Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 07:56 PM

9,189 posts, read 16,540,810 times

Advertisements

I wish there were more people that thought like you guys. It can be tough to get a seat at a lot of these places.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:59 AM

38,955 posts, read 50,875,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Who in their right mind would bring a dog to a restaurant?

I will not support a place that allows dogs inside the restaurant. I love dogs but don't want to dine with them.
Don't go to Germany! Over there the signs say no kids. Dogs are welcome just about everywhere. That is a cultural thing that I missed when I moved back to the US way back when. I like dogs a whole lot more than I like people. Give me a restaurant full of dogs over one filled with snowbirds anytime.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:47 AM

9,478 posts, read 12,217,383 times
I met a friend for brunch at Salut in Tempe. Salut Kitchen Bar :: Restaurant and Wine Bar in Tempe, Arizona I took one of my dogs along. The fact that they advertise that they have a dog friendly patio is why I wanted to go there in the first place. There were dogs of all shapes and sizes, and all were perfectly behaved. Not a peep (or bark) out of one of them! (When can you ever say that about children in restaurants?) They brought a bowl of water for him, and he hung out in the shade under the table watching everyone go by.

The patio was very clean, very busy, and by the number of dogs there...very popular. They had live music and it was a very relaxing time. My dog seemed happy and relaxed, too!

I am looking forward to trying other dog friendly places around the valley with and without my dogs. I enjoy seeing other people's dogs too!

If you don't like dogs on restaurant patios, go someplace that doesn't allow them, and I won't go to Chuck E Cheese or other places that cater to kids

Old 04-22-2015, 11:06 AM

129 posts, read 185,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Don't go to Germany! Over there the signs say no kids. Dogs are welcome just about everywhere. That is a cultural thing that I missed when I moved back to the US way back when. I like dogs a whole lot more than I like people. Give me a restaurant full of dogs over one filled with snowbirds anytime.
Interesting.....
And just what is so annoying about snowbirds in a restaurant?

Old 04-22-2015, 11:19 AM

9,189 posts, read 16,540,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNSvenska View Post
Interesting.....
And just what is so annoying about snowbirds in a restaurant?
Feathers, duh.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:20 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,707,362 times
Here is a handy guide to places I intend to avoid.

20 Valley restaurants with dog-friendly patios

Old 04-22-2015, 12:28 PM

4,235 posts, read 13,997,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Here is a handy guide to places I intend to avoid.

20 Valley restaurants with dog-friendly patios

thanks for this....now I know where I'll head next time....strange how some Americans feel toward dogs....much cleaner and friendlier than people....we could learn a thing or three from Europeans, as Pondy suggests above....

Old 04-22-2015, 12:45 PM

49,983 posts, read 63,301,795 times
I can't comment about RVers dragging their dogs all over the country to strange places and situations, it seems like that could be upsetting to a dog.
In the situations I am familiar with, dogs live close to the urban centers where folks gather, so part of their morning walk might end at a coffee shop or a patio for brunch. Its a part of their regular routine.
The last time I was in this situation, we were in a small hotel in St Petersburg which had a fabulous restaurant where locals gathered for meals and many had their dogs with them. I liked it. All these dogs are well socialized and I like being able to give them a pat.
We had retired friends who traveled far and wide with their, very calm and sedate, fluff ball of a dog. In their case, the dog could not have cared less where he was, as long as he could be right next to them. No stress at all.
In all of these situations, the dogs were outside on a patio area, not inside an enclosed restaurant.

Last edited by gentlearts; 04-22-2015 at 01:11 PM..

Old 04-22-2015, 01:00 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,122,284 times
That's the thing is that good dog owners know what their dog likes, dislikes, and how they handle situations. A good dog owner will not take their pooch to a public place if it stresses the dog. However, if they have a very social dog who gets anxiety while locked up indoors all day then they should be taking that dog out for social interaction.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:02 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,419,172 times
Freedom of choice is a good thing. As many have suggested, if you don't like dogs where they are allowed on patios, eat somewhere else.

For those people concerned about hygiene/germs with dogs about, may I suggest you never swab your hands and look at what's on them after touching things in public places. And also realize that most people don't wash their hands correctly, leaving lots of "interesting" germs/viruses/bacteria on them. And more than a few skip the process altogether:

Gross! Just 5 Percent of Bathroom Users Wash Hands Correctly

And this one from the CDC:

http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/ehs/EHSNet/D...nd_Hygiene.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area