Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,047 times

Advertisements

Hi ~
I am moving to the Phoenix area in approx 2 months. I have multiple health problems, and my doctors and others have recommended the Arizona climate, so I can begin to feel better. I am medically retired, in my latter 50's, and separated. I really want to find a nice, safe apartment in a clean area of Phoenix. I would like to be somewhat close to shopping, businesses, medical facilities, entertainment, and dog parks. Some of the things I'm looking for where I live are, a patio/deck, air conditioning, a dishwasher, and some extra storage, also possibly an elevator, depending on the level/floor I would live on. Above all else I would like to find a loving Nondenominational Church, Pentecostal, Assembly of God, or Baptist Church. My faith is very important to me!!! I would also like a pool in my apartment community, as my doctors and therapists recommend this strongly.
I've moved around a lot growing up with a military father, so the heat will be a pleasant change after nearly 40 years in ND, and a reminder of several places I enjoyed living when growing up!!

Thank you so much for any help and directions you can give me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 05:31 PM

182 posts, read 264,216 times
Under 600? ouch.

Maybe some places in Mesa, but they are a little crowded with a healthy mix of working class normals and degenerate weirdos. I looked around there when I first moved here in January. I ended up in Chandler and pay 760 for a decent place plus water and sewer and trash, which bumps it up to about 800.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:43 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,290,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobeWarmer View Post
Hi ~
I am moving to the Phoenix area in approx 2 months. I have multiple health problems, and my doctors and others have recommended the Arizona climate, so I can begin to feel better. I am medically retired, in my latter 50's, and separated. I really want to find a nice, safe apartment in a clean area of Phoenix. I would like to be somewhat close to shopping, businesses, medical facilities, entertainment, and dog parks. Some of the things I'm looking for where I live are, a patio/deck, air conditioning, a dishwasher, and some extra storage, also possibly an elevator, depending on the level/floor I would live on. Above all else I would like to find a loving Nondenominational Church, Pentecostal, Assembly of God, or Baptist Church. My faith is very important to me!!! I would also like a pool in my apartment community, as my doctors and therapists recommend this strongly.
I've moved around a lot growing up with a military father, so the heat will be a pleasant change after nearly 40 years in ND, and a reminder of several places I enjoyed living when growing up!!

Thank you so much for any help and directions you can give me!

I rented a one BR with a dog door and good sized backyard for $600 in north Phoenix. It is possible to find.

All units were one story, new appliances with fridge, dishwasher, built in microwave, stacked washer/dryer. No pool, though. I doubt you will find a place with a pool for that cheap

Old 05-22-2015, 06:56 PM

163 posts, read 206,939 times
I think if you bump your budget by $100 you'll have a lot more options. Good luck!

Old 05-22-2015, 11:21 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,946,301 times
In Arizona we have apartment locators that are paid by the apartment complexes to match up tenants with available apartments and all fees are paid by the apartment management companies, They have lists of all the credit scores, pet requirements that apartments will accept and can save you a bundle in application fees.
I used to work as an apartment locator, it is a legit business that requires a realtor license.

https://www.google.com/#q=apartment+locators+phoenix+az

If you want a private condo use Craigslist and if you get lucky be prepared to jump on anything that is good because it will not last.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:25 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,610,327 times
Quote:
Where to find a nice 1 bedroom apt under 600. a month with 2 small companion dogs??
All things are possible, however you'll have to provide your own "companion dogs".

Old 05-25-2015, 06:13 AM

16 posts, read 39,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I rented a one BR with a dog door and good sized backyard for $600 in north Phoenix. It is possible to find.
Where was that Apt complex? Thx

Old 05-25-2015, 07:54 AM

214 posts, read 401,666 times
I know you stated Phoenix, but if you are retired, why not look into Sun City? We have many, many churches, plenty of shopping and medical care, and I think you may find your price per month in Sun City. Moderator cut: Real Estate Recommendations are not allowed

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 05-26-2015 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: Real Estate Recommendations are not allowed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area