Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 04:06 PM

21 posts, read 67,372 times

Advertisements

Ahh okay so after graduation I plan on moving .. I will be an RN.. And want to work for a plastic surgeon. I'm sure there's many in pheonix so I'm not worried about finding a job. My next concern is the dating scene . I've lived on the east coast and down south and the dAting scene and lifestyle were polar opposites .. I have no idea what to expect in pheonix . I'm an attractive feMAle , young 20s, I will have a stable job I finance myself . I like older men (late twenties to early thirties) that are clean cut, steady and succesful (no im not a gold digger) I like outdoor activities and I like to go out to sports bars and dancing . Is there a lot of places I can go out and be social and meet men? Is Phoenix as business hub and have a lot of business men ️️Traveling? I just want to know what to expect and if it's what I'm looking for .. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 04:37 PM

8 posts, read 32,562 times
You will fit right in with the old town crowd, but good luck finding a keeper there - most dudes who frequent that scene are 30k millionaires, as we like to say, driving around entry level BMWs. It's straight-up bro-town.

That entire scene is all young, attractive women looking for the same thing, so you will be a commodity.

Good luck.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:47 PM

So not my best bet?

Old 03-31-2015, 05:06 PM

8 posts, read 32,562 times
You're in your early 20s. You're looking to meet new dudes, so you will not be disappointed hanging out in Old Town Scottsdale. You'll meet 100 new people in a single night. There are a ton of bars. For someone in their early 20s, it's a great time.

BUT, if you're looking for "successful" older guys, you might have a hard time finding them hanging out in Old Town. It depends on your definition of "successful," and "steady" really.

Is "successful" 100k a year, or 500k a year, or a million a year? If you ask me, most successful, older guys aren't drinking that often - they're too busy working and/or building a business.

ProTip: Successful men own their own business. They don't work for people.

ProTip: Don't be impressed with guys in law school. They're likely taking on 250k worth of student loan debt and aren't very employable unless they go to a top law school.

ProTip: You will likely spend most of your twenties dating attractive, but thoroughly unreliable men. By 27-30, you'll quickly realize that there is a lot more to a partner than being "successful" and "attractive." While money is important, you'll have figured out that finding someone who is reliable, trustworthy and your best friend, is infinitely more valuable than physical aesthetics and any amount of money.

Cliche, yes, but no one believes it's true when they're your age.

Hard Truth Pro Tip: VERY successful men realize they have a significant life advantage. Ugly or handsome, they know that their wealth allows them to have anything they want, including any woman, for the most part. Never think a hugely successful man will always remain faithful. No matter how beautiful a woman, there is always a man who tires of her and who needs the novelty of another body.

Old 03-31-2015, 05:17 PM

Thanks your post is really helpful. What I meant by successful ...was men that aren't all frat boys still in college with a young mindset .. I want someone who is already established and ready to be serious not exavtly settle down right away.. But I will already have finished college .. Making somewhat decent money.. Just want them to be on my level...educated .. Able to support themselves .. Ambitious .. Seems like all the men I meet here where I live are all too young.. Think they're entitiled to everything .. On and off with school.. Take shirtless selfies in gym bathroom mirrors.. Does that make any sense lol.. not picky.. Just have standards .. By no means do I want a sugar daddy or a man for his money. I want to be able to build an empire WITH a man .. Not live off his ..

Old 03-31-2015, 05:53 PM

9,189 posts, read 16,535,224 times
There are plenty of young(ish), successful professionals that play hard too and like to blow off some steam at many of the Old Town watering holes. Ignore the naysayers. I think it'll have what you're looking for.

Old 03-31-2015, 05:57 PM

Thanks .. Hard workers play hard too !

Old 03-31-2015, 05:59 PM

173 posts, read 402,056 times
PHX has an unbalanced ratio of single men to single women, so women should have more luck than the guys.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:03 PM

518 posts, read 866,722 times
Even if you do happen to be considered attractive where you live (as you say you are) your looks won't impress guys here much. Especially in Scottsdale. It's more difficult for women to ride their looks through life here. It's a different dating dynamic-more equal between genders. Guys are less desperate here generally. Why? Because there are tons of attractive women.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:22 AM

12,852 posts, read 7,029,740 times
I'm sure you will find something here Scottsdale is nice lots of other areas of town that are nice too, bars and clubs aren't the only place to find dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area