Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 04:07 PM

888 posts, read 885,477 times

Advertisements

Don't know if the rules here preclude a reply with a specific recommendation. In any event, have a son living in Phoenix on a fixed income and no dental insurance. Seeking a referral for an old school dentist capable of the standard cleaning and filling work. Not those fancy new offices in the burbs that have high definition television sets, recliners and a marketing budget that would rival Madison Avenue, but an old school kind of dentist that's affordable.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 07:51 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,431,525 times
I don't think inexpensive dentists exist in this country anymore. As a matter of fact a lot of Arizonans actually travel to Mexico (Algodones or other) for cheaper dental work.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:24 PM

16,348 posts, read 30,049,961 times
Most dental school provide low-cost clinics for low income patients. I would prefer that over some of the "old school" dentists who have not kept up with the innovations from the past 20 years.

As for traveling to Mexico, that MIGHT work until it doesn't. I have a friend who is currently hospitalized in Tucson as a result of a bone infection received at a dental clinic in Nogales, SN.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:39 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,016,065 times
I'm not sure exactly how this works, but I have known people who have no insurance and a fixed income and have received dental services here:

Dental Clinic | The Society of St. Vincent de Paul

Old 04-20-2015, 12:49 AM

44,540 posts, read 61,201,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalys View Post
I'm not sure exactly how this works, but I have known people who have no insurance and a fixed income and have received dental services here:

Dental Clinic | The Society of St. Vincent de Paul

This ^^^

Old 04-20-2015, 10:41 PM

22 posts, read 19,097 times
Wish I hr iad seen your thread sooner but have not had time for forums lately....anyhoo... try Dr Wong down on south central (or it may be south 7th ave). I had an extraction there in february of this year, after dealing with the darn thing due to no dental coverage. I searched and searched but couldnt find anyone reasonable then i found his name through yelp, called them they saw me the next day.....quoted me $60- to $135- so i expected to pay the higher amount it was an abcess by then...they only charged me $60 included xrays......he didnt hurt me too much....the wait was reasonable....i would reccomend Dr Wong as long as you arent expecting fancy or plush surroundings, he did a good job and i will use this office again.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:44 PM

363 posts, read 926,175 times
The two words... affordable and dentists DO NOT go together in the same sentence!!! No matter where or what, you come out of their office with an empty checking account.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:57 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,567,394 times
Quote:
Looking for an old school affordable dentist in Central Phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by matyoka View Post
The two words... affordable and dentists DO NOT go together in the same sentence!!! No matter where or what, you come out of their office with an empty checking account.
There ain't no such animals.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenzoner View Post
Wish I hr iad seen your thread sooner but have not had time for forums lately....anyhoo... try Dr Wong down on south central (or it may be south 7th ave). I had an extraction there in february of this year, after dealing with the darn thing due to no dental coverage. I searched and searched but couldnt find anyone reasonable then i found his name through yelp, called them they saw me the next day.....quoted me $60- to $135- so i expected to pay the higher amount it was an abcess by then...they only charged me $60 included xrays......he didnt hurt me too much....the wait was reasonable....i would reccomend Dr Wong as long as you arent expecting fancy or plush surroundings, he did a good job and i will use this office again.
Thank you; I'll pass this info along.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:00 PM

Default Another one of those questions

California man here who like many I've met in Phoenix relocated there to be near grandchildren, is eventually Phoenix-bound. My wife and I are first-time grandparents and seem to be on a course to visit Phoenix once a month for 4-5 days at a shot.

Wife wants out of California so have spent time here reading great posts filled with great advice. The reality, as a business owner, Phoenix will be more like a second home rather than primary for the next couple years.

Many in our demographics, go out to one of those golf course-laden senior communities. I don't play golf and don't want to join that lifestyle club. I know you can buy far more home on the outskirts but we're not in a point of our lives where more home is anything we want; been there and done it.

So I personally think Central Phoenix is where I want to be. A smaller home in a nicer neighborhood. For starters, let's say $350,000 purchase budget and something as small as 1,000 square feet. And let's exclude condos for the time being. Wife doesn't like how harder it is to deal with smokers.

I'm aware of Encanto, Coranado and Roosevelt areas and have done a little searching there via internet but would really appreciate some solid suggestions. We'll be back in Phoenix on May 24th and may do some more drive-by's; tough to do when you want to maximize time with a grandson.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area