would classify gangbangers are far more dangerous.
Most if not all mass shootings are at the hands of West Europeans. 40% of unsolved murders happen in rural America, where there are VERY few minorities. West Europeans are, and always have been, more prone to serial killing, destruction, and criminality than any other race on the planet, despite how the American government try to distort the numbers.

In this case, does anyone know if all the victims were of West European descent?

Old 03-20-2015, 10:08 AM

32 posts, read 47,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post

Just curious, what makes you such an expert on skinheads?

Old 03-20-2015, 10:14 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,956,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
The topic isn't about streetgangs, it's about a maniac who happened to be a neo-nazi.

My point was this is another blemish on the state because it's another case of a deranged skinhead who went on a shooting rage in Arizona.

There was Jared Loughner, now this lunatic, and then Ponderosa wrote about another shinhead shooting people in Gilbert that I forgot about.

It makes Arizona look like a hotbed for gun-crazed lunatics and neo-nazis.

You seem to dismiss neo-nazi types as nothing to worry about, but they're just as plentiful and dangerous as the gang members.

The difference seems to be gang members usually target their rival gang members, but skinheads usually target anyone in sight and don't care who they injure or kill.
Jared Loughner was not a "nazi". He suffered from schizophrenia. The guy was crazy but not racially motivated.... mass shootings have been a problem everywhere, not just in our state.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:38 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,965,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kct987 View Post
Just curious, what makes you such an expert on skinheads?
It goes way back to high school. haha I did a current events report on the skinhead attack in PA many, many years ago. It was one of those 30-minute speeches for class, so I did many weeks worth of research on neo-Nazis in America. Learned alot.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:40 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
I have a question for you Mesa folks. I was thinking of taking a run into the Phoenix area sometime in the next few weeks, I shop with a variety of mom and pop businesses and one of my favorite stops is Bookman's on Country Club Drive. How close is Bookman's to where the shooting occurred?

Old 03-20-2015, 01:42 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,956,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I have a question for you Mesa folks. I was thinking of taking a run into the Phoenix area sometime in the next few weeks, I shop with a variety of mom and pop businesses and one of my favorite stops is Bookman's on Country Club Drive. How close is Bookman's to where the shooting occurred?
About 4 miles

Old 03-20-2015, 05:26 PM

299 posts, read 666,825 times
Arizona seems to attract a good share of these low lifes- the shaved heads, bodies covered in tattoos, et al. I remember seeing quite a few of those types when I lived there. Not all of them are nazis or homicidal maniacs but they sure look the part. At the very least they are low-class, seedy characters.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:27 PM

445 posts, read 515,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlecoming View Post
Arizona seems to attract a good share of these low lifes- the shaved heads, bodies covered in tattoos, et al. I remember seeing quite a few of those types when I lived there. Not all of them are nazis or homicidal maniacs but they sure look the part. At the very least they are low-class, seedy characters.
Now how do you know that? Not every bald guy with tattoos is a low-class, seedy character.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:19 PM

273 posts, read 349,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Percent View Post
Most if not all mass shootings are at the hands of West Europeans. 40% of unsolved murders happen in rural America, where there are VERY few minorities. West Europeans are, and always have been, more prone to serial killing, destruction, and criminality than any other race on the planet, despite how the American government try to distort the numbers.

In this case, does anyone know if all the victims were of West European descent?
I guess you never heard about the DC snipers, who are of African descent. It also appears that you conveniently forgot about The Mack daddy of all mass shootings, the Virginia Tech massacre. The VA Tech shooter, Seung-Hui Cho, who was Asian, went onto massacre 32 people and wounded an additional 17 which makes it the deadliest mass shooting to date. It sounds like you have a racial agenda against white people, so very sad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area