Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 06:12 AM

3 posts, read 3,306 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I know there is none but I would like to know if there is any place with lots of attractions like maybe half of the half of Disneyland for my kid and maybe for adults too.

Thanks,
Kaan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 08:32 AM

6,129 posts, read 7,936,970 times
There's nothing here that's even 1/10th of a Disney park. Anaheim is about 6 hours away, if you really like paying tons of money to wait in long lines.

Better options: (but for some it will be getting too hot soon)

Phoenix Zoo
Arizona-Sonoran Desert Museum
Kartchner Caverns
Out of Africa
The Grand Canyon

Just to name a few...

Old 04-30-2015, 10:15 AM

38,952 posts, read 50,866,357 times
It's not Disneyland by a long shot, but the kids (and adults) will have a fun day at Wild Life World zoo on Northern by the 303. It's probably the closet thing to a theme park that we have here. There's animals, rides, and an aquarium. I notice that they are erecting a roller coaster and some other rides on the west side of the park. It will be a while before these are in operation though.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:52 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,567,971 times
Quote:
Disney Like Attraction in Phoenix
Without a question mark (?), this title is a bit misleading!

Old 04-30-2015, 12:00 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,176,021 times
Encanto Park Kiddieland is a fun place for a family to visit. It is NOT like Disneyland. The beauty is in it's vintage rides -- it feels like you have gone back in a time machine! Perfect for children 8 years old and younger. Encanto Park is a Phoenix treasure.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:12 PM

6,129 posts, read 7,936,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's not Disneyland by a long shot, but the kids (and adults) will have a fun day at Wild Life World zoo on Northern by the 303. It's probably the closet thing to a theme park that we have here. There's animals, rides, and an aquarium. I notice that they are erecting a roller coaster and some other rides on the west side of the park. It will be a while before these are in operation though.
That's another good one.

So is the McCormack-Stillman Railroad Park in Scottsdale.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:06 PM

296 posts, read 361,735 times
I'm really surprised there aren't more amusement parks around here. There seems to be enough of a population to support it and the weather is nice more of the year then many areas with them. For comparison I wonder why there isn't something like a Six Flags here. There is Castles and Coasters, but it doesn't seem to be nearly to the same scale.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:16 PM

837 posts, read 2,324,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenW View Post
I'm really surprised there aren't more amusement parks around here. There seems to be enough of a population to support it and the weather is nice more of the year then many areas with them. For comparison I wonder why there isn't something like a Six Flags here. There is Castles and Coasters, but it doesn't seem to be nearly to the same scale.

I thought there was one planned for the west valley several years ago. I don't know what happened to the plans.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:43 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,705,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenW View Post
The reason is fairly simple. Those places do their biggest business in the summer when school is out and the weather here would not be conducive to standing in lines, etc. Summer is when people leave to go to cooler places like the beach or the mountains. No one would travel here from other parts of the country in the summer when they know how hot it gets. (Valley Native will be here shortly to disagree.)

Old 04-30-2015, 01:59 PM

8,020 posts, read 12,165,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
There's nothing here that's even 1/10th of a Disney park. Anaheim is about 6 hours away, if you really like paying tons of money to wait in long lines.
Castles & Coasters would be the closest thing here as far as I know, which would probably equate to about 1/20th of Disneyland. It has been there for a long time, and is still fairly popular from what I've seen of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
The reason is fairly simple. Those places do their biggest business in the summer when school is out and the weather here would not be conducive to standing in lines, etc. Summer is when people leave to go to cooler places like the beach or the mountains. No one would travel here from other parts of the country in the summer when they know how hot it gets. (Valley Native will be here shortly to disagree.)
It's scary ... you know me all too well! And yes, I disagree because other places in the country which have not only the summer heat but stifling humidity (such as Florida) attract millions of tourists to their theme parks. In fact, Florida's attractions bring in people year round, not just during the summer months. Also, the Las Vegas Strip is basically one big theme park which can be just as hot as Phoenix in the summer, and lots of people still flock there even in July & August.

It's really ironic because in one thread I read about how people love the "dry heat" and actually look forward to it ... then I read & hear that Phoenix can't possibly have successful amusement parks on a Six Flags or Disney scale because it's too hot in the summer. Sorry, but it can't be both ways. There seems to be plenty of people who don't mind the heat, so wouldn't it be better to keep business here instead of letting all the revenue go to CA or elsewhere? Even so, why couldn't an indoor theme park work? That concept seems to have worked well in a hot climate like Dubai!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area