Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 03:58 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,140,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Good thing there were no tribal police around when I was going over 130 on the desolate road between Maricopa and Sun Lakes
That's good! At least you'll only kill yourself!

Old 04-22-2015, 03:59 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,278,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
That's good! At least you'll only kill yourself!
Took a selfie too, I'll post it later

Old 04-22-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Took a selfie too, I'll post it later
I hope you were drinking! Make it a tri-fecta!

Old 04-22-2015, 05:12 PM

391 posts, read 788,137 times
You are nuts!!!

I've never been over 120mph but then again the needle was buried so who really knows (and I was 18 )

Old 04-22-2015, 05:23 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,629,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Of course HOV lanes are express. If they were meant to be strictly slower lanes, they would be on the right sides of the freeways, but they are situated on the left side. What does a left lane mean to you? Anything??? The AZ statute clearly states that a person driving a vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic shall drive the vehicle in the right lane. This means that traffic in the left lane needs to be moving faster than the traffic in the lane(s) to the right ... even if the traffic in the other lanes are moving at the speed limit or above.

Yes, I am aware that HOV lanes are reserved for carpools, buses, and motorcycles, but this is only during peak driving times. During the rest of the time, anybody can use them. If you'll kindly read the signs that your beloved ADOT installed, they clearly state what times of the day the HOV is reserved for the "special" vehicles. Even then, it shouldn't be used as a slowpoke lane, nor should it be used as a NASCAR lane. The way I see it, the speed demons who race in & out of lanes, AND the slowpokes who hold up the left lane & won't move over are the "self important jackholes" (as you worded it).

Now, explain how the HOV lanes could be shut down during non rush hour times, or be converted to access restricted lanes. You realize that either method would require a significant amount of effort & money ... and you have repeatedly said that there is no money in ADOT's budget, so how do you think this could possibly be accomplished?
HOV lanes do not apply. Sorry. When you see someone get pulled over for driving 65 in the HOV lane, let me know. You won't because they're not doing anything unlawful. That's why you do not see "keep right except to pass signs" on our freeways. Speed demons clearly want everyone to stay out of their way so they can just zoom down a freeway going 85+. You live in an urban area. Not going to happen. Your AZ statute does not apply to HOV lanes.

I have clearly said that the purpose of HOV lanes, meaning the reason that they even exist, is for transit users, carpools, motorcycles, and alternative fuel consumers. If you would kindly look into HOV lane regulations, their purpose is not to serve as a fast lane during non-HOV hours. I have never seen the HOV lane used as a slowpoke lane. People are normally going as fast, if not faster, than the rest of the lanes on the freeway. You and others seem to be mad because they're not going 100 MPH. People are not going to get out your way. Get over it. Tailgating, flipping people off, riding up next to someone and jerking your car like you're going to ram them off the road, aggressively passing and then brake checking, throwing things, and the like do nothing. For every person you do that to, there is someone up ahead who is going to be going as slow. The rest of us will just laugh while you pass and then have to slam on your brakes because you can't get by.

As for how the HOV lanes could be shut down? Movable concrete barriers, installation of pylons that separate the HOV lanes from the regular lanes, cameras that would snap the license plate numbers of anyone using the lanes during non-HOV hours or just the conversion of HOV rules to 24 hours/7 days a week. There are cities much larger than Phoenix that have both of these technologies. Since extra freeway capacity is really not needed during non-HOV times, shutting the lanes down during these times would preserve the pavement quality and would cut down on the confusion on exactly why HOV lanes exist. ADOT could just install this technology as funding becomes available.

Last edited by new2colo; 04-22-2015 at 05:31 PM..

Old 04-22-2015, 05:56 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times

Old 04-28-2015, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 882 times
ITS DISGUSTING!! The 101 north, every single morning from 6am until 9am, and then 3pm-6pm is filled with horrendous drivers, always doing the speed limit or just over/under and happily taking up the fast lane/lanes. The HOV lane is one thing, but the far left lane is FOR FAST DRIVING/PASSERS, NOT FOR YOU LAZY ASS WANNABE'S WHO THINK YOU OWN PHOENIX! GET OUT OF THE FAST LANE IF YOUR NOT GOING FAST! ...OR MOVE OVER TO THE SLOW ***** LANE ON THE RIGHT!!!

SLOW DRIVERS IN THE WRONG LANE CAUSES MORE ACCIDENTS: "HEADLINE"

Slow drivers actually cause more accidents that people driving 10-15 over the speed limit.
I get the feeling these slow drivers in the fast lanes in Phoenix not only think they own the town but they think they are making the streets safer....WRONG! your pissing off people who are following the standard rules of the road, so they then drive more erratically causing all out pandemonium!

Old 04-28-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrmoney View Post
ITS DISGUSTING!! The 101 north, every single morning from 6am until 9am, and then 3pm-6pm is filled with horrendous drivers, always doing the speed limit or just over/under and happily taking up the fast lane/lanes. The HOV lane is one thing, but the far left lane is FOR FAST DRIVING/PASSERS, NOT FOR YOU LAZY ASS WANNABE'S WHO THINK YOU OWN PHOENIX! GET OUT OF THE FAST LANE IF YOUR NOT GOING FAST! ...OR MOVE OVER TO THE SLOW ***** LANE ON THE RIGHT!!!

Slow drivers actually cause more accidents that people driving 10-15 over the speed limit.
I get the feeling these slow drivers in the fast lanes in Phoenix not only think they own the town but they think they are making the streets safer....WRONG! your pissing off people who are following the standard rules of the road, so they then drive more erratically causing all out pandemonium!
You are unreasonably angry about this.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:33 PM

37,103 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:

Any facts to support your opinion?

Anyone who will get frustrated and "then drive more erratically causing all out pandemonium" is the problem if he causes an accident, not the slow driver.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:23 PM

498 posts, read 543,482 times
Quote:

Road rage ^^^^^^^^ take a chill pill. Perhaps lay off the Red Bull before getting behind the wheel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area