Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 07:05 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,582,293 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I went online to pay my SRP bill yesterday and they offered me what they call budget billing where apparently they average out an annual average and you get billed the same amount every month and don't get slammed with huge summer bills. I went ahead and signed up and got an email today saying signup was successful and I will now be paying $138 a month. The bill I just paid for my March usage was $102.00 and my summer bills can get ridiculous so I'm thinking I'm really going to like this plan. When I first moved in here, I started with M-power and hated the inconvenience of having to find a grocery store with a machine, get cash to insert ETC so I switched to basic. I like the idea of having the same bill every month at a not so crazy amount of money.

Is anyone else on this? How have your experiences been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 08:34 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,885,640 times
APS has the same thing called an Equalizer plan, there are a lot of people on it for the same reasons you like it.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:40 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,180,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Hey all,

I went online to pay my SRP bill yesterday and they offered me what they call budget billing where apparently they average out an annual average and you get billed the same amount every month and don't get slammed with huge summer bills. I went ahead and signed up and got an email today saying signup was successful and I will now be paying $138 a month. The bill I just paid for my March usage was $102.00 and my summer bills can get ridiculous so I'm thinking I'm really going to like this plan. When I first moved in here, I started with M-power and hated the inconvenience of having to find a grocery store with a machine, get cash to insert ETC so I switched to basic. I like the idea of having the same bill every month at a not so crazy amount of money.

Is anyone else on this? How have your experiences been?
I LOVE it. Have been on it for years. They are very accurate in their estimates, and will adjust the bill slightly if they think they need to. It's way better than the "sticker shock" of the summer bills.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:56 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,859,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I LOVE it. Have been on it for years. They are very accurate in their estimates, and will adjust the bill slightly if they think they need to. It's way better than the "sticker shock" of the summer bills.
Way easier to do a monthly budget knowing what you'll be paying instead of getting sticker shock (pun intended).

We've also been on it for years and will remain so.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:02 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,938,386 times
I love it, wouldn't have it any other way. When I first moved to our new house they over estimated my payment and I paid so much in the winter that my May, June, July and August bills were only $10 each, it was awesome!

Old 04-16-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
I love it, wouldn't have it any other way. When I first moved to our new house they over estimated my payment and I paid so much in the winter that my May, June, July and August bills were only $10 each, it was awesome!
I had a free summer month one time years ago, too, now they make minor adjustments more often and keep it balanced pretty well.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:31 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,415,096 times
After living in a house for a season or 2, I can estimate how much energy we use each month pretty accurately. For this reason, I don't use such a plan/find it necessary.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
After living in a house for a season or 2, I can estimate how much energy we use each month pretty accurately. For this reason, I don't use such a plan/find it necessary.
Estimating how much you use, and paying for it, are two different things. If you have no problem budgeting for the higher summer bills, that's fine, too. Others prefer the ease of the same payment every month. The point of these plans is to equalize the cost - nothing to do with usage specifically.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:47 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,415,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Estimating how much you use, and paying for it, are two different things. If you have no problem budgeting for the higher summer bills, that's fine, too. Others prefer the ease of the same payment every month. The point of these plans is to equalize the cost - nothing to do with usage specifically.
Yep, I can understand the budget aspect of it/having one equal payment being convenient for some and smoothing over the high summer bills.

As you say, with me knowing our general energy use from season to season, I can therefore know what the cost will be pretty accurately so I'm budgeting also, just in a different way.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:45 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,009,061 times
If you pay the same amount each month, you'll be less apt to notice excessive elect. usage. So I don't wouldn't go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area