Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 02:32 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,918,556 times

Advertisements

There is NOTHING you can do, unless you consider whining to the police dispatcher "something". The police need to catch the driver in-the-act, and without a DB meter reading the police don't stand a chance in court. I like my cars quiet, but LOVE the deep rumble of my bike that sets off car alarms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 02:44 PM

43 posts, read 48,342 times
I have the same issue with excessively tall trucks. Isn't there also a rule on how much you can lift a vehicle? There's one truck in my neighborhood that's lifted about 36". A minor fender bender and my head would be chopped off by his bumper! I've had wonderful fantasies about slashing his tires.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:02 PM

2,869 posts, read 4,426,204 times
Don't slash the tires..........just use vice grips to pull out all 4 of the tire valves.

Jim b.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:12 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,311,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloppyRunner View Post
So here's the thing. I'm a gearhead. I work in the automotive industry, I ride a streetbike, and nothing gets me going more than a fast machine.

But when little kids cover their ears and dogs put their tails between their legs when you ride or drive by, YOUR DAMN CAR OR MOTORCYCLE IS TOO LOUD. Stop being such a selfish prick and pissing off everybody else; you don't own the town.

Anywho, I'll step off my soapbox. I've seen this clown twice now, driving a Honda Prelude, or something like that. No muffler, no cat, nothing. My question? What can I do, assuming talking to him doesn't work (and I can only assume that it won't, although I'll give it a try)? Do the cops actually give a crap?

Of course I have fantasies of slashing his tires, kicking off his mirrors, and other such things, but really that doesn't accomplish anything worthwhile.
Do you live near 'Miss Hepburn'?

Old 04-07-2015, 04:22 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,914,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Don't slash the tires..........just use vice grips to pull out all 4 of the tire valves.

Jim b.
Yeah, vandalize his vehicle because you simply dont like it. Thats real cool.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:32 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,604,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
There is NOTHING you can do, unless you consider whining to the police dispatcher "something". The police need to catch the driver in-the-act, and without a DB meter reading the police don't stand a chance in court. I like my cars quiet, but LOVE the deep rumble of my bike that sets off car alarms
umm no. They dont need a db meter to write a ticket for obnoxious noise. A cop is a "trained observer", and they can testify that you shook their fillings loose.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:34 PM

344 posts, read 809,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
I've always wondered why anyone would even get excited about rice-burners in the first place. Whenever they "buzzzz" past, they sound like a bumblebee on steroids...

I'd rather hear the distinct rumble & roar of powerful American muscle cars from decades past.

I'd expect nothing less from someone named "Colt".

I'm down with Japanese bikes and cars that are about performance and other things, over very deliberate attempts at attention with loud sounds that any juvenile would care about.

It's like the dude in the econo-car who's removed the muffler...can't say how impressed I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: