Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 11:03 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,125,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I was talking with asufan when you wanted to jump in and wedge yourself into the debate.
If you don't want this to happen use the PM feature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 02:37 PM

9,681 posts, read 11,052,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
If you don't want this to happen use the PM feature.
OR mention that their long response was not in reference to them. Then educate them twice and finally the 3rd time. I'd have to go back and count but maybe it was four times.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 04-20-2015 at 02:56 PM..

Old 04-20-2015, 11:09 PM

584 posts, read 1,336,014 times
Folks !!! I think the bottom line is ....It's your money and you can do whatever that makes you feel happy . Zero debt = stress fee is the way to go and obviously, capitalism promoted otherwise. Been there, and done much more than that so no financial lecture needed for me please.

I am on the same side of the coin along with MN-Born N Raised, Stevek64

To the Op.... Just buy when you feel comfortable and discount all the noise here. Long and steady always win at the end.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:09 AM

584 posts, read 1,336,014 times
People talked about such the stock market performanced for the last 100 years, and/or one should take the opportunity of low interest rate to diverse their investments.
Sounds so easy isn't it ? Or sounds like CNBC?, or the so called institutional painting a perfect picture of the house with you and me in it ?

My question is : Are you or are there anyone you know and if so, how many that captured that 1000 % or even 10000% during a run from the great depression ? Your answer might be at best like few people but much less percentage in appreciation because of fluctuation in unexpected events. The people who lost money during those unexpected events way much more than those who just seat like a rock and captured a big profit during that long period . It can't be a valid argument when you have a tiny portion of the population who sat like a rock and benefited for a straight 80 plus years run.
The real problem these days is : The majority of the American don't look at the stock market as a investment but just a short term hit and miss like in the mind of day traders. There is something they don't trust so there is another point that your chart don't work.

Profit from cheap money such low interest rate ? Sounds so easy huh but watch the above. Would you rather be the players or the house ? You sounded like you want to be a player and there will be a lot pf players like you out there....But then, the house always WIN at the end.

The smarter question should be asked is that how to become the HOUSE rather then to be the PLAYER ?

Old 04-21-2015, 01:36 AM

273 posts, read 348,249 times
As long as the 30 year stays below 4% the housing market will be solid. If it drops below 3.5% I believe home prices will go parabolic and skyrocket to 05-06 levels. If you think these low interest rates are the "new normal" than you should buy now; if you think rates will shoot up over 5% in a few years than definitely don't buy, it's really that simple.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:40 AM

9,681 posts, read 11,052,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Valencia View Post
As long as the 30 year stays below 4% the housing market will be solid. If it drops below 3.5% I believe home prices will go parabolic and skyrocket to 05-06 levels. If you think these low interest rates are the "new normal" than you should buy now; if you think rates will shoot up over 5% in a few years than definitely don't buy, it's really that simple.
I wish housing was down to one variable (interest rates). Things like where you buy, the economy (inflation, labor costs, material shortages or surpluses, the value of the dollar, etc) , maybe something crazy like a sever drought for 3 years would change PHX values or even ???. In short, IMHO it's really not that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area