Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 06:15 AM

Location: Simi Valley, California - which was once part of the USA
350 posts, read 537,236 times

Advertisements

Upon graduation from CSU Northridge this year I will be moving to the Valley of the Sun from California (well what remains of it) for a job offer. I will stay with family in Gilbert but I don't intend to linger on their couch for too long and I want to get my own place. I'm only really familiar with Gilbert and Mesa around the Fiesta Mall from visiting family over the years.

How's Apache Junction? I am seeing some very inexpensive places out there on CL. I prefer somewhere quiet and safe, I don't part or anything like that and I am quite a homebody. I just need to be close to amenities like grocery stores and such, have a good commute and be in a safe place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 06:55 AM

770 posts, read 837,443 times
No idea what your budget but right there @ Baseline and College there is a new Mark Taylor complex San Marquis. Plus there are are great things right there food wise. Baseline and Mill you got Aloha Yogurt (I love this place), Someburros, Taste of the Caribbean, US Egg, Opa Life, Bosa Donuts. Mill and Southern Venezia's Pizza. Hell Rural and Baseline you have Wholefoods, Lowes. No reason to travel to the exurbs when Tempe is awesome.

Tempe Apartments for Rent | San Marquis | Apartment Homes near Phoenix Arizona

Old 04-24-2015, 10:58 AM

7 posts, read 12,444 times
I am in the process of relocating to the East Valley as well for a job offer. I was actually surprised at how little time places will hold apartments for and their 'rolling rent' schedules. After reading a lot of reviews and talking with a lot of leasing offices (good and bad), I chose Metropointe in Tempe. They had good reviews and their leasing office was very straight forward with me about the rent and other fees associated. I was very happy with this after getting burned by another complex in Chandler who didnt even want to give me the lease until I was physically in AZ.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:19 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,956,786 times
Steer clear of Apache Junction for a college graduate like yourself, don't get me wrong, the city is decent now, but it is a mecca for retirees and most stuff out there caters to that type.

The Fiesta mall area is also questionable.

Your work are might be a little pricey because of the college crowd, but if you can afford it there is a lot of nice stuff there.

Rule of thumb for me is to always stay south of the US60. North of the US60 between 101 and 202 in east mesa is not that great of an area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area