Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 01:04 PM

892 posts, read 1,499,892 times

Advertisements

Working on closing on a place in Wittmann, and was browsing other threads here about Wittmann in general. One in particular I found referenced an old article from the now apparently defunct Wittmann News -

Quote:
This is the image that holds in peoples minds as they drive back to try to find the center of enterprising Wittmann only to find a stop light, some rugged old buildings and rusting cars that are inches away from the only signs indicating that the community of Wittmann ever existed which are posted for you to see as you approach Grand (US-60 and Central) where the traffic signal makes people stop and take notice to downtown Wittmann, Arizona!
Downtown Wittmann? There's a downtown? I thought that Wittmann was pretty much just all scattered housing, the one derelict looking sports bar, and the Shell station/Subway that popped up a while ago? (Which the whole lot of nothing in the middle of nowhere was actually a draw for me..I hate, DESPISE living in the city, lol).

Also, are there internet options out there besides Century Link, dialup, or DishNet? Apparently CenturyLink is unable to give me service, as it states on their website -

Quote:
We are currently unable to offer High-Speed Internet at your service address due to some unexpected capacity conditions.
By the time I pay for a land line and dialup, I'm at the cost of the Dishnet anyways..so it seems silly to go that route, and I don't feel the overwhelming need to pay every month on the off chance I just might have some kind of emergency AND the cell phone towers are off line.

The only thing that scares me about the satellite is the data cap, as I can easily blow through 50 gigs a month on my cell phone, and I'm not doing nearly the amount of video and downloading on the phone as I do at home. Worst case scenario, I just keep using my phone as an internet provider, as I get unlimited 4G data on it already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area