U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-01-2009, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,125 times

Advertisements

1. At least two signs shall be placed in a location before a photo enforcement system. One sign shall be in a location that is approximately three hundred feet before the photo enforcement system. Placement of additional signs shall be more than three hundred feet before a photo enforcement system to provide reasonable notice to a person that a photo enforcement system is present and operational.
2. Signs indicating a photo enforcement system shall be removed or covered when the photo enforcement system is no longer present or not operating.
C. Signs erected by a local authority or agency of this state as prescribed in this section shall contain a yellow warning notice and correlate with and as far as possible conform to the system set forth in the most recent edition of the manual on uniform traffic control devices for streets and highways adopted by the director pursuant to section 28-641.
D. If the standards and specifications prescribed pursuant to this section are not in effect during the operation of a photo enforcement system, the court may dismiss any citation issued to a person who is identified by the use of the photo enforcement system.

Does anyone know if there are signs, at least, 300 feet before the cameras that are near the Buckeye Road exit?

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 01:19 AM

1 posts, read 2,128 times
Default Out of state with a budget car rental

I am out of state and was flashed on highway 101 in Phoenix. I was driving a budget rental and thought I was ok bc the guy next to me in the fast lane was going faster, but the camera went off on me not him. I am really worried bc I can not have anymore speeding tickets. This is my first time in Phoenix and my first time with photo radar experience (WTF????).

Since I did not know about photo radar when I first came I am also worried I may have received more citations for speeding or going through a yellow light turning red. Also, when I first saw the flash it freaked me out bc I had no idea what it was. I turned around at the first U-turn to go back and see what it was. During that time, I was sitting at a red arrow and when it turned green I started to go, but then there was another red arrow 15 feet later. I do not know where that red arrow came from and was worried about an accident happening so I just proceeded to make my U-turn.

My question is what is going to happen? Will my state find out about this? If I get anything in the mail, do I pay the ticket or just ignore it? If my state does find out about it will I get points on my license? What about insurance rates? What should I do?

Old 04-24-2009, 08:42 AM

14,198 posts, read 17,750,597 times
Well, first of all, the camera may actually have gone off on him, not you. Same with the red light camera.

For right now, I would not freak out about this. Wait and see if you get anything (it may take longer since you were driving a rental, I'm not sure how that works. I think there was another thread here involving a rental car not long ago). If you get something in the mail, THEN those questions come into play.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:33 PM

27 posts, read 51,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristarr3 View Post
1. At least two signs shall be placed in a location before a photo enforcement system. One sign shall be in a location that is approximately three hundred feet before the photo enforcement system. Placement of additional signs shall be more than three hundred feet before a photo enforcement system to provide reasonable notice to a person that a photo enforcement system is present and operational.
2. Signs indicating a photo enforcement system shall be removed or covered when the photo enforcement system is no longer present or not operating.
C. Signs erected by a local authority or agency of this state as prescribed in this section shall contain a yellow warning notice and correlate with and as far as possible conform to the system set forth in the most recent edition of the manual on uniform traffic control devices for streets and highways adopted by the director pursuant to section 28-641.
D. If the standards and specifications prescribed pursuant to this section are not in effect during the operation of a photo enforcement system, the court may dismiss any citation issued to a person who is identified by the use of the photo enforcement system.

Does anyone know if there are signs, at least, 300 feet before the cameras that are near the Buckeye Road exit?

Thanks!
Buckeye Road exit? Which highway are you talking about? Do you mean the miller road exit on 10? There are warning signs on all the camera locations before you trigger them.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:41 PM

17,573 posts, read 20,884,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notfair View Post
I am out of state and was flashed on highway 101 in Phoenix. I was driving a budget rental and thought I was ok bc the guy next to me in the fast lane was going faster, but the camera went off on me not him. I am really worried bc I can not have anymore speeding tickets. This is my first time in Phoenix and my first time with photo radar experience (WTF????).

Since I did not know about photo radar when I first came I am also worried I may have received more citations for speeding or going through a yellow light turning red. Also, when I first saw the flash it freaked me out bc I had no idea what it was. I turned around at the first U-turn to go back and see what it was. During that time, I was sitting at a red arrow and when it turned green I started to go, but then there was another red arrow 15 feet later. I do not know where that red arrow came from and was worried about an accident happening so I just proceeded to make my U-turn.

My question is what is going to happen? Will my state find out about this? If I get anything in the mail, do I pay the ticket or just ignore it? If my state does find out about it will I get points on my license? What about insurance rates? What should I do?
You sound like a really great driver. Maybe it would be best if they take you off the road.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,645 times
Has anyone else here got flashed and gotten a "Notice Of Violation"? It looks very much like a regular photo ticket, picture and all, but doesn't have "traffic ticket" mentioned anywhere on it. It DOES say something about "not being subject to dismissal by traffic school attendance."

???

Old 07-16-2009, 06:24 PM

3 posts, read 4,884 times
Hi guys,
Does anyone has contested the photo radar ticket in court and won. I will appreciate any post on this. It seems in my case they have only three pictures, no video. Though the citation says there is a link to video, but they seem to forget to put link to video on web. Can authenticity or accuracy of still pictures be challenged in absence of video? How much evidence judge would like them present? Or is he just going to believe them?

Old 07-16-2009, 06:28 PM

3,995 posts, read 6,290,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uner View Post
Hi guys,
Does anyone has contested the photo radar ticket in court and won. I will appreciate any post on this. It seems in my case they have only three pictures, no video. Though the citation says there is a link to video, but they seem to forget to put link to video on web. Can authenticity or accuracy of still pictures be challenged in absence of video? How much evidence judge would like them present? Or is he just going to believe them?
They could present the video to the judge. Probably be better to pay as you might get some added court fees if you are found guilty. But I'm not sure how that works? Anyone have to deal with this???

Old 07-16-2009, 09:24 PM

10,481 posts, read 14,844,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
They could present the video to the judge. Probably be better to pay as you might get some added court fees if you are found guilty. But I'm not sure how that works? Anyone have to deal with this???
Yes, my roommate did. He was also a delivery driver. He received 2 tickets by photo radar vans in Phoenix within 2 weeks. I told him to ignore them, but he chose to go to school on one of them, and fight the other. I went to court with him on the one he fought. They have the photo van operator show up with large pictures of you. They also show the calibration records. Really, you have no chance of winning against one of these tickets. That is, unless you are an idiot like this guy was. He brought all the evidence, but it was for the wrong ticket!! He only had all the evidence on the ticket my friend had already went to school on. It was immediately dismissed. However, this was a rare screw up. My advice is not to fight the ticket, it is just a waste of time and additional fees.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:47 PM

3 posts, read 4,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Yes, my roommate did. He was also a delivery driver. He received 2 tickets by photo radar vans in Phoenix within 2 weeks. I told him to ignore them, but he chose to go to school on one of them, and fight the other. I went to court with him on the one he fought. They have the photo van operator show up with large pictures of you. They also show the calibration records. Really, you have no chance of winning against one of these tickets. That is, unless you are an idiot like this guy was. He brought all the evidence, but it was for the wrong ticket!! He only had all the evidence on the ticket my friend had already went to school on. It was immediately dismissed. However, this was a rare screw up. My advice is not to fight the ticket, it is just a waste of time and additional fees.
Why additional fee? Does receiving ticket mean things are already decided in pontiff’s favor and I am just wasting court’s time if I ask an independent review? Ticket is just a (unproven) charge made by pontiff, who has vested interested in charging people. They have to make money. Can anyone possibly remember at what speed one was driving 20 days back at a given time and spot? They have not given me any video yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area