Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2015, 03:26 PM

12 posts, read 13,917 times

Advertisements

I signed a lease and now am sorry. I start a part time job Monday and am hoping to supplement and/or get on full time after 90 days. I signed a lease and if the staff continues the way things are going I don't think I have 13 months of non stop headache instead of a home.

I was hoping to find a good deal in a snowbird mobile home in a safe but close to shopping so I can make the most of my very limited income. Instead, I found an apartment that sounded good at the intersection of two freeways but now I hear I'm the first person not from India they rented to in months and some dirty old man is telling people a loose woman replaced the loose woman that used to live there. He does not live there but is a friend of my new neighbor who says I might as well relax and enjoy it or feel taken advantage of. The apartment staff told me my lease is already binding and I'd do well to get along.

So, I left an abusive situation for a whole new set of issues. But if anyone could point me to some of the nicer but affordable gems anywhere in the metro Phoenix area, hopefully this goal will get me through.

I've always done office jobs but a temp agency put my in a call center job. None of the nearby ones (Discover, American Express, Progressive or Progrexion (sp?) ) offered me a position but the temp agency did. I am slightly handicapped but it's from birth and I have no documentation as my childhood doctor died and his records are long gone. I can drive and type; it's slight but noticable and being slow, clumsy, weak does not make one the favorite team member at many jobs. Patience and kindness are strengths but being a caretaker is a responsibility I wouldn't want to fail at.

As long as I'm reinventing my life I was hoping to land a full time decent paying position so I could find the right long term home. I don't qualify for any of the social services for homeless/domestic violence as they happened in my home state and I do not qualify here.

So any hints/tips/ideas are most welcome. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by DeerValleyAZ; 05-08-2015 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: the word they used is not allowed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 11:57 PM

109 posts, read 209,633 times
I don't know of any specific advice or information to offer you (I'm sorry), but I have compassion for your story/current situation, so I am bumping this thread in hopes of someone with the means to help you seeing it and replying.

Good luck! And I sincerely hope that things have gotten better and will continue to get better for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: