Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2017, 01:47 PM

2,150 posts, read 5,147,137 times

Advertisements

You seem to have narrowed it down to Terravita and Trilogy at Vistancia, which surprises me because while they are both nice communities there are not that many similarities between the two areas other than golf.

Have you considered other communities that may well be a better fit, like Legend Trail which will be less expensive than Terravita but similar in nature. Have you considered Trilogy at Verde River or Corte Bella in Sun City West, both of which feature golf a lower cost?

Was golf the main driver? If not why pay for golf? There are several other really nice communities in N. Scottsdale or Cave Creek that do not feature golf, but will be more cost effective, like Bellasera, Montevista or Lone Mountain.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 06:02 PM

186 posts, read 193,395 times
Paige65 what property are you looking at in Carefree? I'm pretty familiar with that market after researching it for the past two years. We didn't end up buying there . . .

Old 02-05-2017, 06:46 PM

939 posts, read 2,371,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEinAz View Post
Paige65 what property are you looking at in Carefree? I'm pretty familiar with that market after researching it for the past two years. We didn't end up buying there . . .
I don't really want to say except that it's on Black Mountain. We've been looking in North Scottsdale and Carefree sometimes seriously, sometimes not, for about the last three years. We're out there a lot because my inlaws live in Cave Creek. My husband is in the middle of a job transition, so we're on hold with house hunting unti he gets settled into his new position. I hope you are happy wherever you landed!

Old 02-05-2017, 07:08 PM

1,013 posts, read 969,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoeD View Post
You seem to have narrowed it down to Terravita and Trilogy at Vistancia, which surprises me because while they are both nice communities there are not that many similarities between the two areas other than golf.

Have you considered other communities that may well be a better fit, like Legend Trail which will be less expensive than Terravita but similar in nature. Have you considered Trilogy at Verde River or Corte Bella in Sun City West, both of which feature golf a lower cost?

Was golf the main driver? If not why pay for golf? There are several other really nice communities in N. Scottsdale or Cave Creek that do not feature golf, but will be more cost effective, like Bellasera, Montevista or Lone Mountain.
Don't know about Terravita, but at a Trilogy you don't pay for golf unless you play. And Trilogy Verde River is a bit pricey.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:20 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,245,369 times
Quote:

If you are responding to the OP, this thread is two years old.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:28 AM

2,150 posts, read 5,147,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
If you are responding to the OP, this thread is two years old.
I thought it looked familiar. LOL

But the point is still the same, if you want to be in N. Scottsdale, there are other options than Terravita. If you want to be in Peoria there may be other options than Vistancia.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:39 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,245,369 times
Quote:
I thought it looked familiar. LOL

But the point is still the same, if you want to be in N. Scottsdale, there are other options than Terravita. If you want to be in Peoria there may be other options than Vistancia.

True facts.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:20 PM

186 posts, read 193,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige65 View Post
I don't really want to say except that it's on Black Mountain. We've been looking in North Scottsdale and Carefree sometimes seriously, sometimes not, for about the last three years. We're out there a lot because my inlaws live in Cave Creek. My husband is in the middle of a job transition, so we're on hold with house hunting unti he gets settled into his new position. I hope you are happy wherever you landed!
I was CERTAIN I wanted to live in Carefree. Researched and scoured the area for houses or lots in our price range for over a year. Legend Trail is a nice community, but we aren't big golfers. Most of what is marketed as "Cave Creek" is really North Phoenix with a Cave Creek mailing address. We found a townhouse across Tom Darlington from downtown Carefree (Clarendon Estates) which we absolutely loved, but the association was bat-sh#t crazy. That combined with the traffic noise of 2000 bikers every Saturday and Sunday nixed the deal. We also felt downtown Carefree was a bit "seedy" and half the commercial district was vacant. We ended up in the Usery Mountain foothills of NE Mesa. New construction, great views, outstanding community.

Good luck with your search. If you're looking on Black Mountain, you're in a different bracket than I'm in :-). Just be wary of the Cave Creek Road side.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:29 AM

939 posts, read 2,371,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEinAz View Post
I was CERTAIN I wanted to live in Carefree. Researched and scoured the area for houses or lots in our price range for over a year. Legend Trail is a nice community, but we aren't big golfers. Most of what is marketed as "Cave Creek" is really North Phoenix with a Cave Creek mailing address. We found a townhouse across Tom Darlington from downtown Carefree (Clarendon Estates) which we absolutely loved, but the association was bat-sh#t crazy. That combined with the traffic noise of 2000 bikers every Saturday and Sunday nixed the deal. We also felt downtown Carefree was a bit "seedy" and half the commercial district was vacant. We ended up in the Usery Mountain foothills of NE Mesa. New construction, great views, outstanding community.

Good luck with your search. If you're looking on Black Mountain, you're in a different bracket than I'm in :-). Just be wary of the Cave Creek Road side.
Glad to know you are happy with NE Mesa. I haven't been out that way in years. I have to laugh, you are the first person I've ever heard attach the word "seedy" to Carefree. There is some vacancy, for sure. I feel like it's always had vacancy and turnover since I first started visiting CC/CF about 18 years ago, when my in-laws moved from Scottsdale to CC. I think it's the nature of retail areas dependent upon galleries, boutique-y stores and other small businesses.

We wouldn't move to Mesa just because all of our relatives are pretty far from there (CC, Scottsdale, Surprise), but I love to explore new places, so we'll have to take a drive out that way to check out the community and views.

P.S. Glad you avoided bat**%#* crazy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area