Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 04:39 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,292,531 times

Advertisements

Wow!

I can see the reason but it seems like a lot of wasted time and effort, honestly. Some people will never pick it up.

Funny story: I moved into a condo complex with my 2 Chihuahuas. The dogs and I had been there literally 2 hours when I went outside to find a HUGE bag of dog poop at my door! I guess someone thought I didn't pick up after my dogs? (and way to make me feel welcome! not)

So, I put the bag of poop back out on the main sidewalk with a note that said something like:

"Dear neighbor, thanks for thinking of me and my dogs when you saw this, but I can assure you this did NOT come from them! This poop is FAR too big! Please know I always pick up after my dogs, and think that people who don't are just plain rude. P.S. I hope you find the culprit. Have a nice day!"

The poop was gone within an hour and it never happened again

Old 05-21-2015, 05:15 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Wow!

I can see the reason but it seems like a lot of wasted time and effort, honestly. Some people will never pick it up.

Funny story: I moved into a condo complex with my 2 Chihuahuas. The dogs and I had been there literally 2 hours when I went outside to find a HUGE bag of dog poop at my door! I guess someone thought I didn't pick up after my dogs? (and way to make me feel welcome! not)

So, I put the bag of poop back out on the main sidewalk with a note that said something like:

"Dear neighbor, thanks for thinking of me and my dogs when you saw this, but I can assure you this did NOT come from them! This poop is FAR too big! Please know I always pick up after my dogs, and think that people who don't are just plain rude. P.S. I hope you find the culprit. Have a nice day!"

The poop was gone within an hour and it never happened again
I like your approach.

This clearly sounds like a clear case of poop by HO/association.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 05:00 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
Oh yeah?

My dog poops into a baggie, ties it up & tosses it in the trash, all by himself. (not that he needs to, his poops smell like laundry on a clothesline along the Maine seacoast in the springtime..)..
I call D.S. (which is related to the meaning of B.S).

Old 05-22-2015, 05:07 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantano49 View Post
If you have a dog you should carry at least two or three bags on every walk so you can pickup after your dog and anyone else dog. Hoa's are full of a lot of busybodies who like to complain. So far I have gotten two letters for dog being off leash, a warning for having a leash that extends past five feet, a weather station on my roof a neighbor could see, and trimming bushes in the common area. Fortunately we don't have fines. And to think my HOA fees are only $220 per month.
Can I take a wild guess? You own a pitbull mix.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:49 AM

2 posts, read 3,968 times
My high end condo implemented a dog poop DNA program last summer (PooPrints), and it's been a total nightmare of botched science and HOA witch hunting. You can read my hideous story here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dogs/commen...nightmare_bad/

Old 06-08-2016, 06:57 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,292,064 times
I wonder if cameras would work out better, if they could target some high poop areas for surveillance.

Old 06-08-2016, 07:26 PM

394 posts, read 343,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
Oh yeah?

My dog poops into a baggie, ties it up & tosses it in the trash, all by himself. (not that he needs to, his poops smell like laundry on a clothesline along the Maine seacoast in the springtime..)..
Just like everyone's children are little angel presents to the world... The rest of us know better.

Old 06-08-2016, 07:51 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,685,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Rookie View Post
Just like everyone's children are little angel presents to the world... The rest of us know better.
I have bought dog-poop bags on Amazon by the thousand for years & can provide receipts if you doubt it. Not one time has any of my neighbors had to pick up after my dog. One neighbor accused me of not picking up when I had a bag of still-warm dog poop in my hand that apparently she didn't see - I showed it to her & then she complained about him peeing in her yard and "killing her plants" - the only problem being, my dog runs out of pee a block before reaching her property.. He sniffs, lifts his leg & nothing comes out at her house - he been doing the same thing, every day, twice a day, for years. If you want to be angry at someone, make sure of your facts - otherwise your ignorance will leak out.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:13 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
As a board member to an HOA in Tucson. I unequivocally hate HOAs but I'd pay to watch our prop manager pick up poopnfpr DNA. As a resident I'd ignore swab requests and threaten court actions. Nonsense and overkill.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:17 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,595,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
As a board member to an HOA in Tucson. I unequivocally hate HOAs but I'd pay to watch our prop manager pick up poopnfpr DNA. As a resident I'd ignore swab requests and threaten court actions. Nonsense and overkill.
IDK, normally I'm against such a Big Brother style of intrusion. But, I regularly barely miss dog turds walking and I'm always sure to pick up mine's poop. I'd love these lazy d-bags to have to pay fines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area