Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 02:04 PM

21 posts, read 67,567 times

Advertisements

Thanks Yall for your input! NYC is out of the question as well as CA .. One, NY is too cold and two, both are expensive with an over saturated and competitive market for newly grad nurses. I appreciate the input on AZ! maybe I should take a trip out west before I make a final decision . Also considering dallas, Charleston sc and orlando .. 😊
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 05:22 PM

16 posts, read 51,043 times
Scottsdale is full of girls in their 20s looking for older "successful" guys, that's definitely the sort of place it is, you'll probably enjoy it there. As others have said, Tempe has a lot of students so I'd avoid Mill Ave, and not many people go Downtown.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:01 PM

518 posts, read 867,803 times
I really don't get that vibe there. The valley as a whole, from my perspective, is a uniquely equal dating dynamic between men and women. Genders are more equal here as far as dating then I've seen elsewhere. You can honestly be a poor guy and do well when it comes to dating if your personality and/or looks are good. I don't think Scottsdale or the valley is full of gold diggers at all.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:44 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,462,362 times
Do you already have a job? I know banner can't hire RNs fast enough right now.

If I were you I'd check out downtown chandler on a Friday night, people might be more your speed.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:58 PM

25 posts, read 29,795 times
I would suggest Downtown Phoenix and the Biltmore area.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:02 AM

128 posts, read 138,331 times
It sounds just like California where you need money to date or you won't have a chance.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:19 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,237,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROFILE CLIMB View Post
It sounds just like California where you need money to date or you won't have a chance.

Overgeneralization alert!

There are lots of people who date successfully in the Phoenix area without throwing a lot of money around. Not to say that there aren't people who go about it that way, but it's not required.

I see that's a common theme in your other posts on the dating subject re: other cities. It "sounds like" you don't live here, or don't date. The OP is looking at cities from Hawaii to South Carolina now, so who knows where she will end up.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:36 AM

128 posts, read 138,331 times
Well most anywhere you go, to get the good looking women it takes money, because fact is good looking women have many choices, no matter what city you go to.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:03 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,357,337 times
I think the best way to meet people is to find a group that you identify with or share things in common with and then date organically based on the people you meet. Meeting people through church, hobbies/activities/clubs, work, and friends seem the safest bets to me because you will have a longer background with people and have more information to inform your decisions. There are a lot of people in the Valley who haven't been here that long so it shouldn't be too hard to meet other young singles with similar backgrounds, no matter what interests you choose to pursue. I am sure your new coworkers will in many cases have a lot in common with you and be able to give you personal advice on what works or worked for them, as well.

Bruce Jackpot was correct when he posted that successful men OR women are more likely to be working, traveling, or perhaps at the gym or with friends, than going out drinking and hitting on, or being hit on by, randoms. This is why I feel anyone's best bet is to date organically through networks and communities you develop. Get settled, make friends, find communities to which you want to belong, and give yourself time to evaluate your options. That advice applies to anywhere, though.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:24 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,252,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
The OP is looking at cities from Hawaii to South Carolina now, so who knows where she will end up.
It seems like the valley didn't make her cut. I'm surprised Hawai'i is on her radar, especially after she didn't like the COL in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area