Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 04:29 PM

43 posts, read 48,256 times

Advertisements

Don't let these people scare you off! There are plenty of single, down-to-earth women here. Just don't expect to find them in downtown Scottsdale or Tempe. Not that those places are all bad...there are plenty of less snobbish bars in Scottsdale, and not every place in Tempe is filled with college students. You just need to explore the area more. But if you're basing your opinion on Whiskey Row, I'd understand why you wouldn't want to move here. That's not a country bar...it's a overpriced bar/club with a country theme.

There are lots of cheap suburban areas near the downtowns, so that shouldn't be an issue. The further you get into the suburbs, the fewer single people you'll find. But I don't think that's different than anywhere else in the country.

Bars aren't the best place to meet a future wife anyways. There are tons of great outdoor opportunities around Phoenix...rock climbing, hiking, camping, boating, etc. Meetup would be a great way to get to find like-minded people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 05:26 PM

518 posts, read 866,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchUSA View Post
The main thing stopping me from Phoenix is the concern that after meeting a lot of people here, there are virtually no nice friendly girls around my age
Dude that is ridiculous. This is not a state where guys should complain about women, for any reason. Guys in most states would be envious about the women we have in AZ. Look harder... the country bar idea is good same with country concerts.

good luck

Old 04-10-2015, 06:17 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,938,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade007 View Post
You can try Country Thunder this weekend, but you may have to drive a ways (it's in Florence). Plenty of mid to late 20's people there!
If you can't find a single, good-looking women in her 20's there than the problem is you

Old 04-11-2015, 03:41 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,425,535 times
I love Arizona women (I guess being one I'm a little biased )

Lots of down to earth, fit, sweet ladies here in the valley.

The problem is the sprawling nature of this city makes it a bit hard to meet other people but you should be fine.

One important thing to consider though is, how religious are you? Is it an imprtant factor in your choice of a partner? The reason I mention it is because Phoenix is one of the least religious metros in the US whereas TX is in the smack of the Bible belt.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:41 PM

16 posts, read 50,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcheese11 View Post
Don't let these people scare you off! There are plenty of single, down-to-earth women here. Just don't expect to find them in downtown Scottsdale or Tempe. Not that those places are all bad...there are plenty of less snobbish bars in Scottsdale, and not every place in Tempe is filled with college students. You just need to explore the area more. But if you're basing your opinion on Whiskey Row, I'd understand why you wouldn't want to move here. That's not a country bar...it's a overpriced bar/club with a country theme.

There are lots of cheap suburban areas near the downtowns, so that shouldn't be an issue. The further you get into the suburbs, the fewer single people you'll find. But I don't think that's different than anywhere else in the country.

Bars aren't the best place to meet a future wife anyways. There are tons of great outdoor opportunities around Phoenix...rock climbing, hiking, camping, boating, etc. Meetup would be a great way to get to find like-minded people.
Yeah I am basing quite a bit of it from the girls in Whiskey Row and surrounding area. That seems to be the only place non-college 20s people hang out though. If not Whiskey Row (which I know is horribly fake but at least it plays country music and has people my age there!) or Moonshine, what other country bars are there which people my age go to?

I organize 20s things on Meetup, I started my own group and have organized tons of things and met a lot of people but it's mostly guys who join that sort of stuff. It's a good starting point, but I think meeting people when out and about whether it be in a country bar, the park, the gym or wherever is a better way of getting to know new people and those from Dallas (and I assume South in general) seem much more interested in having a conversation with strangers compared to Phoenix where it doesn't seem to be considered normal or common to chat with new people. I think that's where the unfriendly vibe comes from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade007 View Post
You can try Country Thunder this weekend, but you may have to drive a ways (it's in Florence). Plenty of mid to late 20's people there!
I wanted to go to Counter Thunder so much but nobody else I know is into country music or if they are they can't afford it. Was extremely frustrating! I'm 100% planning on going next year, even if I end up in Dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Jackpot View Post
Dude that is ridiculous. This is not a state where guys should complain about women, for any reason. Guys in most states would be envious about the women we have in AZ. Look harder... the country bar idea is good same with country concerts.

good luck
I didn't say there weren't a lot of attractive women in AZ, I'm just saying there don't seem to be many my age, or they're married or they're generally not interested in meeting new people. Whereas in Dallas there seemed to be tons of girls my age who are equally attractive, mostly single and are really friendly and open to meeting people. That's been my personal experience anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
One important thing to consider though is, how religious are you? Is it an imprtant factor in your choice of a partner? The reason I mention it is because Phoenix is one of the least religious metros in the US whereas TX is in the smack of the Bible belt.
I'm not particularly religious but when I met people in Dallas I don't think it ever came up. I know people say Dallas is in the heart of the Bible belt but I have no problem with people who are religious as long as it's not forced into every conversation or daily life and I never met anyone like that when I was there so haven't considered it to be an issue. Hope I'm not wrong about that!

Old 04-12-2015, 04:33 AM

1,640 posts, read 2,635,778 times
Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Denver, Austin, and yes, Dallas.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:29 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,558,035 times
I'll be moving to Phoenix next year, but yes Denver has a ton of single people in their 20s and early 30s. Come check it out up here.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:35 PM

294 posts, read 472,095 times
The sprawl kills it here, especially if you don't know a lot of people. Forget about going to a bar and having a few drinks by yourself unless you want to spend a ton on transportation, or risk a DUI. I live downtown next to the light rail and it's still a pain because a lot of things don't take place anywhere near it.

From what I've seen so far, the majority of attractive women outside of bars are married/in relationships. And I can't say I know of a place where single, attractive women tend to congregate other than bars, which are arguably the worst places to look. The gym can be decent, but most people aren't really there to socialize.

For a single person in their 20's who likes city life, Phoenix can be pretty disappointing unfortunately.

As for nightlife, Denver is much better because it is centralized and attracts people of all ages and backgrounds, not just college grads or older people.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:49 PM

16 posts, read 50,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guawazi View Post
The sprawl kills it here, especially if you don't know a lot of people. Forget about going to a bar and having a few drinks by yourself unless you want to spend a ton on transportation, or risk a DUI. I live downtown next to the light rail and it's still a pain because a lot of things don't take place anywhere near it.

From what I've seen so far, the majority of attractive women outside of bars are married/in relationships. And I can't say I know of a place where single, attractive women tend to congregate other than bars, which are arguably the worst places to look. The gym can be decent, but most people aren't really there to socialize.

For a single person in their 20's who likes city life, Phoenix can be pretty disappointing unfortunately.

As for nightlife, Denver is much better because it is centralized and attracts people of all ages and backgrounds, not just college grads or older people.
Yeah you definitely get what I'm talking about! You really have to live within a $5-10 Uber ride to Tempe/Scottsdale to be able to go out drinking etc. But even then, all of those issues you mentioned about girls are spot on. For me, I think I'm most likely to meet a girl I like at a country bar/event or a dog park/trail or possibly the gym but sadly I don't think Phoenix is good for any of those things because even if they exist, there's definitely a lack of single girls our age at them!

In terms of alternative cities I would imagine Uptown Dallas to be at least as good as Denver for meeting people. But I guess you have to want the heat and southern culture!

Last edited by HutchUSA; 04-14-2015 at 07:10 PM..

Old 04-14-2015, 09:30 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,384,066 times
Boston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area