Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 07:24 PM

2 posts, read 1,791 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the area of Peoria or surrounding areas. How safe are the neighborhoods, are they affordable, how are the schools, good family atmosphere? ANY info at all will greatly help us. We are planning to move from WV, I'm a truck driver and my wife is a teacher, no kids, we are in our mid 20's but not looking for any crazy night clubs or extravagant activities. We are big hockey fans and will most likely go to a lot of Coyotes games, is it a long commute to the area where the stadium is? (That will probably be hard to answer but just a rough estimate :-p)

Are there other areas around the Phoenix metro that are safe and affordable for lower middle class?
I've heard so much about the Gilbert and Chandler areas too but that's on the other side of the valley and I think we are wanting to stay around the west side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 07:35 PM

44,563 posts, read 61,331,648 times
There are a ton of nice places in Peoria. Any local realtor should be able help you with your needs. The Coyote Stadium can be from 5 minutes to 15 minutes from most places in Peoria. It's real accessible right off the 101 freeway.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:56 PM

2,150 posts, read 5,149,282 times
Peoria has some very nice neighborhoods and can be very affordable. Peoria has become a fairly large town in recent years stretching from Northern Ave on the south all the way to Lake Pleasant and west to 171st Ave. Homes prices in Peoria can range from the mid $100s to over $1M, so there is a lot to choose from.

Until very recently the Peoria school district was one of the most highly regarded districts. Recently they voted to adjust the school week to a 4 day week due to budget cuts and loss of funding. We do not know what impact this will have on the district and education we will just have to wait and see.

For affordable housing I like the area just west of the 101 near Peoria Ave.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:24 AM

2 posts, read 1,791 times
4 day week huh? Wish my job in the real world was like that haha. Thanks for the info, we're very excited to move :-)

Old 04-30-2015, 11:16 AM

1,774 posts, read 1,180,955 times
AZJoeD -- The Peoria USD Board voted down a change to a 4 day school district. It will remain a 5 day school week. See minutes of the March 26th school board meeting for details.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:14 PM

2,150 posts, read 5,149,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
AZJoeD -- The Peoria USD Board voted down a change to a 4 day school district. It will remain a 5 day school week. See minutes of the March 26th school board meeting for details.
I apologize for the misinformation. Peoria schools WILL remain on a traditional schedule. Thanks HollyhockGarden, that is good news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area