Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 03:49 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,365,370 times

Advertisements

We just ate at a new dog-friendly restaurant over on Tatum and Shea. While I love dogs, I'm just not crazy about this idea. Anyone else eaten at these places? I think it's cruel to the dog - they wind up lying on cold concrete underneath a table, smelling all that delicious food they don't get to eat, and the loud music has to be hard on their finely tuned senses. Add that to the fact that dogs shed and they shake. So we found dog hairs in our food and we were inside the bar away from where at least 30 dogs were hanging out.

I realize I'm going against the grain with some people, but I just wonder what other City-Data villagers think about this. It's not like this place is on the route for thousands of RV'ers who bring their dogs on the road. These people forced their little pooches out of their comfort zones and into this (I think) crappy environment for a pet, not to mention the hapless patrons of the restaurant. This particular place had no sign warning about the dogs. We were told they could only be in one place, but they were all over the place. Just having mixed feelings about it and thought I'd see what you think. (And no, we won't be returning...)

(My friend said he was going to complain that they were discriminating against other pets - he wanted to bring his snake... LOL)

Old 04-20-2015, 03:53 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,573,583 times
I never understood why idiots feel the need to bring thier dirty smelly dogs into a restaurant. Its unsanitary and gross. And tha fact that these people justt assume everyone else in the restaurant should be ok with it itrritates me even more.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:09 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,126,078 times
I love places that are dog friendly. What's the name of this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
I think it's cruel to the dog - they wind up lying on cold concrete underneath a table
This is Phoenix...I guarantee you not one dog found that concrete cold and uncomfortable...if this was the midwest in the winter I might agree with you.

Quote:
smelling all that delicious food they don't get to eat
How is this any difference than having a dog at home while the family is eating dinner? Should dog owners put their dog outside while they eat because eating in front of them is now considered cruel?

Quote:
and the loud music has to be hard on their finely tuned senses.
If their music was loud enough to harm a dog's ears I'm sure many humans would have complained. I've never been to a dog friendly place where the patio music was blaring. If it was in fact very loud you should have said something.

Quote:
These people forced their little pooches out of their comfort zones
How do you know what their dogs comfort zones are? Dog are social animals and enjoy being around people and other dogs. I think it's better to bring them along to places such as this then keep them locked up in a kennel at home.

Quote:
not to mention the hapless patrons of the restaurant.
I don't know the place you are talking about but I've never been to one where I could not tell ahead of time if it was dog friendly or not. Dogs are not allowed inside so you should have been able to see them on the patio and make a judgement call on whether you wanted to eat there or not. I also somewhat doubt there were no signs letting patrons know.

Quote:
(And no, we won't be returning...)
You'd probably hate San Diego if this one place bothered you...just an FYI

Old 04-20-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I never understood why idiots feel the need to bring thier dirty smelly dogs into a restaurant. Its unsanitary and gross. And tha fact that these people justt assume everyone else in the restaurant should be ok with it itrritates me even more.
I can guarantee my dog is probably cleaner than you

Old 04-20-2015, 04:13 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,573,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
I can guarantee my dog is probably cleaner than you
Oh? Why is that?

Old 04-20-2015, 04:23 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,943,379 times
I really don't see the need to have a dog friendly restaurant. Your dog probably is not going to like it. Hell, I prefer to even leave the kids at home!

Old 04-20-2015, 04:36 PM

4,058 posts, read 5,085,442 times
We used to have an Uncle Bear's up the street (now a Cold Beer and Cheeseburgers) that had a dog friendly patio. Never had a problem with it but then I was never there when there were 30 dogs...that seems excessive. We have only seen maximum 5 at Uncle Bear's. They even had "Dog Treats" on the menu...one of our lab's favorite was the warmed up hamburger patty... barely seared on the outside, raw inside, no spices. We only did it once as it was too much of a distraction while we were trying to eat to stop him from begging at our neighbors' tables, not something we would do regularly.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:46 PM

I've taken mine to the Uncle Bears in Ahwatukee. We had a great time and even the people on the patio without dogs enjoyed the atmosphere. They came up to mine and asked to pet him and we had some good conversation. I understand that dogs aren't for everyone and that those people should avoid these types of establishments.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:03 PM

9,593 posts, read 31,579,410 times
I could not agree more, Cowgirl . . .

I am probably one of the greatest Dog / Pet Lovers you will ever meet but there is definitely a time and place for a dog and it is NOT a restaurant.

Street Faires . . . another "Dog Friendly" venue where most animals are obviously stressed and very unhappy at best.

Hmmmmm, no wonder they frequently "snap" at people.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:07 PM

Here's a restaurant search guide telling you where you can bring your dog...and for those against the idea here's a list where you probably shouldn't dine.

Dog Friendly Restaurants in Phoenix, AZ, US
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area