Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 12:40 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,621,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Sconce View Post
What's funny is a thread about a bunch of criminals laundering money in a dope ring has turned into another. "I hate Joe thread". I think people are angry now that their supply has just been cut off and it will be DRY in Phoenix for the next little while..

I never knew Phoenix was home to so many bleeding heart Liberals.
Pointing out that "america's most senile sheriff" isn't saving you any money with his 37-cent green baloney dinners in the jails when he's *also* losing $5 million dollars a year in wrongful-death lawsuits doesn't make me a pothead or a "bleeding heart".

For the record, I also pointed out that the "amazing haul of drugs confiscated" won't be affecting the supply of pot here either, since it was mostly seedlings & sprouts. You don't have to be a "pothead" to know these things, the info is out there.

News-flash, cops frequently lie to reporters about the "street value" of drugs they seize, just as they lie to reporters about seizing "arsenals" of weapons. Lying reduces your credibility once people figure out that you're doing it.

Leo's like sheriff Joe are causing a breakdown of respect for law-enforcement that may not be repairable once the effects take hold. That should concern you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 01:10 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,792,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
"Facts", really?

Please cite some "facts" showing how marijuana use leads to "theft, armed robbery & murder"..

There are drugs that are so powerful and addictive that users resort to crime to support their habits.

Those drugs are widely available in the valley, and evidently they aren't a priority for our senile sheriff.

Marijuana isn't one of those drugs.
Quote:
Joey's little "bust" proves that he's mismanaging the department.

Funny how no one wants to talk about the 28,000 known felons wandering our streets with impunity while he allows his "undercover" agents to spend 7 months investigating pot sellers.

One could reasonably conclude that the overpaid civil "servants" at the sheriff's department want to enjoy their fat salaries & overtime without doing anything to actually protect the public, or facing down any real criminals.

On a forum that's well-stocked with scads of so-called "fiscal conservatives", I'd expect a little outrage. You're paying for law-enforcement & getting an army of overpaid meter-maids, growing out their mullets at taxpayer expense & grabbing the lowest-hanging criminal "fruit" while ignoring the guys who might actually kick in your door & shoot you in the head for their next fix.
Quote:
Pointing out that "america's most senile sheriff" isn't saving you any money with his 37-cent green baloney dinners in the jails when he's *also* losing $5 million dollars a year in wrongful-death lawsuits doesn't make me a pothead or a "bleeding heart".

For the record, I also pointed out that the "amazing haul of drugs confiscated" won't be affecting the supply of pot here either, since it was mostly seedlings & sprouts. You don't have to be a "pothead" to know these things, the info is out there.

News-flash, cops frequently lie to reporters about the "street value" of drugs they seize, just as they lie to reporters about seizing "arsenals" of weapons. Lying reduces your credibility once people figure out that you're doing it.

Leo's like sheriff Joe are causing a breakdown of respect for law-enforcement that may not be repairable once the effects take hold. That should concern you.

Ok,it's obvious now you hate sheriff Joe.

So back on topic that it's still illegal whether you agree or not and so is money laundering. As far as all the bogus lawsuits against him sorry but that happens everywhere. My girlfriends brother is the director of operations at the Cook County jail and has been sued for many dumb things including refusing to let prisoners get lottery tickets! Blame the system and the blood sucking leech lawyers.

Old 05-23-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Ok,it's obvious now you hate sheriff Joe.

So back on topic that it's still illegal whether you agree or not and so is money laundering. As far as all the bogus lawsuits against him sorry but that happens everywhere, My girlfriends brother is the director of operations at the Cook County jail and has been sued for many dumb things including refusing to let prisoners get lottery tickets! Blame the system and the blood sucking leach lawyers.
the lawsuits filed against Joe aren't "dumb" - the most current one in the news is about his targeting of Americans (not "illegals"), based on their skin color. <-------- you might want to read that sentence twice. American citizens, getting their civil rights violated under Joe's direct orders. One doesn't have to look very deeply into his press releases to find some deeply disturbing things if you use a little critical thinking.

The one that put me over the edge personally, was his "bust" at a McDonalds a while back. Cameras everywhere - a "perp walk" full of brown Americans, allegations of "identity theft".. Juicy stuff for the news, but one of those people who got "perp walked" was an American, with a valid I.D. She got to spend a whole day zip-tied in the sun, getting her face plastered on the news, getting "interrogated" by thugs with guns and badges who "thought" her valid I.D. might be "fake". She didn't sue, to my knowledge - but she did get harassed, humiliated and intimidated without any just cause or suspicion.

here's a linky:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/blogs...-later-6500152

That is inexcusable in a "free" country, imho.

Anyone who thinks that is "ok" hasn't read our constitution.

Last edited by Zippyman; 05-23-2015 at 01:48 PM..

Old 05-23-2015, 02:23 PM

2,355 posts, read 2,662,919 times
Particularly interesting because New York is making a point of coming down on nail salons for other illegalities, like labor violations. Maybe it's a field that somehow is really prone to corruption.

Old 05-23-2015, 03:10 PM

498 posts, read 541,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Particularly interesting because New York is making a point of coming down on nail salons for other illegalities, like labor violations. Maybe it's a field that somehow is really prone to corruption.

I always wondered why there were so many nail salons in the valley. Surely there can't be that many trophy wives outside of Scottsdale who get their nails done on a regular basis. I suspect some of them might be Rub n Tugs.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:43 PM

9,479 posts, read 12,239,418 times
You obviously know nothing about the nail industry. The number of nail salons here is not unusual. It's this way in every city in this country. Its not just trophy wives getting their nails done, either. Just got mine done this morning, actually. Just as I have done regularly for many years. There were several other customers from teens to middle aged to elderly getting all sorts of services.

(I'm not a trophy wife)

I think the fact that nail salons are so commonplace would make for a good place to launder money. You see so many nail salons that they all sort of just blend in

Old 05-24-2015, 10:23 AM

784 posts, read 919,322 times
When we were out for my sons graduation from ASU 2 weeks ago my wife, her sister and mother all had their nails done having gotten gift cards from the boys for Mothers day......their tried doing a walk in and were denied because of the place being so busy they only did appointments.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:46 AM

784 posts, read 919,322 times
Quote:
"Facts", really?

Please cite some "facts" showing how marijuana use leads to "theft, armed robbery & murder"..

There are drugs that are so powerful and addictive that users resort to crime to support their habits.

Those drugs are widely available in the valley, and evidently they aren't a priority for our senile sheriff.

Marijuana isn't one of those drugs.
Actually you would be wrong...the top drug that leads to more prison incarceration than any other is marijuana. A minority of those incarcerated is for casual use, most of them involve another crime tied to the drug be it robbery, theft, assault or murder.

Maybe you should give your "I hate Joe" rant a break and start paying attention to the facts.

Even in a case where a middle class or rich kid is using drugs buying it with their own money doesn't make for a victimless crime...I know because we lived it with our youngest son....even though he was never arrested we watched him go from an honor student athlete to not being able to graduated from high school in less than a year of starting to smoke marijuana.

He was an accomplished athlete in basketball and football....was drug tested continually by the school and always passed, started as an outside linebacker as a sophomore on his varsity team rated 1# in the state of Illinois...was all area when a junior. His life feel apart after his senior football season, we know today from talking with his closest friends that it was mostly due to his daily marijuana use.....from there he became an alcoholic at the age of 20 and was found near death and was institutionalized for 2 months....he had to be restrained to a bed due to hallucinations.

Having moved to Phoenix and getting almost daily support he has been clean for 12 months...but it has not been easy......a lot of pain and suffering has happened because of this.....so for anyone to try and tell me that marijuana is a victimless crime can go and try selling it to someone else...I'm not buying it.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:04 PM

24,333 posts, read 25,845,428 times
Other nail salon issues.

Toxic Chemicals in Hair and Nail Salons Create Serious Suffering in the Name of Beauty

Toxic Chemicals in Hair and Nail Salons Create Serious Suffering in the Name of Beauty | Alternet

Old 05-25-2015, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
Actually you would be wrong...the top drug that leads to more prison incarceration than any other is marijuana. A minority of those incarcerated is for casual use, most of them involve another crime tied to the drug be it robbery, theft, assault or murder.

Maybe you should give your "I hate Joe" rant a break and start paying attention to the facts.

Even in a case where a middle class or rich kid is using drugs buying it with their own money doesn't make for a victimless crime...I know because we lived it with our youngest son....even though he was never arrested we watched him go from an honor student athlete to not being able to graduated from high school in less than a year of starting to smoke marijuana.

He was an accomplished athlete in basketball and football....was drug tested continually by the school and always passed, started as an outside linebacker as a sophomore on his varsity team rated 1# in the state of Illinois...was all area when a junior. His life feel apart after his senior football season, we know today from talking with his closest friends that it was mostly due to his daily marijuana use.....from there he became an alcoholic at the age of 20 and was found near death and was institutionalized for 2 months....he had to be restrained to a bed due to hallucinations.

Having moved to Phoenix and getting almost daily support he has been clean for 12 months...but it has not been easy......a lot of pain and suffering has happened because of this.....so for anyone to try and tell me that marijuana is a victimless crime can go and try selling it to someone else...I'm not buying it.
well, normally I would refrain from calling bull**** about anyone's family members - but you introduced "your son" to the thread, not me - and you also gave marijuana a number of powers that it simply does not possess. Marijuana isn't addictive. Marijuana doesn't cause hallucinations. Marijuana doesn't cause alcoholism. Marijuana doesn't cause people to be institutionalized & need therapy.

Other than having "wild jazz parties" , the story about "your son" sounds strikingly similar to the plot from "reefer madness", which was btw, a fictional story from 50+ years ago.

Back on point - there *are* drugs in the valley that are addictive, cause hallucinations & all manner of awful (real) health problems & if you want to be a real anti-drug crusader, they're much more worthy targets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area